USMB Coffee Shop IV

My children were born 3 years apart but are both right on the cusp between Sagittarius and Capricorn. We have long joked that that is why they don't fit into any profile. :)

My son is a Capricorn. While some of it accurately describes him, he is a lot more loving and caring than the horoscope describes his sign. Lol.

That's because you're his relative, lol :) All Capricorns love their relatives really much.

That profile really doesn't fit his personality at all. He is hardly ever serious, for one thing. He loves to joke around and laugh. He has a lot of friends and people tend to really like him. That horoscope makes it sound as if he is a real jerk, and that is definitely not the case. I mean, they didn't really have many positive things to say about Capricorn.

Yeah, I suppose, all horoscopes had written by someone, who didn't like Capricorns, Libras etc., and all other astrologists just copied it with variations :)

Could be! Lol!

My children were born 3 years apart but are both right on the cusp between Sagittarius and Capricorn. We have long joked that that is why they don't fit into any profile. :)

My son is a Capricorn. While some of it accurately describes him, he is a lot more loving and caring than the horoscope describes his sign. Lol.

That's because you're his relative, lol :) All Capricorns love their relatives really much.

That profile really doesn't fit his personality at all. He is hardly ever serious, for one thing. He loves to joke around and laugh. He has a lot of friends and people tend to really like him. That horoscope makes it sound as if he is a real jerk, and that is definitely not the case. I mean, they didn't really have many positive things to say about Capricorn.

Yeah, I suppose, all horoscopes had written by someone, who didn't like Capricorns, Libras etc., and all other astrologists just copied it with variations :)

I personally assign very little credibility to astrology--it is fun to play with but I am not a believer other than I do believe we have a spiritual capacity to process and gain insight from unexpected sources and sometimes the profiles or daily horoscope might be a channel for that.

But I do think the people who write those profiles are very likely to incorporate their personal prejudices and preferences into them. Have an especially lovable Taurus in your life? That could show up in the description. Have an especially unpleasant experience with a Libra. Same thing happens only in reverse.

Even in the Jungian based science of temperament typing--and I do put a lot of credibility in much of that--I still leave open a strong possibility that a person's personal experience, likes and dislikes, can color those profiles that they write.

Last edited:
Had a couple of minutes to burn here and was just surfing through the stuff of the day on the internet and ran across this:

I ate a $76,000 Thanksgiving dinner—but there was one thing missing

104839872-264A0175_2.600x400.jpg

I will never ever have the kind of money that would make such an experience possible. And I am asking myself, if I DID have the money and wouldn't miss it, would I spend that much to enjoy an extra special decadent Thanksgiving meal?

I honestly can't image that I would be that curious????

Had a couple of minutes to burn here and was just surfing through the stuff of the day on the internet and ran across this:

I will never ever have the kind of money that would make such an experience possible. And I am asking myself, if I DID have the money and wouldn't miss it, would I spend that much to enjoy an extra special decadent Thanksgiving meal?

Give me a little turkey, dry stuffing, and a whole bunch of pumpkin pie, and I'm set for Thanksgiving dinner. Why would I want a bunch of odd food I'll probably hate anyway? :lol:

Give me a little turkey, dry stuffing, and a whole bunch of pumpkin pie, and I'm set for Thanksgiving dinner. Why would I want a bunch of odd food I'll probably hate anyway? :lol:

What, no potatoes and gravy, no cranberry sauce, no corn souffle?

Well you're a picky eater and I'm not. I'm pretty eclectic and adventurous when it comes to cuisine. But I don't think I am so adventurous that I would splurge on a seven figure dinner for anything. :)

Well you're a picky eater and I'm not. I'm pretty eclectic and adventurous when it comes to cuisine. But I don't think I am so adventurous that I would splurge on a seven figure dinner for anything. :)

Me neither, that's WAY above my income level. I'm probably serving T'Day dinner for under $20, but it's just me and the missus. Nobody is going to confuse me with a pro in the kitchen, but I can read and follow directions about as good as most people.

I had to agree with the guy who wrote the piece though. What makes a Thanksgiving meal or any meal for that matter special is sharing good food with people you love. Without that it is just food however good.

But even with loved ones I'm not sure I could enjoy a meal that cost enough to pay off our mortgage.

Me neither, that's WAY above my income level. I'm probably serving T'Day dinner for under $20, but it's just me and the missus. Nobody is going to confuse me with a pro in the kitchen, but I can read and follow directions about as good as most people.

I will probably have at least seven and maybe eight people for Thanksgiving this year and my aunt wants to furnish the proteins--I have to cook them--and will do so fairly lavishly so we'll have a fancier than normal Thanksgiving Dinner. But I will still not spend more than maybe $5 or so a person even with the meat. And I know I'll enjoy it much more than I would enjoy a $76,000 dinner by myself.

Nope. :) I am fine with potatoes, but not with gravy. No to cranberry sauce, no to souffle. Just plain corn is fine, though. ;)

Nope. :) I am fine with potatoes, but not with gravy. No to cranberry sauce, no to souffle. Just plain corn is fine, though. ;)

The important thing to take from my post, though, is that pumpkin pie is far and away the most vital part of any Thanksgiving meal. :lol:

Potatoes without gravy is like, like .... it's positively unAmerican!

The important thing to take from my post, though, is that pumpkin pie is far and away the most vital part of any Thanksgiving meal. :lol:

Gotta have whipped cream on it. At least tell me that.

Potatoes without gravy is like, like .... it's positively unAmerican!

In my part of the world it is almost illegal. :)

:desk:

I got a call this morning, I was selected to work at the local post office. A drug test and some paperwork, then off to training in Detroit. No UPS elf for me this year. :(

Huge relief that the job search is done and I can concentrate on leaning a new job, getting ready for the holidays and normal life.

:thewave:

Gotta have whipped cream on it. At least tell me that.

I'm good with whipped cream, but I'm good without, too. I recently told my employer that I'd probably be happy to just eat pumpkin pie filling out of a can. :lmao:

WQ is a good cook, but he doesn't really do any baking. I stay out of the kitchen as much as possible, except for the clean up.:D We are hosting dinner on Wednesday for my Dad, and dessert will be pumpkin pecan pie with vanilla cinnamon swirl ice cream. When we go to my Mom's on Thursday, she'll have apple, pumpkin, and brownies.:thup:

DSC_0082.jpg

WQ is a good cook, but he doesn't really do any baking. I stay out of the kitchen as much as possible, except for the clean up.:D We are hosting dinner on Wednesday for my Dad, and dessert will be pumpkin pecan pie with vanilla cinnamon swirl ice cream. When we go to my Mom's on Thursday, she'll have apple, pumpkin, and brownies.:thup:

DSC_0082.jpg

What did you do to that poor pie?! :ack-1:

DSC_0082.jpg

What did you do to that poor pie?! :ack-1:

??? It made me want to go to the kitchen for a fork.

Forum List

Back