USMB Coffee Shop IV

I found that cramps seem to happen when I'm low on magnesium. Found some tablets that actually aborb into the body when you take them. One or two days and things are good.

Amen to that. I was trying to treat my night leg and foot cramps with extra potassium without much luck. And then I was reading up on how severely the meds we take for acid reflux (GERD) leach calcium and especially magnesium from the body. I regularly take calcium but added a magnesium supplement. Those night cramps are now much more rare, less severe, and shorter lived.
Sometimes things work and other times they don't. I take magnesium and calcium regularly but some nights my feet cramp up. Late night cramps, I keep those packets of Mickey D mustard around and when the feet start cramping, I squeeze a whole packet of mustard in my mouth and swallow it. It's not bad tasting if you drink something behind it. It works most of the time but as I said, sometimes it doesn't.

I have excess calcium and when I take what the doctor wants me to, I get massive cramps in my legs.

71ed4823a3d94bb9abd546db2480bf98.0.jpg

so sorry for all you've been through Ollie. Makes my problems seem like child's play. I'll be praying for you.

Well, it's Sunday and I still can't walk without massive pain and the help of a walker. That doctor lied by omission. He said I'd have to go through 6 weeks of non weight bearing. He never said after that it would hurt like heck just to put a little weight on my foot. Thank God I have a walker for when my back goes out. My knee is so swollen from the use of the scooter I just don't think it's a good idea to use it anymore. The doctor promised me I'd be able to walk for my trip to New Orleans. He however, didn't say it wouldn't hurt or that I wouldn't need help. Now I'm beginning to wonder. At this point, I am once again sorry I ever had the surgery. Here's hoping that outlook eventually changes. Anybody with any bone spurs, now is not a good time to ask me if having them surgically removed is a good idea.

Hope y'all are doing better than I am.

I don't like the idea of any wild life or exotic animals being kept as pets, or birds being kept in cages, etc. Domesticated animals like dogs and cats, okay. But wild life should be left wild.

You do realize that at some point in time all currently domesticated animals were wild.
Just saying.

Yes, `tis true, but I stand with Es and I wish there were no zoos. I can't stand the thought of domesticating a beautiful free spirit, for fun or educational times for children and adults.

Good morning everybody. It's good to see Alan and Wolfsister and others who haven't been here in awhile and I pray that Ollie's long ordeal is over for a very long while. And I can relate to Sheila's frustration with the pain and not being told what to expect. We can just hope that a few weeks from now she will be pain free and will be happy she had it done. Hombre has bone spurs in his back that cause him problems now and then but no surgeon will be dealing with it I'm pretty sure--at least if he and I have any say about it.

Will have a long day at the hospital tomorrow as my Uncle Ed goes in for surgery in the morning in an effort to fix a 'old age' problem with his plumbing. It wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't deaf and too blind to read anything and too proud to admit it so he won't ask for help, and sometimes the hospital staff isn't too quick to pick up on the fact he needs some help. The surgery itself isn't very serious however and the only reason they'll keep him for awhile is to determine whether it was successful. If not, he'll have to continue to wear a catheter.

But for now more coffee and then I'll fix Hombre and me some brunch. . . .

Oh, and one other home remedy I've found to help those night leg and foot cramps is to wear a clean pain of snug slippers or socks to bed. Don't know why it helps but it does help me if none of the other remedies are working. . . . .

Last edited:
And on this day in history, July 20. . . .

1964 - Jan and Dean's "Surf City" was the first surfin' record to go #1 on the charts. They are credited with being the pioneers of the genre that was made wildly popular when the Beach Boys adopted it as their signature style.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8pV5utQFp4]Jan and Dean Surf City - YouTube[/ame]

1969 - Neil Armstrong and Edwin Aldrin, Apollo 11, were the first men to walk on the moon with Michael Collins remaining in orbit in the command module. How many of us watched it live when it happened? I did. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TYuXj5sq6A]Cronkite Anchors First Moonwalk - YouTube[/ame]

1984 Vanessa Williams is asked to resign as Miss America when it became public that she had posed for Playboy. I wonder if that would be a disqualification now?

And when we think that modern weather is so much more unusual than it used to day, it is helpful to note that on this day in 1890, snow and hail was reported in Calais, Maine.

Morning, all! Today is National Ice Cream Day. Good way to celebrate would be to have a piece of pie for dessert, and add a scoop of ice cream on top ... :thup:

fb.jpg

ApplePieALaMode.jpg

You all have a Happy Sunday!
smilie_essen_042.gif

I will have to make my husband go out and get ice cream because, you know, any excuse. :D
DQ is good. He can grab some lunch along with the ice cream ... :thup:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Beautiful Sunday here in northwestern Illinois. Coffee was good. Mass was good. Life is good. Hope everybody has a great day.

Beautiful day in North Carolina as well. Overcast and raining. Trust me, in July it doesn't get better than that. You don't realize how much you miss rain until you don't have it.

That's for sure. We're having a pretty normal monsoon after years of not bad drought, not extreme drought, but exceptional drought (meaning they have nothing in the record to compare it to.) So here's to the rain and may everybody get all they want and not too much :)

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
It has been 45 plus years since I have been to the LA Disneyland....but I sure remember those hot caramel sundaes!

Forum List

Back