USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, Dalia, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Autumn on the Ohio River
amazing-colorful-autumn-scenery.jpg

WQ is a good cook, but he doesn't really do any baking. I stay out of the kitchen as much as possible, except for the clean up.:D We are hosting dinner on Wednesday for my Dad, and dessert will be pumpkin pecan pie with vanilla cinnamon swirl ice cream. When we go to my Mom's on Thursday, she'll have apple, pumpkin, and brownies.:thup:

DSC_0082.jpg

What did you do to that poor pie?! :ack-1:

??? It made me want to go to the kitchen for a fork.

Hell with the fork... Two tablespoons... one for each paw...

s-l1000.jpg

Thanksgiving dinner idea - Two cans of Potted Meat and a pack of crackers. Wash it down with a grape soda.

Had a couple of minutes to burn here and was just surfing through the stuff of the day on the internet and ran across this:

I ate a $76,000 Thanksgiving dinner—but there was one thing missing

104839872-264A0175_2.600x400.jpg

I will never ever have the kind of money that would make such an experience possible. And I am asking myself, if I DID have the money and wouldn't miss it, would I spend that much to enjoy an extra special decadent Thanksgiving meal?

I honestly can't image that I would be that curious????

Give me a little turkey, dry stuffing, and a whole bunch of pumpkin pie, and I'm set for Thanksgiving dinner. Why would I want a bunch of odd food I'll probably hate anyway? :lol:

What, no potatoes and gravy, no cranberry sauce, no corn souffle?

Nope. :) I am fine with potatoes, but not with gravy. No to cranberry sauce, no to souffle. Just plain corn is fine, though. ;)

The important thing to take from my post, though, is that pumpkin pie is far and away the most vital part of any Thanksgiving meal. :lol:

I think my Aunt Betty would agree with you on this. She enjoys all the meals she has at our house, but she loves, loves, loves pumpkin pie. Me? I can take it or leave it and given a choice would choose the pecan and I would choose a fruit pie over either. But we are all different so there is a wide variety of pies to choose to have for Thanksgiving dinner. :)

WQ is a good cook, but he doesn't really do any baking. I stay out of the kitchen as much as possible, except for the clean up.:D We are hosting dinner on Wednesday for my Dad, and dessert will be pumpkin pecan pie with vanilla cinnamon swirl ice cream. When we go to my Mom's on Thursday, she'll have apple, pumpkin, and brownies.:thup:

DSC_0082.jpg

What did you do to that poor pie?! :ack-1:

??? It made me want to go to the kitchen for a fork.

Hell with the fork... Two tablespoons... one for each paw...

s-l1000.jpg

You two can have it. I don't eat nuts. :p

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, Dalia, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Autumn on the Ohio River

Could you put me on the prayer list for work problems two girls are always trying to cause me. I need a resolve here, hoping for peace.

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

Autumn on the Ohio River

Could you put me on the prayer list for work problems two girls are always trying to cause me. I need a resolve here, hoping for peace.

Consider it done.

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

Autumn on the Ohio River

Consider it done.

Thank you. :smiliehug:

it's really stressing me out, I feel depressed. I was so excited about finishing school and working and thesetwo girls keep sabotaging my work and trying to trump me up instead of helping me learn. I feel terrible.

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

Autumn on the Ohio River

Nothing more miserable. I had one job that was positively my dream job. Loved the people I worked with and would have done it for nothing if I hadn't needed the money. . .except for one woman who made it so difficult and unpleasant.

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

Autumn on the Ohio River

Nothing more miserable. I had one job that was positively my dream job. Loved the people I worked with and would have done it for nothing if I hadn't needed the money. . .except for one woman who made it so difficult and unpleasant.

This is a JOB where I truly can help people, but this one girl and her friend are determined to make me miserable. I never show it at work though. I just do my job. But every week there's some new thing. Now I will go to work early or stay an hour later just to make sure none of my cases got screwed with and my other paperwork is done. But it's stressful because I wanted to feel at ease and the environement is tense.

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

Autumn on the Ohio River

Consider it done.

it's really stressing me out, I feel depressed. I was so excited about finishing school and working and thesetwo girls keep sabotaging my work and trying to trump me up instead of helping me learn. I feel terrible.

I hear that. My stomach still knots up when I think of some difficult situations at work for which there was no real solution available.

If there is no real solution that wouldn't make as much problem for you as it would solve a problem, sometimes all you can do is look for another position. And then when you get it, you can render your resignation and be professional but honest with your boss or supervisor as to why you are leaving.

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,

Autumn on the Ohio River

Consider it done.

I hear that. My stomach still knots up when I think of some difficult situations at work for which there was no real solution available.

If there is no real solution that wouldn't make as much problem for you as it would solve a problem, sometimes all you can do is look for another position. And then when you get it, you can render your resignation and be professional but honest with your boss or supervisor as to why you are leaving.

It just breaks my heart to have to leave since its exactly the job I had wanted.But I want to pray and be led in the right direction. I just need support so thanks.

I think my Aunt Betty would agree with you on this. She enjoys all the meals she has at our house, but she loves, loves, loves pumpkin pie. Me? I can take it or leave it and given a choice would choose the pecan and I would choose a fruit pie over either. But we are all different so there is a wide variety of pies to choose to have for Thanksgiving dinner. :)

The only thing which is appropriate for Thanksgiving dinner is a turkey.

It just breaks my heart to have to leave since its exactly the job I had wanted.But I want to pray and be led in the right direction. I just need support so thanks.

God created supervisors for just such situations. The trick is to explain what is happening and how you adjusted by coming to work early or stay late to avoid issues. Any supervisor worth a hoot should want to keep the hard worker who seeks to resolve issues without confrontation. That said it took me five and a half months of praying to find the postal job. I ask for the job God wanted, so I didn't throw myself into the wrong job.

I'll throw in one of these for good measure. :smiliehug:

Also, I have been told I can be very intimidating in just what seems to be a casual conversation, so if they would like to be chatty with me. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back