USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, I'm not doing well. Got the doctor to take off the cast and I'm wearing a boot but I can't even take my first step, it hurts too much. I'm suppose to wear this boot in bed for the next 3 nights too. At least I can take it off and scratch...but man, it hurts. I'm beginning to think I'll never walk again. (Yeah, I know I'm being dramatic but right now, if you asked me if I wanted a bone spur removed, the answer would be the complete opposite of what it was 6 weeks ago.)

So sorry to hear that Sheila....I hate pain....I'm a wuss when it comes to pain, so I really feel for you. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers....that the pain go away completely.

Did the doctor say it was natural to feel that much pain still?

He really didn't say. I'm learning as I go and it's horrible. At this point, if I had it to do over again, I keep the bone spur. Hope I feel differently in a few weeks.

Hope it gets better soon, Sheila. We want you back on your feet!

Got an award in class this morning. We had a new student and I was asked to help her out, so I showed her the bow in and stayed with her during some activities. She was very good and caught on very quickly. At the end of class I was given a certificate for being a great assistant to her. Very pleased. Pity Tracy wasn't there to see it!

With extra supportive prayers and good vibes extended to Sheila for relief from pain, for BBD for sleep, for Ollie for rest, for Noomi for reassurance, and to all of you struggling with all manner of adversity from minor, which is still adversity, to major, and hoping that this too shall pass and sooner rather than later.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
Bloodrock's father-in-law in Germany,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

1.jpg

Good morning, everyone, and a happy Saturday to you!

The Adventurers/Explorers & Coffee begins today.

No. 1:

article-1089667-029B8CC8000005DC-386_468x327.jpg

Astronaut Don Pettit (Endeavor), drinking coffee out of a cup that he himself invented.

article-1089667-029F3672000005DC-739_468x358.jpg

Don Petit and fellow astronaut Steve Bowen drinking space-coffee!

Source:

The zero-gravity cup: Endeavour astronaut invents novel way to drink coffee in space | Mail Online

That was in 2008.... he used the principle of capillary flow to make that zero-G coffee cup:

Source:

NASA Invented ?Zero Gravity Coffee Cup? For Astronauts In Space - DesignTAXI.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning folks! Just had breakfast, and read the morning paper. Nothing really planned for today. Did all my chores during the week. Mrs Jughead has some errands to run, and she will bring the kid with her. I will likely stop by my favorite watering hole after lunch for a beer or two, and see what's new.

You all have a great Saturday!
emotplus6.gif

Morning. I survived the night. I have not dared to use my computer since yesterday because of severe thunderstorms in Britain. There was one directly overhead last night and I disconnected the telephone line and removed my TV arial, in case the house was hit.

Morning. I survived the night. I have not dared to use my computer since yesterday because of severe thunderstorms in Britain. There was one directly overhead last night and I disconnected the telephone line and removed my TV arial, in case the house was hit.

Smart. :) I unplug my everything too, when severe storms hit the coast. I have my battery operated CD player and over 1500 CDs from which to select any tune that matches my mood and settles me down..:lol:

Morning folks! Just had breakfast, and read the morning paper. Nothing really planned for today. Did all my chores during the week. Mrs Jughead has some errands to run, and she will bring the kid with her. I will likely stop by my favorite watering hole after lunch for a beer or two, and see what's new.

You all have a great Saturday!
emotplus6.gif

That all sounds very relaxing, Jughead. After my late night out, last night, I may chill the rest of the day, myself. ( unless I decide to go into work during the lunch hour only ) It's up to me. I have a great employer. He knows I am devoted to his business and will work when he needs me the most. :thup: He places no conditions on me as we share the same vision for his business and he knows that one person working with you, is equal to, if not more important than, ten people working for you. :D

Can't sleep tonight... Just not sleepy.

I was the same way last night. I didn't sleep at all. I get these nights where everything just cramps up on me and it keeps me awake. last night was one of them. I'm trying to sleep a little now but still can't

I found that cramps seem to happen when I'm low on magnesium. Found some tablets that actually aborb into the body when you take them. One or two days and things are good.

Forum List

Back