USMB Coffee Shop IV

And good morning everybody. Sadly, I have to announce that July 19 seems to be the single most boring day in history--absolutely nothing of common interest seems to have happened on a July 19. :(

So in lieu of a history lesson today, I shall have an impromptu etymology class. The origin of today's word is unknown, but the dynamics behind it will be obvious to most of us. The word is:

Exhaustipated: The meaning of which is "Too tired to give a sh*t."

Aren't ya'll glad I signed in today? (....runs....)

Gotcher back, Foxy ...

On this day in 1848 the first serious discussion of women's rights began at the Seneca Falls Convention in Seneca Falls, New York, organized by local Quakers and Elizabeth Cady Stanton.

Born today: Edgar Degas (1834); Lizzie Borden (1860); Vikki Carr (1941)

Been a busy day. Doing an estate/yard sale at the estate, even with help from my youngest brother and nephew I'm exhausted. Gotta do it again tomorrow...... Then again next weekend......

We just saw that new Planet of The Apes Movie, I thought it was great surprisingly.

Cleaning up after dogs and cats is bad enough, add the ability to pick up and throw things and I don't think so...:lol:

I adore primates...I used to go to the St. Louis Zoo a lifetime ago, and I could watch all of them for hours on end and remain completely fascinated. I think baby primates are precious. I did have one negative experience many years ago at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago...they have an open environment in which the public is only separated by moats, and I made the mistake of locking eyes with this one silverback who slowly reached around behind him and tossed a pile of shit right at me.:eek: Good thing I have fast reflexes.:lol: Oh, and I found out that maintaining eye contact with a male gorilla will be interpreted as a sign of aggression.

I think baby chimps are my favorite.:)

baby-chimp.jpg

If I was going to have a baby wild animal it would be an elephant!

baby-elephant-and-egrets.jpg
I would have to go with a baby falcon.

peregrine_falcon_7C2V8844.jpg

Perhaps then I could keep the critters away from my vegetable garden ... :evil:

I was the same way last night. I didn't sleep at all. I get these nights where everything just cramps up on me and it keeps me awake. last night was one of them. I'm trying to sleep a little now but still can't

I found that cramps seem to happen when I'm low on magnesium. Found some tablets that actually aborb into the body when you take them. One or two days and things are good.

Amen to that. I was trying to treat my night leg and foot cramps with extra potassium without much luck. And then I was reading up on how severely the meds we take for acid reflux (GERD) leach calcium and especially magnesium from the body. I regularly take calcium but added a magnesium supplement. Those night cramps are now much more rare, less severe, and shorter lived.
Brazil nuts and dark chocolate are foods that are high in magnesium. Fours squares of dark chocolate or just under a cup of Brazil nuts will provide 100% of the daily required amount of magnesium.

I'm not much for chocolate, but I do like Brazil nuts ... :thup:

I found that cramps seem to happen when I'm low on magnesium. Found some tablets that actually aborb into the body when you take them. One or two days and things are good.

Amen to that. I was trying to treat my night leg and foot cramps with extra potassium without much luck. And then I was reading up on how severely the meds we take for acid reflux (GERD) leach calcium and especially magnesium from the body. I regularly take calcium but added a magnesium supplement. Those night cramps are now much more rare, less severe, and shorter lived.
Brazil nuts and dark chocolate are foods that are high in magnesium. Fours squares of dark chocolate or just under a cup of Brazil nuts will provide 100% of the daily required amount of magnesium.

Can't decide whether that's TMI or........

1290603068_crazy-brazilian-murderer-interview.gif

Can't decide whether that's TMI or........

1290603068_crazy-brazilian-murderer-interview.gif
er ... let me rephrase that ...
I'm not much for chocolate, but I do like Brazil kernels ... :thup:
:lol:

Forum List

Back