USMB Coffee Shop IV

Can we make this one of those bikini coffee shops?
6eafbc06946deb9b07d84f03964e248d.jpg

Sure...what will the male servers be wearing??:D

I found that cramps seem to happen when I'm low on magnesium. Found some tablets that actually aborb into the body when you take them. One or two days and things are good.

Amen to that. I was trying to treat my night leg and foot cramps with extra potassium without much luck. And then I was reading up on how severely the meds we take for acid reflux (GERD) leach calcium and especially magnesium from the body. I regularly take calcium but added a magnesium supplement. Those night cramps are now much more rare, less severe, and shorter lived.
Brazil nuts and dark chocolate are foods that are high in magnesium. Fours squares of dark chocolate or just under a cup of Brazil nuts will provide 100% of the daily required amount of magnesium.
I'm not much for chocolate, but I do like Brazil nuts ... :thup:

Sounds like a yummy way to get one's daily magnesium. :)

So I met my neighbor's 6-week-old chocolate lab, Autumn, yesterday.

ninagirl6_8_29_11sweetweb.jpg

...now I know what kind of pet I want. :D

I love labs. I had one for 12 years; she was a year old when I got her and was my running partner for years. Finally, she got too old to run but still liked long walks and always loved to swim. We lived in Seattle, where there is a lot of water, so she got to swim a lot. I want another lab (black) someday but can't have one now because I do a lot of traveling.

We just saw that new Planet of The Apes Movie, I thought it was great surprisingly.

Cleaning up after dogs and cats is bad enough, add the ability to pick up and throw things and I don't think so...:lol:

I adore primates...I used to go to the St. Louis Zoo a lifetime ago, and I could watch all of them for hours on end and remain completely fascinated. I think baby primates are precious. I did have one negative experience many years ago at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago...they have an open environment in which the public is only separated by moats, and I made the mistake of locking eyes with this one silverback who slowly reached around behind him and tossed a pile of shit right at me.:eek: Good thing I have fast reflexes.:lol: Oh, and I found out that maintaining eye contact with a male gorilla will be interpreted as a sign of aggression.

I think baby chimps are my favorite.:)

baby-chimp.jpg

If I was going to have a baby wild animal it would be an elephant!

baby-elephant-and-egrets.jpg

Elephants are one of my favorite animals, but I wouldn't want one for a pet. :eek: Think if the pooper scooping!

I don't like the idea of any wild life or exotic animals being kept as pets, or birds being kept in cages, etc. Domesticated animals like dogs and cats, okay. But wild life should be left wild.

I don't like the idea of any wild life or exotic animals being kept as pets, or birds being kept in cages, etc. Domesticated animals like dogs and cats, okay. But wild life should be left wild.

You do realize that at some point in time all currently domesticated animals were wild.
Just saying.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
Bloodrock's father-in-law in Germany,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

You do realize that at some point in time all currently domesticated animals were wild.
Just saying.

Thousands of years ago.

1.jpg

Good morning, everyone, and a happy Sunday to you!

The Adventurers/Explorers & Coffee continues today.

No. 1:

article-2089654-1162FFDC000005DC-110_468x331.jpg

That's Elon Musk, the founder and CEO of SpaceX, which created and flew the first commercial space ships called DragonX, also the first commercial spacecraft that was retrieved from orbit and is partially reusable.

Musk's declared goal with his company, Space X, is to someday soon enable the colonization of Mars.

No. 2 is an adventurer whom I have admired greatly in the last years: Nik Wallenda, who has done trapeze artist stuff like no one else in the world:

Now, I cannot find a pic of it yet, but the reason why Nik Wallenda is here is this:

Nik Wallenda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2006, McDonald's sponsored a show in Detroit. To promote the restaurant's new coffee, Nik Wallenda and his older sister Lijana did an act where they met in the middle of a high-wire and sat down to have some coffee, after starting on opposite ends.[27] After exchanging several toasts, Nik stood up and stepped over his sister. As the siblings headed back to their platforms, a crane winch malfunctioned, preventing Lijana from exiting the wire.[27] After Nik descended to the ground, a crane was moved to reduce the tension on the wire and he rode a hook up to rescue his sister.[27]

Nik, an avowed Christian (and I hope this does not break CS rules, if so, I apologize) is noted for praising G-d while tightrope walking. He said in a number of interviews that his helps him to concentrate perfectly on the task at hand. And from me, that earns a big:

:thup:

If anyone can find the pic of him drinking coffee with his sister in the middle of the act, please do let me know..... I couldn't find it...

Last edited by a moderator:
So, after a brutal 14 hour day painting my place yesterday, I am sitting here on the couch, feeling lazy, lazy, lazy, and also, my back hurts. Crap.

Now, I'm a pretty fit dude, but painting requires lots of twist and turn movements that most people don't go through in the course of a day, and do that for 14 hours..... and my feet hurt like hell, too. I dreamt of foot massages last night... :lol: Now, let me see, is there anything else I can bitch about right now..... nope, that will do it for now!

But there is still touch-up work to do and then a good old general cleaning today, I reckon with 5 hours of work-time.... I think that's one of the great benefits of painting: it forces to you really clean and scrub, too!!!

So, back on later.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back