USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning, all! Today is National Ice Cream Day. Good way to celebrate would be to have a piece of pie for dessert, and add a scoop of ice cream on top ... :thup:

fb.jpg

ApplePieALaMode.jpg

You all have a Happy Sunday!
smilie_essen_042.gif

I knew we could count on you to remind us when any special "food" day occurs.

Thank you, I have a pie crust and a can of "apples for pie".....you've given me the motivation to make it, and all I need is the ice crea......:clap:

I was the same way last night. I didn't sleep at all. I get these nights where everything just cramps up on me and it keeps me awake. last night was one of them. I'm trying to sleep a little now but still can't

I found that cramps seem to happen when I'm low on magnesium. Found some tablets that actually aborb into the body when you take them. One or two days and things are good.

Amen to that. I was trying to treat my night leg and foot cramps with extra potassium without much luck. And then I was reading up on how severely the meds we take for acid reflux (GERD) leach calcium and especially magnesium from the body. I regularly take calcium but added a magnesium supplement. Those night cramps are now much more rare, less severe, and shorter lived.

A friend of ours swears by the old remedy of taking cider vinegar every day to keep away the cramps. He says it works. He takes approximately 1/2 cup every day.....

I haven't slept well in a very long time. I take 8mgs of melatonin each night, but I have restless leg syndrome so .....its rare that I get a good sound sleep. Bouncey bouncey bouncey with the leg. Oy.

I think you have to go to cheers to get those.

I've been serving cocktails in the CS for years.:banana:

Does Foxy have a liquor license? You may have been violating the law in her establishment, but since no one has complained.....I'll take one of those blue ones myself.....:D

The title of the thread may be a bit misleading to some, but the following has always been a part of the OP:
So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

It's a good thing, because I don't drink coffee.:eusa_shhh: :D The CS was well established before all the other conversational threads, and since one of those is more than enough for me to keep up with, I've never wandered outside of it. No doubt there are lots of good times happening in other places, and that's the great thing about the lounge...something for everyone.:thup:

I think you have to go to cheers to get those.

Does Foxy have a liquor license? You may have been violating the law in her establishment, but since no one has complained.....I'll take one of those blue ones myself.....:D

Foxy has a license for just about anything you can name. She can even drive a AA/FD on public roads if she feels like it. She's the most interesting woman on the USMB.

Foxy has a license for just about anything you can name. She can even drive a AA/FD on public roads if she feels like it. She's the most interesting woman on the USMB.

You told me the same thing just the other night.:doubt:

You told me the same thing just the other night.:doubt:
Uh oh! Korean girls would say he's a butterfly boy!

The title of the thread may be a bit misleading to some, but the following has always been a part of the OP:
So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

It's a good thing, because I don't drink coffee.:eusa_shhh: :D The CS was well established before all the other conversational threads, and since one of those is more than enough for me to keep up with, I've never wandered outside of it. No doubt there are lots of good times happening in other places, and that's the great thing about the lounge...something for everyone.:thup:

I knew there had to be an escape clause......thanks.....Drinks on me! .....:D

I adore primates...I used to go to the St. Louis Zoo a lifetime ago, and I could watch all of them for hours on end and remain completely fascinated. I think baby primates are precious. I did have one negative experience many years ago at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago...they have an open environment in which the public is only separated by moats, and I made the mistake of locking eyes with this one silverback who slowly reached around behind him and tossed a pile of shit right at me.:eek: Good thing I have fast reflexes.:lol: Oh, and I found out that maintaining eye contact with a male gorilla will be interpreted as a sign of aggression.

I think baby chimps are my favorite.:)

baby-chimp.jpg

If I was going to have a baby wild animal it would be an elephant!

baby-elephant-and-egrets.jpg

Elephants are one of my favorite animals, but I wouldn't want one for a pet. :eek: Think if the pooper scooping!

I don't like the idea of any wild life or exotic animals being kept as pets, or birds being kept in cages, etc. Domesticated animals like dogs and cats, okay. But wild life should be left wild.

I was thinking more along the lines of working in an Wildlife Preserve Rescue unit and caring for the animals there.

Morning, all! Today is National Ice Cream Day. Good way to celebrate would be to have a piece of pie for dessert, and add a scoop of ice cream on top ... :thup:

fb.jpg

ApplePieALaMode.jpg

smilie_essen_042.gif

Thank you, I have a pie crust and a can of "apples for pie".....you've given me the motivation to make it, and all I need is the ice crea......:clap:

I just want everyone to know, it's Jughead's darned fault: all day long, I have been longing for, nay, LUSTING for good old american apple pie and a huge (1 liter would do) dollop of ice cream on top!!

:D

So, after about 6 hours of prep last night and 14 hours of prep and painting, my place is now painted. Tomorrow is touch-up day, clean-up day.

My feet are killing me. 14 hours of painting is a bitch.

So, as a reward, once all is done tomorrow, I will hang out some in USMB and find a good thread to really like my inner Schweinehund out. :D

Please resist that urge.:eusa_hand:

schweinehund-von-lutz.jpeg

:lol:

fb.jpg

ApplePieALaMode.jpg

smilie_essen_042.gif

Don't forget to keep any eye out for your pie while it's cooling off. Someone might sneak a slice ... pies have also been known to disappear ... :lol:

fb.jpg

ApplePieALaMode.jpg

smilie_essen_042.gif

I just want everyone to know, it's Jughead's darned fault: all day long, I have been longing for, nay, LUSTING for good old american apple pie and a huge (1 liter would do) dollop of ice cream on top!!

:D
Stat, I hear there's a great place in Munich called "The House of Pies". It must be sheer heaven to shop in there, not to mention smelling all those goodies. I'd walk out of a place like that easily with a half dozen pies ... :thup:

Now if they would only brush themselves. with all of the rain we've been having the pool keeps getting a coating of algea. I have to brush the thing like every other day. the rain brings the PH down and algea loves that. but it was nice floating around in it later

these little guys were everywhere. you had to check under the lounge cushions or you'd sit on one

Last edited:

Forum List

Back