USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sbiker

Well I went and found a different site for Libra. I figured it would only take a minute. Here is a much better description of yours. :)

Element: Air

Quality: Cardinal

Color: Pink, Green

Day: Friday

Ruler: Venus

Greatest Overall Compatibility: Aries, Sagittarius

Lucky Numbers: 4, 6, 13, 15, 24

Date range: September 23 - October 22

libra.jpg

LIBRA TRAITS

Strengths: Cooperative,diplomatic, gracious, fair-minded, social

Weaknesses: Indecisive, avoids confrontations, will carry a grudge, self-pity

Libra likes: Harmony, gentleness, sharing with others, the outdoors

Libra dislikes: Violence, injustice, loudmouths, conformity

People born under the sign of Libra are peaceful, fair, and they hate being alone. Partnership is very important for them, as their mirror and someone giving them the ability to be the mirror themselves. These individuals are fascinated by balance and symmetry, they are in a constant chase for justice and equality, realizing through life that the only thing that should be truly important to themselves in their own inner core of personality. This is someone ready to do nearly anything to avoid conflict, keeping the peace whenever possible

The sign of Libra is an Air sign, set between Gemini and Aquarius, giving these individuals constant mental stimuli, strong intellect and a keen mind. They will be inspired by good books, insurmountable discussions and people who have a lot to say. Each Libra representative has to be careful when talking to other people, for when they are forced to decide about something that is coming their way, or to choose sides, they suddenly realize that they might be in the wrong place and surrounded by wrong people. No partner should make them forget that they have their own opinion.

Planet ruling the sign of Libra is Venus, making these people great lovers but also fond of expensive, material things. Their lives need to be enriched by music, art, and beautiful places they get a chance to visit.

Libra – The Measure of Our Souls The shortest myth of them all seems to present a good analogy to the shortest constellation in the sky, you might even say that it is non-existent, presented by the pliers of Scorpio. Libra is one dot of balance in the sea of different extremes, manifested only through the fifteenth degree of this magnificent sign, an object among animals and people. There is something awfully insecure about Libra, as if they were unsure which plate to burden next, aware that things pass and teach us to be careful around other people. Whatever we do in our lifetimes, only serves to point the way for our Souls towards that “higher power” to finally measure our existence. Telling us where we went wrong or what we did right, Libras unconsciously teach us that true liberation hides in lightness.

Libra Horoscope: Zodiac Sign Dates Compatibility, Traits and Characteristics

Here is mine under this other site that I linked to above.

Element: Fire

Quality: Fixed

Color: Gold, Yellow, Orange

Day: Sunday

Ruler: Sun

Greatest Overall Compatibility: Aquarius, Gemini

Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 10, 19

Date range: July 23 - August 22

leo.jpg

LEO TRAITS

Strengths: Creative, passionate, generous, warm-hearted, cheerful, humorous

Weaknesses: Arrogant, stubborn, self-centered, lazy, inflexible

Leo likes: Theater, taking holidays, being admired, expensive things, bright colors, fun with friends

Leo dislikes: Being ignored, facing difficult reality, not being treated like a king or queen

People born under the sign of Leo are natural born leaders. They are dramatic, creative, self-confident, dominant and extremely difficult to resist, able to achieve anything they want to in any area of life they commit to. There is a specific strength to a Leo and their "king of the jungle" status. Leo often has many friends for they are generous and loyal. Self-confident and attractive, this is a Sun sign capable of uniting different groups of people and leading them as one towards a shared cause, and their healthy sense of humor makes collaboration with other people even easier.

Leo belongs to the element of Fire, just like Aries and Sagittarius. This makes them warmhearted, in love with life, trying to laugh and have a good time. Able to use their mind to solve even the most difficult problems, they will easily take initiative in resolving various complicated situations. Ruled by the Sun, Leo worships this fiery entity in the sky, quite literally as well as metaphorically. They are in search for self-awareness and in constant growth of ego. Aware of their desires and personality, they can easily ask for everything they need, but could just as easily unconsciously neglect the needs of other people in their chase for personal gain or status. When a Leo representative becomes too fond and attached to their achievements and the way other people see them, they become an easy target, ready to be taken down.

Leo - the Lion in the Cave The story of the Lion always speaks of bravery. This is an animal fearless and impossible to challenge, hurt or destroy, their only weaknesses being fear and aggression towards those they confront. Living in a cave, a Lion always needs to have one, nesting and finding comfort in hard times. However, they should never stay there for long. With their head high, they have to face others with dignity and respect, never raising a voice, a hand, or a weapon, bravely walking through the forest they rule.

Once again Daisy the Mutt has disturbed a fine night's sleep with her whinning to go out. And once again I find myself awake during the weest of the wee small hours with something to write about.

Back in the early 1980s I was a freshly minted college graduate here in the upper Ohio River valley with no job and no prospect of one. The steel mills were closing up and down the valley. Everyone it seemed was moving away. And I followed. All the way to the sunny gulf coast of Florida and Sarasota county.

It was a pleasant enough place to live and work for an Engineering graduate was easy to find. The place was growing like a weed and new infrastructure was needed. I helped drain the swamps before that became a hackneyed campaign slogan.

But I knew deep down that Florida was not for me. There were actual southern people there. There were also a bunch of northern people seeking to become southern people. I was a northern guy who wished to remain a northern guy culturally if not literally.

I never served in the armed forces. But I can speculate on folks who enlist just for the benefits. Someone who needs the G.I. Bill to get through college. They never make the cultural conversion and become lifers, making a career out of military service. I never wanted to make the cultural conversion to become a southern guy by default.

One could tell who were southern guys and who were northern guys. Southern guys knew distinctions about fishing. Large mouth bass and the specialized tackle it takes to land a trophy fish, catfish and the techniques of trot line fishing (which we'll get into later as this tale unravels), deep sea fishing for marlin, swordfish and the exotic species unknown to land lubbers like me.

Southern guys were into NASCAR. Now, NASCAR. How does one become a fan of NASCAR? Did folks play NASCAR on the school playground? Are there Little League NASCAR teams to cultivate an early love of the game? Perhaps the University one attends is a big NASCAR school going to whatever the equivalent of Bowl games are in NASCAR.

Or does one chose a NASCAR hero based on the vehicle he drives? But then there has got to be more than one driver of a Ford or a Chevy. Maybe it's a devotion to the sponsor. "I just love DuPont Chemical so much, I just had to follow their driver!" Or Hormel Sugar Baked hams or Dawn Dishwashing liquid. You get the point. NASCAR was an aspect of living in the south that was baffling to me.

Northern guys, by contrast, owned no elaborate fishing gear or leather jackets festooned with commercial advertising. Nope! We owned impressive stereo systems and album collections stretching from floor to ceiling, wall to wall. Our televisions were bigger, our VHS movie collections were more extensive. We could quote Lou Reed and Jack Kerouac. We brought libraries with us. We were readers. We were used to being holed up inside for a few months every year while winter raged outside. Southern boys developed skin cancer while northern boys suffered Vitamin D deficiency.

Attempts were made to make me see the light and adopt the southern way of life as my own. Friends took me fishing. Deep sea fishing resulted in sea sickness. It's a long walk to the beach from Pittsburgh and bobbing around in open water is a foreign experience. Bass fishing was fun, but unproductive. I guess there's a difference between 'fishing' and 'catching'. Then there was trot line fishing (I told you there would be more on this subject).

Trot line fishing goes for catfish as its query. The technique is simplicity itself. A list of the equipment follows; a canoe, a length of heavy cotton twine, several fishing leaders, a two and a half pound container of Winn Dixie chicken livers, a large picnic cooler filled with canned domestic beer and ice, a plastic five gallon pale, several empty one gallon milk jugs (plastic) and an acoustic guitar.

Tie the fishing leaders to the heavy cotton twine at regular intervals (about ten to twelve feet apart). Attach the empty plastic one gallon milk jugs to the line to act as floats. Bait the leaders with the Winn Dixie chicken livers after preparing them for fishing. Some might get lost at this point. By 'preparing the chicken liver' I do not mean mincing them into a paste, adding a smidgeon of horseradish and diced onion. Preparing for fishing means opening the lid of the container of chicken livers and placing them in the noonday Florida sun for a few hours.

Place the line, the plastic milk jug floats and the chicken livers in the canoe and paddle to the center of a lake during the evening. Distribute the line, floats and livers so catfish in the lake might take the hint. Retire to a campfire and strum the acoustic guitar while seated upon the plastic five gallon pale until a red ring develops around your posterior. That is the indicator that the trot line should be checked for catfish. Paddle the canoe along the line and check each leader for the presence of a catfish. Re-bait as necessary. Retire to the campfire, guitar and plastic five gallon pale and drink several cans of the domestic beer from the large picnic cooler filled with ice.

Sounds like fun, huh? I neglected to mention the welts from the mosquito bites that will appear on your face and arms. I left out the part where the domestic canned beer swells up in your head like a loaf rising in a proofing drawer causing a headache only darkness, quiet and solitude can cure. I forgot that strumming the guitar to the tune of the Velvet Underground's 'White light, White heat' will get you just so far with a southern audience before someone yells out 'Freebird'!

And so it was. No conversion to another culture for me. I stuck it out for four long, miserable years down there in NASCAR and fishing paradise yearning for the day I would hold a snow shovel in my hands again. And in 1988 I pointed a UHaul truck at the I-75 north sign and pushed that long pedal on the right, just as if I was racing on Sunday at Daytona. When I got home all those closed steel mills provided me with steady and ample income. Someone had to clean up the mess and I was just the guy to do it.

I haven't fished since the end of the Reagan years. Then again, I haven't smelled a putrid chicken liver since then either. We all have to make compromises.

Wonderful Nosmo though culturally there probably are a lot of folks who wouldn't empathize with you all that much re preferring to be a northerner. Myself I love visiting the south and enjoy myself pretty much wherever I am, but I am always glad to be back in the southwest with its wide open vistas, huge skies, and more comfortable climate for me.

But I admire people who love where they are too. 007 loves Wisconsin. Sherry and WelfareQueen are Floridians through and through. Gracie is connected to the central California Coast. I imagine ChrisL couldn't imagine living anywhere but New England, etc. If we all loved the same place, it sure would get crowded. :)

As for Nascar, it is difficult to explain. We aren't really strong fans but had to get interested in it when our elementary age granddaughter became a super fan and has remained so into her 20's. You choose your favorites among the drivers, not the cars themselves. And it is some kind of mystique, emotional connection, or something that attracts you to a particular driver and inspires you to want that one to win. I can't speak for my elementary age granddaughter but when she became the teenage and then grown one, I think it is based on which driver is both competent and also really cute.:)

Actually, I could imagine living somewhere else, like Hawaii. :D

This one is MUCH better. A lot more information about your sign if you click on the link. Some of it seems accurate to a scary degree. What do you guys think? Do you think any of it is accurate in describing you? Must be a personality profiling type of thing because I can't figure out why that would be accurate at all.

This one is MUCH better. A lot more information about your sign if you click on the link. Some of it seems accurate to a scary degree. What do you guys think? Do you think any of it is accurate in describing you? Must be a personality profiling type of thing because I can't figure out why that would be accurate at all.

The problem with definitive descriptions like these is that if we like the description, we can fit ourselves into it, and if we don't, we can believe we don't fit it. :) Reading the description of Libra, however, I didn't strongly identify with a lot of it personally. But I am not a Libra though I am within 3 days of being one :)

leo.jpg

LEO TRAITS

Leo likes: Theater, taking holidays, being admired, expensive things, bright colors, fun with friends

Leo dislikes: Being ignored, facing difficult reality, not being treated like a king or queen

People born under the sign of Leo are natural born leaders. They are dramatic, creative, self-confident, dominant and extremely difficult to resist, able to achieve anything they want to in any area of life they commit to. There is a specific strength to a Leo and their "king of the jungle" status. Leo often has many friends for they are generous and loyal. Self-confident and attractive, this is a Sun sign capable of uniting different groups of people and leading them as one towards a shared cause, and their healthy sense of humor makes collaboration with other people even easier.

Leo belongs to the element of Fire, just like Aries and Sagittarius. This makes them warmhearted, in love with life, trying to laugh and have a good time. Able to use their mind to solve even the most difficult problems, they will easily take initiative in resolving various complicated situations. Ruled by the Sun, Leo worships this fiery entity in the sky, quite literally as well as metaphorically. They are in search for self-awareness and in constant growth of ego. Aware of their desires and personality, they can easily ask for everything they need, but could just as easily unconsciously neglect the needs of other people in their chase for personal gain or status. When a Leo representative becomes too fond and attached to their achievements and the way other people see them, they become an easy target, ready to be taken down.

Leo - the Lion in the Cave The story of the Lion always speaks of bravery. This is an animal fearless and impossible to challenge, hurt or destroy, their only weaknesses being fear and aggression towards those they confront. Living in a cave, a Lion always needs to have one, nesting and finding comfort in hard times. However, they should never stay there for long. With their head high, they have to face others with dignity and respect, never raising a voice, a hand, or a weapon, bravely walking through the forest they rule.

As much as I have gotten to know you in this strange on line environment, Chris, I can believe this does describe you in some part. I can't know how you are at work and stuff like that of course.

The problem with definitive descriptions like these is that if we like the description, we can fit ourselves into it, and if we don't, we can believe we don't fit it. :) Reading the description of Libra, however, I didn't strongly identify with a lot of it personally. But I am not a Libra though I am within 3 days of being one :)

You said you were a Virgo? Here is yours.

Element: Earth

Quality: Mutable

Color: Grey, Beige, Pale-Yellow

Day: Wednesday

Ruler: Mercury

Greatest Overall Compatibility: Pisces, Cancer

Lucky Numbers: 5, 14, 15, 23, 32

Date range: August 23 – September 22

virgo.jpg

VIRGO TRAITS

Strengths: Loyal, analytical, kind, hardworking, practical

Weaknesses: Shyness, worry, overly critical of self and others, all work and no play

Virgo likes: Animals, healthy food, books, nature, cleanliness

Virgo dislikes: Rudeness, asking for help, taking center stage

Virgos are always paying attention to the smallest details and their deep sense of humanity makes them one of the most careful signs of the zodiac. Their methodical approach to life ensures that nothing is left to chance, and although they are often tender, their heart might be closed for the outer world. This is a sign often misunderstood, not because they lack the ability to express, but because they won’t accept their feelings as valid, true, or even relevant when opposed to reason. The symbolism behind the name speaks well of their nature, born with a feeling they are experiencing everything for the first time.

Virgo is an Earth sign, fitting perfectly between Taurus and Capricorn. This will lead to a strong character, but one that prefers conservative, well-organized things and a lot of practicality in their everyday life. These individuals have an organized life, and even when they let go to chaos, their goals and dreams still have strictly defined borders in their mind. Constantly worried that they missed a detail that will be impossible to fix, they can get stuck in details, becoming overly critical and concerned about matters that nobody else seems to care much about.

Since Mercury is the ruling planet of this sign, its representatives have a well-developed sense of speech and writing, as well as all other forms of communication. Many Virgos may choose to pursue a career as writers, journalists, and typists, but their need to serve others makes them feel good as caregivers, on a clear mission to help.

Virgo – the Disappointed Goddess Seeking goodness in humankind is the story of Virgo, and disappointment seems to be inevitable from their point of view. The first time they came from their cloud and jumped onto planet Earth, it felt like their mission is to use their existence for good, discovering ways of justice and purity in other people. Once they fail to find it too many times, Virgos will pull away, get lost, turn to substance abuse, or simply separate from other people to sit on the bench, criticize and judge.

My children were born 3 years apart but are both right on the cusp between Sagittarius and Capricorn. We have long joked that that is why they don't fit into any profile. :)

leo.jpg

LEO TRAITS

As much as I have gotten to know you in this strange on line environment, Chris, I can believe this does describe you in some part. I can't know how you are at work and stuff like that of course.

Some of it seems to be right on the mark. Some other things not so much, but for the most part it is pretty accurate. I can be selfish and lazy, maybe a bit vain. I can admit that. Lol. :D

TAURUS first degree of earth: Life lesson, service to others
VIRGO second degree of earth: life lesson, Creativeness and order.
CAPRICORN third degree of earth; life lesson, Service to others
CANCER first degree of water: Life lesson, Peace
SCORPIO second degree of water: life lesson, Peace and orderliness
PISCES third degree of water: life lesson, Peace
GEMINI first degree of air: life lesson, Unity
LIBRA second degree of air: life lesson, Unity and balance
AQUARIUS third degree of air: life lesson, Unity
ARIES first degree of fire: life lesson, Love
LEO second degree of fire: life lesson, Universal love
SAGITTARIUS third degree of fire: life lesson, Universal love

You said you were a Virgo? Here is yours.

Quality: Mutable

Color: Grey, Beige, Pale-Yellow

Day: Wednesday

Ruler: Mercury

Greatest Overall Compatibility: Pisces, Cancer

Lucky Numbers: 5, 14, 15, 23, 32

Date range: August 23 – September 22

virgo.jpg

VIRGO TRAITS

Strengths: Loyal, analytical, kind, hardworking, practical

Weaknesses: Shyness, worry, overly critical of self and others, all work and no play

Virgo likes: Animals, healthy food, books, nature, cleanliness

Virgo dislikes: Rudeness, asking for help, taking center stage

Virgos are always paying attention to the smallest details and their deep sense of humanity makes them one of the most careful signs of the zodiac. Their methodical approach to life ensures that nothing is left to chance, and although they are often tender, their heart might be closed for the outer world. This is a sign often misunderstood, not because they lack the ability to express, but because they won’t accept their feelings as valid, true, or even relevant when opposed to reason. The symbolism behind the name speaks well of their nature, born with a feeling they are experiencing everything for the first time.

Virgo is an Earth sign, fitting perfectly between Taurus and Capricorn. This will lead to a strong character, but one that prefers conservative, well-organized things and a lot of practicality in their everyday life. These individuals have an organized life, and even when they let go to chaos, their goals and dreams still have strictly defined borders in their mind. Constantly worried that they missed a detail that will be impossible to fix, they can get stuck in details, becoming overly critical and concerned about matters that nobody else seems to care much about.

Since Mercury is the ruling planet of this sign, its representatives have a well-developed sense of speech and writing, as well as all other forms of communication. Many Virgos may choose to pursue a career as writers, journalists, and typists, but their need to serve others makes them feel good as caregivers, on a clear mission to help.

Virgo – the Disappointed Goddess Seeking goodness in humankind is the story of Virgo, and disappointment seems to be inevitable from their point of view. The first time they came from their cloud and jumped onto planet Earth, it felt like their mission is to use their existence for good, discovering ways of justice and purity in other people. Once they fail to find it too many times, Virgos will pull away, get lost, turn to substance abuse, or simply separate from other people to sit on the bench, criticize and judge.

Yeah there are parts that describe me; also parts of Libra that describe me. And the other signs too. And some that really don't. Choice of occupation was interesting though as I started out life to be a writer and that is still where my heart lies though fate has often taken me in different directions. And I have long and still am involved in caregiving whether in groups or one on one.

My children were born 3 years apart but are both right on the cusp between Sagittarius and Capricorn. We have long joked that that is why they don't fit into any profile. :)

My son is a Capricorn. While some of it accurately describes him, he is a lot more loving and caring than the horoscope describes his sign. Lol. He also has a good sense of humor and jokes around a lot. He is quite a temper though, and he is very young and is already a foreman at his company though, so some of it is correct at least.

CAPRICORN ZODIAC SIGN CAPRICORN HOROSCOPE

Color: Brown, Black

Day: Saturday

Ruler: Saturn

Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer

Lucky Numbers: 4, 8, 13, 22

Date range: December 22 - January 19

capricorn.jpg

CAPRICORN TRAITS

Strengths: Responsible, disciplined, self-control, good managers

Weaknesses: Know-it-all, unforgiving, condescending, expecting the worst

Capricorn likes: Family, tradition, music, understated status, quality craftsmanship

Capricorn dislikes: Almost everything at some point

Capricorn is a sign that represents time and responsibility, and its representatives are traditional and often very serious by nature. These individuals possess an inner state of independence that enables significant progress both in their personal and professional lives. They are masters of self-control and have the ability to lead the way, make solid and realistic plans, and manage many people who work for them at any time. They will learn from their mistakes and get to the top based solely on their experience and expertise.

Belonging to the element of Earth , like Taurus and Virgo, this is the last sign in the trio of practicality and grounding. Not only do they focus on the material world, but they have the ability to use the most out of it. Unfortunately, this element also makes them stiff and sometimes too stubborn to move from one perspective or point in a relationship. They have a hard time accepting differences of other people that are too far from their character, and out of fear might try to impose their traditional values aggressively.

Saturn is the ruling planet of Capricorn, and this planet represents restrictions of all kinds. Its influence makes these people practical and responsible, but also cold, distant and unforgiving, prone to the feeling of guilt and turned to the past. They need to learn to forgive in order to make their own life lighter and more positive.

Capricorn – the Goat of Fear A goat with the tail of a fish is created to face fear and create panic. It is the sign of decisions made to be protected from monsters in our minds, lives, and immediate physical surrounding. Always ready to transform into something that scares those scary things off, Capricorn speaks of each natural chain reaction of fear, where one scary thing leads to many others, rising up as defensive mechanisms that only make things worse. Immersed in their secrecy, they face the world just as they are – brave enough to never run away, but constantly afraid of their inner monsters.

I was born on the cusp of Cancer and Gemini and I exactly fit that profile.

A flighty mind on top of an emotional undercurrent.

I get all my stuff on astrology from the Booklet by the late medium Ursula Roberts.(hints for harmony of body and soul) I have looked for it on the internet but it is only for sale. and it is copyrighted. So I had better not type it all into the forum.

And at times it all gets rather bizarre. For instance Hombre is an Aries and I am a Virgo. I ran across one site that explained our relationship thus:

Aries male, Virgo female:

At first glance, this couple have little in common. The bold and go-getting Aries man wouldn’t be interested, we assume, in the meek and mild Virgo woman. She in turn, devoted and loyal, would be much too easily hurt by the aggressive and self-centered Aries man. It’s true that this relationship does need a lot of work by both parties, but Aries man Virgo woman compatibility can work if both partners are willing to adapt.
Aries Man and Virgo Woman ⋆ Astromatcha

Now admittedly for all the decades we have been married, we have had to do a LOT of adapting. But 'meek and mild' Virgo woman? I am an ENTJ after all which is the antithesis of 'meek and mild'. He is an ISFJ pretty much the polar opposite of me in temperament and that describes him perfectly. But it has and does work. He is my best friend even though there are days I could cheerfully strangle him. (I would do it thoughtfully and with kindness of course.)

peach174 is also a Virgo and I don't think any of us see her as 'meek and mild.' :)

leo.jpg

LEO TRAITS

Some of it seems to be right on the mark. Some other things not so much, but for the most part it is pretty accurate. I can be selfish and lazy, maybe a bit vain. I can admit that. Lol. :D

All of us have a selfish side. If we didn't we would go absolutely nuts as the world would pull us so many directions we would disintegrate. And what you describe as 'vanity' I suspect I would describe as knowing yourself and self confidence.

And at times it all gets rather bizarre. For instance Hombre is an Aries and I am a Virgo. I ran across one site that explained our relationship thus:

Aries male, Virgo female:

At first glance, this couple have little in common. The bold and go-getting Aries man wouldn’t be interested, we assume, in the meek and mild Virgo woman. She in turn, devoted and loyal, would be much too easily hurt by the aggressive and self-centered Aries man. It’s true that this relationship does need a lot of work by both parties, but Aries man Virgo woman compatibility can work if both partners are willing to adapt.
Aries Man and Virgo Woman ⋆ Astromatcha

Now admittedly for all the decades we have been married, we have had to do a LOT of adapting. But 'meek and mild' Virgo woman? I am an ENTJ after all which is the antithesis of 'meek and mild'. He is an ISFJ pretty much the polar opposite of me in temperament and that describes him perfectly. But it has and does work. He is my best friend even though there are days I could cheerfully strangle him. (I would do it thoughtfully and with kindness of course.)

peach174 is also a Virgo and I don't think any of us see her as 'meek and mild.' :)

Yeah, they describe the Virgo as being shy on the one I posted. I don't see you as being shy or meek, maybe "mild" mannered though. :D

My son is a Capricorn. While some of it accurately describes him, he is a lot more loving and caring than the horoscope describes his sign. Lol. He also has a good sense of humor and jokes around a lot. He is quite a temper though, and he is very young and is already a foreman at his company though, so some of it is correct at least.

CAPRICORN ZODIAC SIGN CAPRICORN HOROSCOPE

Color: Brown, Black

Day: Saturday

Ruler: Saturn

Greatest Overall Compatibility: Taurus, Cancer

Lucky Numbers: 4, 8, 13, 22

Date range: December 22 - January 19

capricorn.jpg

CAPRICORN TRAITS

Strengths: Responsible, disciplined, self-control, good managers

Weaknesses: Know-it-all, unforgiving, condescending, expecting the worst

Capricorn likes: Family, tradition, music, understated status, quality craftsmanship

Capricorn dislikes: Almost everything at some point

Capricorn is a sign that represents time and responsibility, and its representatives are traditional and often very serious by nature. These individuals possess an inner state of independence that enables significant progress both in their personal and professional lives. They are masters of self-control and have the ability to lead the way, make solid and realistic plans, and manage many people who work for them at any time. They will learn from their mistakes and get to the top based solely on their experience and expertise.

Belonging to the element of Earth , like Taurus and Virgo, this is the last sign in the trio of practicality and grounding. Not only do they focus on the material world, but they have the ability to use the most out of it. Unfortunately, this element also makes them stiff and sometimes too stubborn to move from one perspective or point in a relationship. They have a hard time accepting differences of other people that are too far from their character, and out of fear might try to impose their traditional values aggressively.

Saturn is the ruling planet of Capricorn, and this planet represents restrictions of all kinds. Its influence makes these people practical and responsible, but also cold, distant and unforgiving, prone to the feeling of guilt and turned to the past. They need to learn to forgive in order to make their own life lighter and more positive.

Capricorn – the Goat of Fear A goat with the tail of a fish is created to face fear and create panic. It is the sign of decisions made to be protected from monsters in our minds, lives, and immediate physical surrounding. Always ready to transform into something that scares those scary things off, Capricorn speaks of each natural chain reaction of fear, where one scary thing leads to many others, rising up as defensive mechanisms that only make things worse. Immersed in their secrecy, they face the world just as they are – brave enough to never run away, but constantly afraid of their inner monsters.

My son is also a Capricorn and has consistently found himself in management positions even though his temperament type is not the most suited for that. But he is such a strong person of faith, I have never detected a spirit of fear--except for momentary panic--in him. He like me has always been the eternal optimist. He does have an amazing and highly complex and intricate imagination that has always amazed me. And one way the description really nailed him--he is a professional engineer but he is also a musician. As an avocation, he has built up a music studio teaching voice, piano, guitar, violin, etc. to 80 to 100 kids with a waiting list in his tiny west Texas town. And he is family oriented to a fault. Whenever he thinks anybody in the family needs him, he puts that first ahead of anything else.

Forum List

Back