USMB Coffee Shop IV

TAURUS first degree of earth: Life lesson, service to others
VIRGO second degree of earth: life lesson, Creativeness and order.
CAPRICORN third degree of earth; life lesson, Service to others
CANCER first degree of water: Life lesson, Peace
SCORPIO second degree of water: life lesson, Peace and orderliness
PISCES third degree of water: life lesson, Peace
GEMINI first degree of air: life lesson, Unity
LIBRA second degree of air: life lesson, Unity and balance
AQUARIUS third degree of air: life lesson, Unity
ARIES first degree of fire: life lesson, Love
LEO second degree of fire: life lesson, Universal love
SAGITTARIUS third degree of fire: life lesson, Universal love

And at times it all gets rather bizarre. For instance Hombre is an Aries and I am a Virgo. I ran across one site that explained our relationship thus:

Aries male, Virgo female:

At first glance, this couple have little in common. The bold and go-getting Aries man wouldn’t be interested, we assume, in the meek and mild Virgo woman. She in turn, devoted and loyal, would be much too easily hurt by the aggressive and self-centered Aries man. It’s true that this relationship does need a lot of work by both parties, but Aries man Virgo woman compatibility can work if both partners are willing to adapt.
Aries Man and Virgo Woman ⋆ Astromatcha

Now admittedly for all the decades we have been married, we have had to do a LOT of adapting. But 'meek and mild' Virgo woman? I am an ENTJ after all which is the antithesis of 'meek and mild'. He is an ISFJ pretty much the polar opposite of me in temperament and that describes him perfectly. But it has and does work. He is my best friend even though there are days I could cheerfully strangle him. (I would do it thoughtfully and with kindness of course.)

peach174 is also a Virgo and I don't think any of us see her as 'meek and mild.' :)

Yeah, they describe the Virgo as being shy on the one I posted. I don't see you as being shy or meek, maybe "mild" mannered though. :D

Thank you. My temperament type is supposed to make diplomacy a suitable occupation for me but I don't see myself as so mild mannered. I was raised to value courtesy and consideration for others, but I am not easily intimidated or pushed around. And I do react passionately to things though I have learned the discipline to control that at least some of the time. But you ought to see all the posts I have typed out in anger or passion and then deleted as they would not have been useful to the discussion. :)

And at times it all gets rather bizarre. For instance Hombre is an Aries and I am a Virgo. I ran across one site that explained our relationship thus:

At first glance, this couple have little in common. The bold and go-getting Aries man wouldn’t be interested, we assume, in the meek and mild Virgo woman. She in turn, devoted and loyal, would be much too easily hurt by the aggressive and self-centered Aries man. It’s true that this relationship does need a lot of work by both parties, but Aries man Virgo woman compatibility can work if both partners are willing to adapt.

Now admittedly for all the decades we have been married, we have had to do a LOT of adapting. But 'meek and mild' Virgo woman? I am an ENTJ after all which is the antithesis of 'meek and mild'. He is an ISFJ pretty much the polar opposite of me in temperament and that describes him perfectly. But it has and does work. He is my best friend even though there are days I could cheerfully strangle him. (I would do it thoughtfully and with kindness of course.)

peach174 is also a Virgo and I don't think any of us see her as 'meek and mild.' :)

Yeah, they describe the Virgo as being shy on the one I posted. I don't see you as being shy or meek, maybe "mild" mannered though. :D

Thank you. My temperament type is supposed to make diplomacy a suitable occupation for me but I don't see myself as so mild mannered. I am not easily intimidated or pushed around. And I do react passionately to things though I have learned the discipline to control that. But you ought to see all the posts I have typed out in anger or passion and then deleted as they would not have been useful to the discussion. :)

I would never have known that! You??? You seem to be calm most of the time and have a lot of patience with others, unlike myself. :D

Thank you. My temperament type is supposed to make diplomacy a suitable occupation for me but I don't see myself as so mild mannered. I am not easily intimidated or pushed around. And I do react passionately to things though I have learned the discipline to control that. But you ought to see all the posts I have typed out in anger or passion and then deleted as they would not have been useful to the discussion. :)

I would never have known that! You??? You seem to be calm most of the time and have a lot of patience with others, unlike myself. :D

Well I have some miles on me that you still have to travel and maybe that gives us some perspective that we don't have when we are younger? I have infinite patience when dealing with people are are genuinely trying to get along, trying to learn, trying to perfect something, trying to accomplish something, or who can make a civil and coherent argument for a point of view that I don't share. I have almost no patience with people who get inappropriately angry, hateful, insulting, or arrogant, rude, dishonest, condescending, or overly aggressive and generally often react probably let's say unconstructively in such situations.

Last edited:

Well I have some miles on me that you still have to travel and maybe that gives us some perspective that we don't have when we are younger? I have infinite patience when dealing with people are are genuinely trying to get along, trying to learn, trying to perfect something, trying to accomplish something, or who can make a civil and coherent argument for a point of view that I don't share. I have almost no patience with people who get inappropriately angry, hateful, insulting, or arrogant and generally react probably let's say unconstructively in such situations..

For me, it all depends on what the argument is about. There are some things that I feel very passionately about and will fight to the death for! :lol: There are also some people who I would actually rather not have reply to me and wouldn't mind being ignored by them one bit! I get angry and heated and yes, I will insult others, but that is after having argued with them and figured out that they are dishonest and arguing from a dishonest perspective. Some people don't deserve respect, IMO.

Well I have some miles on me that you still have to travel and maybe that gives us some perspective that we don't have when we are younger? I have infinite patience when dealing with people are are genuinely trying to get along, trying to learn, trying to perfect something, trying to accomplish something, or who can make a civil and coherent argument for a point of view that I don't share. I have almost no patience with people who get inappropriately angry, hateful, insulting, or arrogant and generally react probably let's say unconstructively in such situations..

For me, it all depends on what the argument is about. There are some things that I feel very passionately about and will fight to the death for! :lol: There are also some people who I would actually rather not have reply to me and wouldn't mind being ignored by them one bit! I get angry and heated and yes, I will insult others, but that is after having argued with them and figured out that they are dishonest and arguing from a dishonest perspective. Some people don't deserve respect, IMO.

That is true. Very very true. On the other hand, I long ago made a conscious effort to avoid contributing to stuff like that and therefore prefer to wish folks a pleasant day and move on. Something about not arguing with idiots, feeding trolls, or engaging in exercises of futility.

I stick to my guns on that maybe oh 85% of the time? :)

That is true. Very very true. On the other hand, I long ago made a conscious effort to avoid contributing to stuff like that and therefore prefer to wish folks a pleasant day and move on. Something about not arguing with idiots, feeding trolls, or engaging in exercises of futility.

Because you have patience. I wish I had some patience. I tell my son that I have no patience because I used it all up on him! :lol:

Because you have patience. I wish I had some patience. I tell my son that I have no patience because I used it all up on him! :lol:

In another 20 years or so you will have a lot more patience than you do now and that I did at your age. :)

:desk:

I got a call this morning, I was selected to work at the local post office. A drug test and some paperwork, then off to training in Detroit. No UPS elf for me this year. :(

Huge relief that the job search is done and I can concentrate on leaning a new job, getting ready for the holidays and normal life.

2380738-1462597759167-congrats_cat.jpg

I'm leaving him on the list until he completes the orientation and training and loves it though. Keep those prayers, positive vibes, good thoughts directed that way folks. Seems to be working. :)

The paperwork is slow in coming. :( Could be post Thanksgiving? I can see how they don't want to pay a noobie Holiday pay the first workweek.

I worked on a memorial garden at a church earlier in the Fall. They asked me to bid on another project and I have been working on that one after winning the bid. Hopefully I can get everyone finished before I start work at the post office. I'd like to concentrate on just that for a couple of weeks until I get the hang of it.

I worked on a memorial garden at a church earlier in the Fall. They asked me to bid on another project and I have been working on that one after winning the bid. Hopefully I can get everyone finished before I start work at the post office. I'd like to concentrate on just that for a couple of weeks until I get the hang of it.

I so wish I could have you to design and supervise the retaining wall and some additional landscaping we need in the back yard. But I haven't figured out yet how we will afford just the material and labor, much less the airfare, expenses, and fee to import you from Michigan. :)

Mr. P went to his reg. Doc today and I have to wrap his leg up with ace bandages, every morning and take it off at night,till he sees him again on Dec. 6 th.
He has a pressure stocking for his right leg, then the aces bandages on his left.
His Doc. says depending on how it looks and is doing then he might send him to a vain specialist for a vein scan.
Doc thinks it might be complications in the healing process plus his MS flare up.
It could also be a small vein blockage.
Well see in a couple of weeks.

I've lived in suburbs almost all of my life and still have never owned a car. :p

In this cast, how do you reach the civilization??? How do you visit malls to buy a cheap products? :)

I don't even remember the last time I wasn't at a mall. :D If I want to buy something, I buy it online and have it delivered.

The suburbs is enough civilization for me. I don't much like big cities. The public transportation would be nice, though.

I considered the same, while the period, I'd living some months in a center of city. When you could reach a lot of needed objects by foots - it's very comfortable, it's real another style of life, instead of living somewhere at city edge...
In other case, living somewhere with clean air and low level of noise is comfortable too, offcourse.. Especially with a good Internet :)
and I've moved almost as far as I can from any city that still has a road going ther!

To live somewhere with directions instead road is excellent, but how could you solve the "problem of last mile". For example, after serious snowfall? :)
Either I get out the snowblower and clear it myself, or I make a phone call and a friend of mine comes out with his plow truck. If I have to, I park the car and hike in to the cabin. That reminds me, I need to put the snowshoes in the back of the car...

In this cast, how do you reach the civilization??? How do you visit malls to buy a cheap products? :)

I don't even remember the last time I wasn't at a mall. :D If I want to buy something, I buy it online and have it delivered.

The suburbs is enough civilization for me. I don't much like big cities. The public transportation would be nice, though.

I considered the same, while the period, I'd living some months in a center of city. When you could reach a lot of needed objects by foots - it's very comfortable, it's real another style of life, instead of living somewhere at city edge...
In other case, living somewhere with clean air and low level of noise is comfortable too, offcourse.. Especially with a good Internet :)
and I've moved almost as far as I can from any city that still has a road going ther!

To live somewhere with directions instead road is excellent, but how could you solve the "problem of last mile". For example, after serious snowfall? :)

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that. In our city which really is classified as a big city in the USA but would be a small town compared to yours, we do provide directions such as from the intersection of Wyoming and Academy, proceed west (away from the mountain) on Academy 1.1 miles. Turn right (north) on. . . .

So I would imagine Gallantwarrior would give directions such as take Hwy whatever north from Anchorage however many miles, turn left at whatever and proceed however many miles. Some such as that.

Distances are usually in miles or fractions of miles and described in minutes. Coronado mall is 20 minutes from here or whatever. . .
Exactly how it's done. Either using mileage from point to point, or referencing the mile markers along the road, like: at mile marker 11.5, look for Rudy Road, turn right and drive 3.3 miles, driveway on the left, big, gray house, barn in the back.

I usually pretty consistently test as ENT/FJ and that has served me well as both a manager and as a facilitator/teacher. I took a pretty intensive training of the Kiersey Bates concept of temperament typing along with some Myers Briggs. Having applied both--and they share a lot in common of course both based on Jungian philosophy--I have come to appreciate and prefer the Kiersey Bates approach. I have been paid to teach the core concepts from time to time and of course have volunteered to do that at church or other organizations I belonged to.

If you aren't familiar with the Kiersey Bates concept I recommend their little book Please Understand Me. ($12.99 at Amazon I think). An easy read and really explains it without a lot of psychobabble.

The hardest part about testing people is to convince them there are no right or wrong answers on the quick temperament test at the front of the book and to check the answer they know themselves to be rather than the one they think they should be.

For the uninitiated there are eight components to temperament typing that makes up a great deal of our decision making, response to things, and process of organizing and approaching tasks and problems.

E - Extravert
I - Introvert
N - Intuitive
S - Sensing
T - Thinking
F - Feeling
J - Judging
P - Perceiving

INTJ here
Same here!
I've often had to tell people that because I am often alone, I am not necessarily lonely. There's value in being comfortable in your own skin, I think.

I went to the grocery store this morning and half way with my shopping I had to use the bathroom.
So I'm standing there with my grocery basket waiting for the lady in there to come out.
I step in and turn around and here is this 6 ft. tall wanna-be Paris Hilton look alike glaring down at me, with a look on her face of utter disgust with a how dare I step in front of her look.

I'm ready to use the door on her face if she tried ,look on my face. :)
She sees that I'm serious.
Then she abruptly turned on the balls of her feet and she mumbles well.
Then walks back to her friend and continues the conversation talking to her friend and says, we don't celebrate thanksgiving it's too religious and racist.

WHAT?

Ah well. We celebrate Thanksgiving because we are thankful for how far we have come from where started and for all that we have. Of course the part where I get to show off my culinary skills and we get to enjoy the most decadent meal of the year is sort of in there too. :)

I have never met such a rude self absorbed person like that in my life.

Because she was so much bigger than me she actually thought that she could just push me out of way without standing in line is almost beyond my comprehension
The big ones do fall harder, especially if they underestimate the determination of a small woman with an even smaller bladder!

There was a "homeless awareness day" in my town the other day, and I went by the field where they were camping out for the night. Yes, it was a frigid freezing night, a night where nobody would want to be homeless. I can't even imagine how terrible it would be to be a homeless person around here in the winter. I always wonder why they wouldn't hitchhike down south where at least you wouldn't die due to exposure to the cold weather. Anyways, I was thinking how phony is this little "homeless sit in?" These people had a big fire going and were wrapped up in warm blankets and had food, some luxuries the homeless do not have. I feel sorry for them when I think of them or anyone being stuck out in the cold with nowhere to go, but at the same time it seems as if throwing more money in their direction is not the answer to this problem. It seems to be perhaps more of a drug and/or mental health issue.
Sadly, institutionalizing the worst off of them is no longer an option. At least they'd have three hots, a cot, counseling, and some kind of medical care. We have a program in Anchorage called "Home First" which provides "free" housing for chronic inebriates (a significant portion of homeless). They are provided an adequate living place which has no specific requirements that they not drink. So, they have a warm, safe place to drink, get drunk, and entertain their fellow homeless inebriates.

But you are going to keep us guessing, yes? :) Just teasing. Wonderful news is wonderful news no matter what it is.

By the way, we are similar temperament types.

I am 1/2 ENTJ and 1/2 ENFJ :)
Good morning FF. Interestingly, I have infrequently received the ENFJ along with INTJ results but just barely as the F and the T were about 1% apart. Over the years I consistently receive the INTJ results with an occasional ENTJ. This personality type scoring is still considered with many corporations along with other tests for determining placement best suitable for an applicant responding to a job opportunity. I find it quite accurate, myself, Fun, at the very least. ;)

Personality test based on Jung and Briggs Myers typology

Also, the good news I received yesterday was of a close relative coming out of ICU after eleven long days. :eusa_pray:

I usually pretty consistently test as ENT/FJ and that has served me well as both a manager and as a facilitator/teacher. I took a pretty intensive training of the Kiersey Bates concept of temperament typing along with some Myers Briggs. Having applied both--and they share a lot in common of course both based on Jungian philosophy--I have come to appreciate and prefer the Kiersey Bates approach. I have been paid to teach the core concepts from time to time and of course have volunteered to do that at church or other organizations I belonged to.

If you aren't familiar with the Kiersey Bates concept I recommend their little book Please Understand Me. ($12.99 at Amazon I think). An easy read and really explains it without a lot of psychobabble.

The hardest part about testing people is to convince them there are no right or wrong answers on the quick temperament test at the front of the book and to check the answer they know themselves to be rather than the one they think they should be.

For the uninitiated there are eight components to temperament typing that makes up a great deal of our decision making, response to things, and process of organizing and approaching tasks and problems.

E - Extravert
I - Introvert
N - Intuitive
S - Sensing
T - Thinking
F - Feeling
J - Judging
P - Perceiving

I'm an ISTP profile - "Virtuoso" :) They want me to work in teams as Software Maker, but don't like my Introvert character, so last time I use to think about hacker career, lol :)

Ah you and Montrovant tested with the same profile. See the post describing ISTP at #51062.

I don't know why a software maker would benefit from being extraverted???? Introverts can and often do work well on teams except that if they generally are more cautious and process more information before making a decision which I would consider to be a good thing. The extravert tends to process information quickly and come to a quick decision/opinion that is then adjusted and changed as new information becomes available.

At times the introvert feels like he/she is being pushed/pressured by the extravert while the extravert can feel the introvert is dragging his/her feet and/or not getting into the spirit of things. But I would rather prefer an introvert make my software. :)

As I see, he's ISTJ, for the Sensing profiles it's important, when they make decisions... ISTJ - an administrator or army officer... ISTP - an adventurer or direct sales :)

They want soft makers to be extraverted because it more easy to manage. Especially when they don't able to decompose project on isolated tasks and prefer to keep mass discussion to let all to know about all parts of project. I don't think, introverts work slower than extraverts (especially if you think, how much time extraverts spend to talk :)))), but they're less able to be managed at short time periods. If the managers could plan project at least for week, not only for single day - he don't have a troubles with introverts :)))

"You could know a lot about introvert by his handwriting style, bearing, favourite movie... As for extravert - all about him would tell his damned non-stop talking mouth :) "
I love your last observation, and I agree. Extroverts kind of never shut up, do they?

Decided to take a road trip today west to El Malpais National Monument, stopped at the Sandstone Bluffs, a little windy and cool.
Took a bunch of pictures but they're currently too big to upload.
Ended up driving south to Pie Town, stopped at the Gathering Place and had a wonder small cherry pie split between the two of us then through Datil, the Very Large Array and Magdelena to Socorro then home just in time to hit rush hour traffic an all the construction.........

Forum List

Back