USMB Coffee Shop IV

I so want a puppy!

TvYUQiU.jpg

Way up there on the things that make you go 'awwwww'. But OMG. That poor mother dog!!!

Oh, they couldn't possibly be all from the same mother! I tried to count them, I think there are 23!

When I was a kid, one of our neighbors bred beagles. I remember lying on the lawn, and being covered with crawling puppies. It was heaven. Seeing all these puppies reminds me of that.

I have two for July 19th
1860 - 1st railroad reaches Kansas.

1912- A meteorite of estimated 190kg mass explodes over Holbrook in Navajo County, Arizona, causing approximately 16,000 pieces of debris to rain down on the town.

And good morning everybody. Sadly, I have to announce that July 19 seems to be the single most boring day in history--absolutely nothing of common interest seems to have happened on a July 19. :(

So in lieu of a history lesson today, I shall have an impromptu etymology class. The origin of today's word is unknown, but the dynamics behind it will be obvious to most of us. The word is:

Exhaustipated: The meaning of which is "Too tired to give a sh*t."

Aren't ya'll glad I signed in today? (....runs....)

it was opening day for the summer Olympics in Atlanta in 1996. I remember it, I was there.

And good morning everybody. Sadly, I have to announce that July 19 seems to be the single most boring day in history--absolutely nothing of common interest seems to have happened on a July 19. :(

So in lieu of a history lesson today, I shall have an impromptu etymology class. The origin of today's word is unknown, but the dynamics behind it will be obvious to most of us. The word is:

:D Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious:

The roots of the word have been defined as follows: super- "above", cali- "beauty", fragilistic- "delicate", expiali- "to atone", and -docious "educable", with the sum of these parts signifying roughly "Atoning for educability through delicate beauty." According to the film, it is defined as "something to say when you have nothing to say".

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious was first added to the Oxford English Dictionary in 1986 and, as of March 2014, does not appear in the Merriam-Webster dictionary
wiki

I am feeling quite good about my life right now. Good plans for my retirement in a few years. My career going well. Others things are nice and going well, in general. Knock on wood, of course. :)

my favorite scene in mary poppins is when all the chimney sweeps are up on the roof. some pretty cool moves there

Last edited by a moderator:
The black Ravens from Mexico have arrived. They are about 3 weeks late this year.
Just saw one in our backyard.
They are huge birds, twice the size of a crow, but they are beautiful.
They are called the Chihuahuan Raven.

Common%20Raven.JPG

AZ_ChihuahuanRaven04.jpg

Especially inside a pie ... :thup:
blackberry-pie-b.jpg

Yeah, I like blueberry pie too.

images

Good stuff.

Blueberries > blackberries.

I also like to just eat frozen blueberries, and it's a taste I've apparently imparted on the little one. She actually just finished eating a bowl of frozen blueberries. :D

I was at House of Meats earlier today and was walking out and what do I spy? :D

Oh yeah all kinds of pies. I grabbed a blueberry. Didn't have any yet but I will soon.

Goodness Foxy, grumpy pants ... :lol:

Black coffee please.

No Lumps.

:cool:

Can't sleep tonight... Just not sleepy.

I was the same way last night. I didn't sleep at all. I get these nights where everything just cramps up on me and it keeps me awake. last night was one of them. I'm trying to sleep a little now but still can't

Meditation maybe?

I want a baby gorilla:

baby-gorilla.jpg

Yuk, that thing looks scary.

We just saw that new Planet of The Apes Movie, I thought it was great surprisingly.

Cleaning up after dogs and cats is bad enough, add the ability to pick up and throw things and I don't think so...:lol:

I adore primates...I used to go to the St. Louis Zoo a lifetime ago, and I could watch all of them for hours on end and remain completely fascinated. I think baby primates are precious. I did have one negative experience many years ago at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago...they have an open environment in which the public is only separated by moats, and I made the mistake of locking eyes with this one silverback who slowly reached around behind him and tossed a pile of shit right at me.:eek: Good thing I have fast reflexes.:lol: Oh, and I found out that maintaining eye contact with a male gorilla will be interpreted as a sign of aggression.

I think baby chimps are my favorite.:)

baby-chimp.jpg

So I met my neighbor's 6-week-old chocolate lab, Autumn, yesterday.

ninagirl6_8_29_11sweetweb.jpg

...now I know what kind of pet I want. :D

Yuk, that thing looks scary.

We just saw that new Planet of The Apes Movie, I thought it was great surprisingly.

Cleaning up after dogs and cats is bad enough, add the ability to pick up and throw things and I don't think so...:lol:

I adore primates...I used to go to the St. Louis Zoo a lifetime ago, and I could watch all of them for hours on end and remain completely fascinated. I think baby primates are precious. I did have one negative experience many years ago at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago...they have an open environment in which the public is only separated by moats, and I made the mistake of locking eyes with this one silverback who slowly reached around behind him and tossed a pile of shit right at me.:eek: Good thing I have fast reflexes.:lol: Oh, and I found out that maintaining eye contact with a male gorilla will be interpreted as a sign of aggression.

I think baby chimps are my favorite.:)

baby-chimp.jpg

If I was going to have a baby wild animal it would be an elephant!

baby-elephant-and-egrets.jpg

So, after about 6 hours of prep last night and 14 hours of prep and painting, my place is now painted. Tomorrow is touch-up day, clean-up day.

My feet are killing me. 14 hours of painting is a bitch.

So, as a reward, once all is done tomorrow, I will hang out some in USMB and find a good thread to really like my inner Schweinehund out. :D

So, after about 6 hours of prep last night and 14 hours of prep and painting, my place is now painted. Tomorrow is touch-up day, clean-up day.

My feet are killing me. 14 hours of painting is a bitch.

So, as a reward, once all is done tomorrow, I will hang out some in USMB and find a good thread to really like my inner Schweinehund out. :D

Please resist that urge.:eusa_hand:

schweinehund-von-lutz.jpeg

Forum List

Back