USMB Coffee Shop IV

It is strange though. The high desert is so different from other deserts. There is a mystery and a mystique to it and when you stand out away from civilization in it, you don't feel alone or feel desolation. Or at least I don't.
Oh, I agree. Hence, my second choice of habitat. I loved Lake Roberts, and the Continental Divide area. I could so make a home up at those Hopi cliff dwellings!

Silver City, NM

wnmu_orig.jpg

I'm afraid NM would not suit me at all. Yes, it has quaint adobe homes and downtown district that look cute...but I just loathe desert. Hate it. Which is why I never moved to Sedona although it was pretty...in some spot. Maybe in a previous life I was in a tropical climate because that is my cuppa tea. Tropical. Huge ferns and leaves and trees an ocean nearby. Like Maui. Or Kauai. Or Bora Bora. TROPICAL. Dat's me.

You would be surprised. The high desert isn't much like other deserts. When you stand in it and look across the terrain there is green, sometimes it can look quite lush. It is only when you look down at your feet and see more ground than growing things that you know you are in the desert. And there are all four seasons without much of the seasonal extremes that other places have.

I think from what I have come to know of you here, you would adapt and might even come to love it.

It is a loooooong way to any ocean though.

IMG_0365.jpg
ba37e41249b20cf6ce68cc16e3257cd6.jpg

cct-wildflower-0212-21.jpg

I'm afraid NM would not suit me at all. Yes, it has quaint adobe homes and downtown district that look cute...but I just loathe desert. Hate it. Which is why I never moved to Sedona although it was pretty...in some spot. Maybe in a previous life I was in a tropical climate because that is my cuppa tea. Tropical. Huge ferns and leaves and trees an ocean nearby. Like Maui. Or Kauai. Or Bora Bora. TROPICAL. Dat's me.
Eagle Nest, NM

eagles-nest-lake-nm_2.jpg

Angel Fire, NM

angel-fire.jpg

Two of my favorite places in the world. Not high desert though. You're into the alpine zones in both areas. :)

Eagle Nest, NM

eagles-nest-lake-nm_2.jpg

Angel Fire, NM

angel-fire.jpg

Two of my favorite places in the world. Not high desert though. You're into the alpine zones in both areas. :)
New Mexico has 6 of the 7 life zones known in the world, the geography runs from high mountains, high plains (plus inter-mountain Plateaus) and high desert. :thup:

I worked on a memorial garden at a church earlier in the Fall. They asked me to bid on another project and I have been working on that one after winning the bid. Hopefully I can get everyone finished before I start work at the post office. I'd like to concentrate on just that for a couple of weeks until I get the hang of it.

I so wish I could have you to design and supervise the retaining wall and some additional landscaping we need in the back yard. But I haven't figured out yet how we will afford just the material and labor, much less the airfare, expenses, and fee to import you from Michigan. :)

I did fly to Denver and build a backyard fence a few years ago. Not out of the question, but it might have worked best over the past summer when I was out of work.

This one is MUCH better. A lot more information about your sign if you click on the link. Some of it seems accurate to a scary degree. What do you guys think? Do you think any of it is accurate in describing you? Must be a personality profiling type of thing because I can't figure out why that would be accurate at all.

The problem with definitive descriptions like these is that if we like the description, we can fit ourselves into it, and if we don't, we can believe we don't fit it. :) Reading the description of Libra, however, I didn't strongly identify with a lot of it personally. But I am not a Libra though I am within 3 days of being one :)

You said you were a Virgo? Here is yours.

Element: Earth

Quality: Mutable

Color: Grey, Beige, Pale-Yellow

Day: Wednesday

Ruler: Mercury

Greatest Overall Compatibility: Pisces, Cancer

Lucky Numbers: 5, 14, 15, 23, 32

Date range: August 23 – September 22

virgo.jpg

VIRGO TRAITS

Strengths: Loyal, analytical, kind, hardworking, practical

Weaknesses: Shyness, worry, overly critical of self and others, all work and no play

Virgo likes: Animals, healthy food, books, nature, cleanliness

Virgo dislikes: Rudeness, asking for help, taking center stage

Virgos are always paying attention to the smallest details and their deep sense of humanity makes them one of the most careful signs of the zodiac. Their methodical approach to life ensures that nothing is left to chance, and although they are often tender, their heart might be closed for the outer world. This is a sign often misunderstood, not because they lack the ability to express, but because they won’t accept their feelings as valid, true, or even relevant when opposed to reason. The symbolism behind the name speaks well of their nature, born with a feeling they are experiencing everything for the first time.

Virgo is an Earth sign, fitting perfectly between Taurus and Capricorn. This will lead to a strong character, but one that prefers conservative, well-organized things and a lot of practicality in their everyday life. These individuals have an organized life, and even when they let go to chaos, their goals and dreams still have strictly defined borders in their mind. Constantly worried that they missed a detail that will be impossible to fix, they can get stuck in details, becoming overly critical and concerned about matters that nobody else seems to care much about.

Since Mercury is the ruling planet of this sign, its representatives have a well-developed sense of speech and writing, as well as all other forms of communication. Many Virgos may choose to pursue a career as writers, journalists, and typists, but their need to serve others makes them feel good as caregivers, on a clear mission to help.

Virgo – the Disappointed Goddess Seeking goodness in humankind is the story of Virgo, and disappointment seems to be inevitable from their point of view. The first time they came from their cloud and jumped onto planet Earth, it felt like their mission is to use their existence for good, discovering ways of justice and purity in other people. Once they fail to find it too many times, Virgos will pull away, get lost, turn to substance abuse, or simply separate from other people to sit on the bench, criticize and judge.
What's it say about Pisces?

Here is Pisces. You have great colors!

PISCES ZODIAC SIGN PISCES HOROSCOPE

Element: Water

Quality: Mutable

Color: Mauve, Lilac, Purple, Violet, Sea green

Day: Thursday

Ruler: Neptune, Jupiter

Greatest Overall Compatibility: Virgo, Taurus

Lucky Numbers: 3, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24

Date range: February 19 - March 20

pisces.jpg

PISCES TRAITS

Strengths: Compassionate, artistic, intuitive, gentle, wise, musical

Weaknesses: Fearful, overly trusting, sad, desire to escape reality, can be a victim or a martyr

Pisces likes: Being alone, sleeping, music, romance, visual media, swimming, spiritual themes

Pisces dislikes: Know-it-all, being criticized, the past coming back to haunt, cruelty of any kind

Pisces are very friendly, so they often find themselves in a company of very different people. Pisces are selfless, they are always willing to help others, without hoping to get anything back.

Pisces is a Water sign and as such this zodiac sign is characterized by empathy and expressed emotional capacity.

Their ruling planet is Neptune, so Pisces are more intuitive than others and have an artistic talent. Neptune is connected to music, so Pisces reveal music preferences in the earliest stages of life. They are generous, compassionate and extremely faithful and caring.

People born under the Pisces sign have an intuitive understanding of the life cycle and thus achieve the best emotional relationship with other beings.

Pisces-born are known by their wisdom, but under the influence of Uranus, Pisces sometimes can take the role of a martyr, in order to catch the attention. Pisces are never judgmental and always forgiving. They are also known to be most tolerant of all the zodiac signs.

Just need greenery, I do. Desolation of desert just depresses me. Maybe in my previous life I died of thirst or got stung by scorpions or bit by rattle snakes in some desert, lol.
Same here, although I used to love going to Death Valley. Like being on another planet. Always in the month of May when the spring flowers burst forth and the searing hot of summer months would be coming soon.

I love the ocean and the Coast Range and marine climate. I love the motion of the ocean. ;) I love the winding narrow two-lane highway for 364 miles. Heaven. Rarely ever too hot or too cold. The mist laying sensually between the trees of the mature forest. Ocean on one side and forests on the other. Movement everywhere. Wow! The Oregon Coast is inspirational, to say the least. That is why so many artists are here.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, Dalia, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Every autumn those in the New Mexico high country, ready their cameras for those magical few days that the aspens are in their peak glory and entire mountainsides turn a brilliant gold. The dark areas are stands of our native ponderosa pine.
mountain-scenery-with-streams-valleys-and-colorful-trees-along-a-train-hb8xp9.jpg
CO-25.jpg
4984a6f7d1481aafa1499f9325cf51df.jpg

Just need greenery, I do. Desolation of desert just depresses me. Maybe in my previous life I died of thirst or got stung by scorpions or bit by rattle snakes in some desert, lol.
Same here, although I used to love going to Death Valley. Like being on another planet. Always in the month of May when the spring flowers burst forth and the searing hot of summer months would be coming soon.

I love the ocean and the Coast Range and marine climate. I love the motion of the ocean. ;) I love the winding narrow two-lane highway for 364 miles. Heaven. Rarely ever too hot or too cold. The mist laying sensually between the trees of the mature forest. Ocean on one side and forests on the other. Movement everywhere. Wow! The Oregon Coast is inspirational, to say the least. That is why so many artists are here.

And on my way to bed, I will have to say that as much as I love the high desert and hope to live out my days here, I also love the ocean. There something so soothing and mesmerizing just being on a deserted bit of beach watching the waves roll in. Especially if they are ahead of an approaching distant storm.

Sbiker

Well I went and found a different site for Libra. I figured it would only take a minute. Here is a much better description of yours. :)

Element: Air

Quality: Cardinal

Color: Pink, Green

Day: Friday

Ruler: Venus

Greatest Overall Compatibility: Aries, Sagittarius

Lucky Numbers: 4, 6, 13, 15, 24

Date range: September 23 - October 22

libra.jpg

LIBRA TRAITS

Strengths: Cooperative,diplomatic, gracious, fair-minded, social

Weaknesses: Indecisive, avoids confrontations, will carry a grudge, self-pity

Libra likes: Harmony, gentleness, sharing with others, the outdoors

Libra dislikes: Violence, injustice, loudmouths, conformity

People born under the sign of Libra are peaceful, fair, and they hate being alone. Partnership is very important for them, as their mirror and someone giving them the ability to be the mirror themselves. These individuals are fascinated by balance and symmetry, they are in a constant chase for justice and equality, realizing through life that the only thing that should be truly important to themselves in their own inner core of personality. This is someone ready to do nearly anything to avoid conflict, keeping the peace whenever possible

The sign of Libra is an Air sign, set between Gemini and Aquarius, giving these individuals constant mental stimuli, strong intellect and a keen mind. They will be inspired by good books, insurmountable discussions and people who have a lot to say. Each Libra representative has to be careful when talking to other people, for when they are forced to decide about something that is coming their way, or to choose sides, they suddenly realize that they might be in the wrong place and surrounded by wrong people. No partner should make them forget that they have their own opinion.

Planet ruling the sign of Libra is Venus, making these people great lovers but also fond of expensive, material things. Their lives need to be enriched by music, art, and beautiful places they get a chance to visit.

Libra – The Measure of Our Souls The shortest myth of them all seems to present a good analogy to the shortest constellation in the sky, you might even say that it is non-existent, presented by the pliers of Scorpio. Libra is one dot of balance in the sea of different extremes, manifested only through the fifteenth degree of this magnificent sign, an object among animals and people. There is something awfully insecure about Libra, as if they were unsure which plate to burden next, aware that things pass and teach us to be careful around other people. Whatever we do in our lifetimes, only serves to point the way for our Souls towards that “higher power” to finally measure our existence. Telling us where we went wrong or what we did right, Libras unconsciously teach us that true liberation hides in lightness.

Libra Horoscope: Zodiac Sign Dates Compatibility, Traits and Characteristics

When I'll end my career, I'll become an astrologists and write own Horoscopes for all Zodiac signs. I'm interesting at astrology for many years, and not only "Sun-based" astrology - full horoscope of each people usually constructed from positions of all planets in zodiak signs (Moon, Mercury, Venus etc. till the Pluton plus a pair of fictional celestial objects, like "Vulkan" or "Prozerpina" :)). Adding a combinations of this planets and how high they all were above the horizon at place and time of birth....

Traditional "Sun" signs could tell a lot about every people. But almost all astrologists usually use (and reuse) info-mix, including both true info and stereotypes... So, watching for people and associating them with Zodiak sign is really good entertainment for a many years :)

For example, I want to see, who could force VVP "to forget that they have their own opinion." :)))))))

Here is mine under this other site that I linked to above.

Element: Fire

Quality: Fixed

Color: Gold, Yellow, Orange

Day: Sunday

Ruler: Sun

Greatest Overall Compatibility: Aquarius, Gemini

Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 10, 19

Date range: July 23 - August 22

leo.jpg

LEO TRAITS

Strengths: Creative, passionate, generous, warm-hearted, cheerful, humorous

Weaknesses: Arrogant, stubborn, self-centered, lazy, inflexible

Leo likes: Theater, taking holidays, being admired, expensive things, bright colors, fun with friends

Leo dislikes: Being ignored, facing difficult reality, not being treated like a king or queen

People born under the sign of Leo are natural born leaders. They are dramatic, creative, self-confident, dominant and extremely difficult to resist, able to achieve anything they want to in any area of life they commit to. There is a specific strength to a Leo and their "king of the jungle" status. Leo often has many friends for they are generous and loyal. Self-confident and attractive, this is a Sun sign capable of uniting different groups of people and leading them as one towards a shared cause, and their healthy sense of humor makes collaboration with other people even easier.

Leo belongs to the element of Fire, just like Aries and Sagittarius. This makes them warmhearted, in love with life, trying to laugh and have a good time. Able to use their mind to solve even the most difficult problems, they will easily take initiative in resolving various complicated situations. Ruled by the Sun, Leo worships this fiery entity in the sky, quite literally as well as metaphorically. They are in search for self-awareness and in constant growth of ego. Aware of their desires and personality, they can easily ask for everything they need, but could just as easily unconsciously neglect the needs of other people in their chase for personal gain or status. When a Leo representative becomes too fond and attached to their achievements and the way other people see them, they become an easy target, ready to be taken down.

Leo - the Lion in the Cave The story of the Lion always speaks of bravery. This is an animal fearless and impossible to challenge, hurt or destroy, their only weaknesses being fear and aggression towards those they confront. Living in a cave, a Lion always needs to have one, nesting and finding comfort in hard times. However, they should never stay there for long. With their head high, they have to face others with dignity and respect, never raising a voice, a hand, or a weapon, bravely walking through the forest they rule.

:) Cannot imagine Leo as typical "King" or "Queen"... An Artist. An Actor. A Star - but not a Schemer or Ruler... :)

My children were born 3 years apart but are both right on the cusp between Sagittarius and Capricorn. We have long joked that that is why they don't fit into any profile. :)

My son is a Capricorn. While some of it accurately describes him, he is a lot more loving and caring than the horoscope describes his sign. Lol.

That's because you're his relative, lol :) All Capricorns love their relatives really much.

My children were born 3 years apart but are both right on the cusp between Sagittarius and Capricorn. We have long joked that that is why they don't fit into any profile. :)

I was born on the cusp of Cancer and Gemini and I exactly fit that profile.

A flighty mind on top of an emotional undercurrent.

I get all my stuff on astrology from the Booklet by the late medium Ursula Roberts.(hints for harmony of body and soul) I have looked for it on the internet but it is only for sale. and it is copyrighted. So I had better not type it all into the forum.

If we would be a pirates, I think, we could easily find it at torrents :)

Good morning FF. Interestingly, I have infrequently received the ENFJ along with INTJ results but just barely as the F and the T were about 1% apart. Over the years I consistently receive the INTJ results with an occasional ENTJ. This personality type scoring is still considered with many corporations along with other tests for determining placement best suitable for an applicant responding to a job opportunity. I find it quite accurate, myself, Fun, at the very least. ;)

Personality test based on Jung and Briggs Myers typology

Also, the good news I received yesterday was of a close relative coming out of ICU after eleven long days. :eusa_pray:

I usually pretty consistently test as ENT/FJ and that has served me well as both a manager and as a facilitator/teacher. I took a pretty intensive training of the Kiersey Bates concept of temperament typing along with some Myers Briggs. Having applied both--and they share a lot in common of course both based on Jungian philosophy--I have come to appreciate and prefer the Kiersey Bates approach. I have been paid to teach the core concepts from time to time and of course have volunteered to do that at church or other organizations I belonged to.

If you aren't familiar with the Kiersey Bates concept I recommend their little book Please Understand Me. ($12.99 at Amazon I think). An easy read and really explains it without a lot of psychobabble.

The hardest part about testing people is to convince them there are no right or wrong answers on the quick temperament test at the front of the book and to check the answer they know themselves to be rather than the one they think they should be.

For the uninitiated there are eight components to temperament typing that makes up a great deal of our decision making, response to things, and process of organizing and approaching tasks and problems.

E - Extravert
I - Introvert
N - Intuitive
S - Sensing
T - Thinking
F - Feeling
J - Judging
P - Perceiving

I'm an ISTP profile - "Virtuoso" :) They want me to work in teams as Software Maker, but don't like my Introvert character, so last time I use to think about hacker career, lol :)

Ah you and Montrovant tested with the same profile. See the post describing ISTP at #51062.

I don't know why a software maker would benefit from being extraverted???? Introverts can and often do work well on teams except that if they generally are more cautious and process more information before making a decision which I would consider to be a good thing. The extravert tends to process information quickly and come to a quick decision/opinion that is then adjusted and changed as new information becomes available.

At times the introvert feels like he/she is being pushed/pressured by the extravert while the extravert can feel the introvert is dragging his/her feet and/or not getting into the spirit of things. But I would rather prefer an introvert make my software. :)

As I see, he's ISTJ, for the Sensing profiles it's important, when they make decisions... ISTJ - an administrator or army officer... ISTP - an adventurer or direct sales :)

They want soft makers to be extraverted because it more easy to manage. Especially when they don't able to decompose project on isolated tasks and prefer to keep mass discussion to let all to know about all parts of project. I don't think, introverts work slower than extraverts (especially if you think, how much time extraverts spend to talk :)))), but they're less able to be managed at short time periods. If the managers could plan project at least for week, not only for single day - he don't have a troubles with introverts :)))

"You could know a lot about introvert by his handwriting style, bearing, favourite movie... As for extravert - all about him would tell his damned non-stop talking mouth :) "
I love your last observation, and I agree. Extroverts kind of never shut up, do they?

It was just a joke, but close to "not-so-joke" :)

My son is a Capricorn. While some of it accurately describes him, he is a lot more loving and caring than the horoscope describes his sign. Lol.

That's because you're his relative, lol :) All Capricorns love their relatives really much.

That profile really doesn't fit his personality at all. He is hardly ever serious, for one thing. He loves to joke around and laugh. He has a lot of friends and people tend to really like him. That horoscope makes it sound as if he is a real jerk, and that is definitely not the case. I mean, they didn't really have many positive things to say about Capricorn.

That profile really doesn't fit his personality at all. He is hardly ever serious, for one thing. He loves to joke around and laugh. He has a lot of friends and people tend to really like him. That horoscope makes it sound as if he is a real jerk, and that is definitely not the case. I mean, they didn't really have many positive things to say about Capricorn.

Yeah, I suppose, all horoscopes had written by someone, who didn't like Capricorns, Libras etc., and all other astrologists just copied it with variations :)

Forum List

Back