USMB Coffee Shop IV

2011 - Phoenix is hit by a massive haboob so amazing the Weather Channel still shows pics of it almost every week.

article-2179556-143C01F6000005DC-417_964x640.jpg

Funny how nature has a way of showing us she's still the boss........ :eusa_whistle:[/QUOTE]

True enough. Probably if everybody in Phoenix had gone out that day with hair dryers, floor fans, and industrial size fans to blow it away, it probably wouldn't have made any differene.

I have not gone AWOL. Been getting pm's wondering about me so instead of responding individually, I'll post a PSA. As I told DT, I've been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. My boys shared a large bedroom but both are gone so the Munchkin decided to move in. We've been remodeling and making it into a girlie room and turning her old room into another guest bedroom. Sanded and painted the wrought iron deck and patio furniture. Next door neighbor had a triple bypass so I mowed his and my lawns today. We each have an acre so with trimming and edging it takes about 4 hours each. Other than that not a whole lot going on.

Well, I'm not doing well. Got the doctor to take off the cast and I'm wearing a boot but I can't even take my first step, it hurts too much. I'm suppose to wear this boot in bed for the next 3 nights too. At least I can take it off and scratch...but man, it hurts. I'm beginning to think I'll never walk again. (Yeah, I know I'm being dramatic but right now, if you asked me if I wanted a bone spur removed, the answer would be the complete opposite of what it was 6 weeks ago.)

So sorry to hear that Sheila....I hate pain....I'm a wuss when it comes to pain, so I really feel for you. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers....that the pain go away completely.

Did the doctor say it was natural to feel that much pain still?

Especially inside a pie ... :thup:
blackberry-pie-b.jpg

Yeah, I like blueberry pie too.

images

Good stuff.

Blueberries > blackberries.

I also like to just eat frozen blueberries, and it's a taste I've apparently imparted on the little one. She actually just finished eating a bowl of frozen blueberries. :D

I like blueberry pie, but fresh blueberries don't do anything for me.....they're supposed to be really good for a person, but I wish they were tastier.

Well, I'm not doing well. Got the doctor to take off the cast and I'm wearing a boot but I can't even take my first step, it hurts too much. I'm suppose to wear this boot in bed for the next 3 nights too. At least I can take it off and scratch...but man, it hurts. I'm beginning to think I'll never walk again. (Yeah, I know I'm being dramatic but right now, if you asked me if I wanted a bone spur removed, the answer would be the complete opposite of what it was 6 weeks ago.)

get_well_card_flowers-r96c30506c4c547db896c72f4a44cf4c4_xvua8_8byvr_324.jpg

Got back from a yard sale a bit ago. Bought a silver looking ring for 2 bucks and thought it might be nice to just have as a pinky ring. At first I thought it was marcasite. Until I looked at it closer once I got home. Them thar are diamonds. Told hubby and he said nuh uh. That is a sterling silver ring. Marked 925. I said yup, but them sparklies are diamonds. He said nuh uh. So then he whipped out his diamond tester and BING BING BING. It went off just like I knew it would. He says "them thar are diamonds!" and I just smile. :D

Yeah, I like blueberry pie too.

images

Good stuff.

I also like to just eat frozen blueberries, and it's a taste I've apparently imparted on the little one. She actually just finished eating a bowl of frozen blueberries. :D

I like blueberry pie, but fresh blueberries don't do anything for me.....they're supposed to be really good for a person, but I wish they were tastier.

They probably lose a lot of the health benefits somehow, but you could try frozen blueberries. I'm not a huge fan of fresh blueberries, but I love them frozen.

Hi folks. I have been away for a while. Come back and I am just pissed off right away. I wish I could say why. I am just about done with this place except for the few people who are still here.

Hey SB....wondered where you had been. It takes some mental/emotional conditioning--okay actually acrobatics but you get my drift--to be able to separate a place like the Coffee Shop from the greater board out there. And with some people, I have to really bite my tongue (fingers?) to remember that now and then. But if you can do it, the CS seems to have a calming and sometimes civilizing effect on some of us and sometimes even keeps us from getting so pissed off out there. :)

They probably lose a lot of the health benefits somehow, but you could try frozen blueberries. I'm not a huge fan of fresh blueberries, but I love them frozen.

Weird, not liking the fresh. I like them all, but fresh tart ones are my favorite. I read years ago they are good brain food so it's a tradition for my kids to eat them on a big test day or mentally hard day. Your Brain on Blueberries: Enhance Memory with the Right Foods - Scientific American

I too bid you all a good night. Saturday brings a 5k I have not trained for. That and 3.5 hours of work after that and four hours of mowing after that.

Afternoon all, hope everyone is well.

Feeling stressed at the moment. I have a bus but no driver, and so far, the only people trying to help me out are the parents of one of the other students. No one else has even bothered to lift a finger and asked how they can help. Sometimes I wonder why I am bothering going to so much trouble when no one is grateful for it.

Also, a misunderstand Tuesday night pretty much ended a friendship for me. I jumped to conclusions and I did the wrong thing, accepted it and I said sorry to this person and meant it, because I never meant to hurt his feelings. He said he accepted my apology but he ignored me in class this morning and never spoke a word to me, so I don't know what more I can do. Plus, a bunch of them were talking this morning, and I don't have to have super sonic hearing to know who they were talking about.

I am rather disappointed. You try to do something nice for people, and it gets thrown back in your face.

I love cherries and ice cream. :)

safe_Cherries_&_Ice_Cream_3.jpg

But really, if you are serving cherries with ice cream wouldn't you want to enjoy a bite of cherry with the ice cream? And wouldn't you take the stems off the ice cream when you put the dish together?

Yes....you are a very practical woman. :) I guess the photographer thought it looked prettier in the pic....stems and all.

Only one has the stem....maybe he was in a hurry....:eusa_whistle:

I have not gone AWOL. Been getting pm's wondering about me so instead of responding individually, I'll post a PSA. As I told DT, I've been busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. My boys shared a large bedroom but both are gone so the Munchkin decided to move in. We've been remodeling and making it into a girlie room and turning her old room into another guest bedroom. Sanded and painted the wrought iron deck and patio furniture. Next door neighbor had a triple bypass so I mowed his and my lawns today. We each have an acre so with trimming and edging it takes about 4 hours each. Other than that not a whole lot going on.

Dang, you need to move close to my house, I could use a neighbor like you.....:D

So sorry to hear that Sheila....I hate pain....I'm a wuss when it comes to pain, so I really feel for you. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers....that the pain go away completely.

Did the doctor say it was natural to feel that much pain still?

He really didn't say. I'm learning as I go and it's horrible. At this point, if I had it to do over again, I keep the bone spur. Hope I feel differently in a few weeks.

Forum List

Back