USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning everybody. I'm stuck on waiting for the electrician duty today--getting a new fan/light assembly installed in the master bedroom and a new front porch light. Hombre has volunteer duty at the hospital urgent care today so I'm it.

Small world, so am I. We have to get underground electrical marked or something like that before we can start to dig our back yard. It's gated so I have to be here.

I'm having fun on my computer though

h75591B2E

What a happy doggie!

I absolutely can't stand that bubble headed little skank.

Just my opinion.

same here. I'm so tired of negative role models.

Oy. Wasn't trying to awake bad feelings in anyone, really, I wasn't.

I must admit, I know very little of Miley Cyrus. Sorry if the pic offended some sensibilities.

Usually I get bullseyes around here with cool pics....

:)

not complaining about your post stat. no issues there at all. persoannly i am disapponted in miley. I think she used to be a positive role model for kids. i'm not sure what happened, whether it was to jumps start here career, prove to the world she was an adult or whatever. But IMO she gives a very bad model for young ladies to follow, which is who she appeals too. Maybe I'm getting old fashion in my old age. Or maybe its that i see first hand the issues many of my friends are having with their teenage daughters and I see with teen age girls in general. I think they are being bombarded with the wrong values in our current culture. and miley has become part of that wrong message. She has a huge following and its not my place to judge others. I would just rather see people with that much influence sending a better message.

Today's celebs no. 1 drinking coffee:

93fcfc7552b2de4d4b2d75f64baf58f9.jpg

Miley Cyrus and her mom.

Just my opinion.

She'll need to wait in line behind Justin Bieber. What with his charges of DUI, felony vandalism, resisting arrest...he sets an awful role-model for our young ones.

In regards to Miley, too bad she doesn't look up to her dad. He is a great role model for his daughter. I know he is not happy with her recent behavior, that's for sure.

Auch Dir wünsche ich einen guten Morgen, [MENTION=17441]Newby[/MENTION].

Mir geht es prächtig, danke.

Und es freut mich umso mehr zu wissen, daß es Dir gleichermaßen gut geht.

Herrlich!

Laß Dich hier im CS IV öfters blicken, wäre schön!

herzlichst,

Stat

(Google is your friend and helper!)

I wish you a good morning as well, Newby.

I am splendid, thanks.

And I am all the more happy for your knowledge, and that you likewise get better as you go?

Wonderful!

To see you occasionally here in CS IV, would be nice!

Sincerely,

Stat

How's that? :lol:

Nicht schlecht, gar nicht so schlecht, Kumpel.

Nächste Aufgabe...

:lol:

This one I didn't even have to look up any words, only a few in the first one... :lol:

Can Kumple refer to both male and female? If only for males, then you need to find the female version... ;)

Good morning everybody. I'm stuck on waiting for the electrician duty today--getting a new fan/light assembly installed in the master bedroom and a new front porch light. Hombre has volunteer duty at the hospital urgent care today so I'm it.

Small world, so am I. We have to get underground electrical marked or something like that before we can start to dig our back yard. It's gated so I have to be here.

I'm having fun on my computer though

LOL, me too. But the electrician has come and gone. Apparently we have lost power somewhere between the source and the switch that runs the fan/light assembly in the bedroom. So he didn't install the fan/light assembly and he also wouldn't replace the front porch light because it involved taking out some of the stucco around it. So we're back to square one.

I must admit, I know very little of Miley Cyrus. Sorry if the pic offended some sensibilities.

not complaining about your post stat. no issues there at all. persoannly i am disapponted in miley. I think she used to be a positive role model for kids. i'm not sure what happened, whether it was to jumps start here career, prove to the world she was an adult or whatever. But IMO she gives a very bad model for young ladies to follow, which is who she appeals too. Maybe I'm getting old fashion in my old age. Or maybe its that i see first hand the issues many of my friends are having with their teenage daughters and I see with teen age girls in general. I think they are being bombarded with the wrong values in our current culture. and miley has become part of that wrong message. She has a huge following and its not my place to judge others. I would just rather see people with that much influence sending a better message.

There are quite a few kid stars that have gone that route. I would imagine there are a number of factors involved, but trying to shed the 'childlike' image they get saddled with is probably a big one.

Just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, Stat, I wasn't saying you have some kind of nefarious reasons for posting pictures of who you do, that's not it at all.

I just truly think that little broad is one low life, trashy, little harlot, so, I took the liberty of expressing my opinion. I wish young girls didn't look up to tramps like that as role models.

Last edited:
Shoot! (You can't fool me, that's just shit with two oos......)
Went to drive my wife to work this morning, got about three blocks down the road and suddenly the faint thump, thump, thump became a loud, thump, thump, thump. Flat tire so I turnrd the car around got back to the house and took her in my truck.
Took the (brand new) tire in to the shop to have the nail removed and patched...... No good, the short distance I drove tore up the inside of the tire, exposing steel belts. He put a used tire on until the new one can be shipped in by Tuesday next week. :mad:

I wish you a good morning as well, Newby.

I am splendid, thanks.

And I am all the more happy for your knowledge, and that you likewise get better as you go?

Wonderful!

To see you occasionally here in CS IV, would be nice!

Sincerely,

Stat

How's that? :lol:

Nicht schlecht, gar nicht so schlecht, Kumpel.

Nächste Aufgabe...

:lol:

This one I didn't even have to look up any words, only a few in the first one... :lol:

Can Kumple refer to both male and female? If only for males, then you need to find the female version... ;)

Kumpelchen?

Summa youse guys sure read a lot into a simple picture of mother and daughter sipping coffee... :rolleyes:

Well, it's over. Our American Legion Post got the flags out on all the veteran's graves this morning. Looks nice. We did 3 cemeteries in 4 hours. Went pretty fast this year but then again we had 5 more people helping then what normally shows up to do this task. We had one member of the crew just walk the grave yards over to make sure we didn't miss anybody before we went to the next cemetery. It all worked out well for us. Now, I shall take it easy for the rest of the day! I feel a nap coming on... Just saying.

Summa youse guys sure read a lot into a simple picture of mother and daughter sipping coffee... :rolleyes:

Naw, its more like a knee jerk reaction--at least it was with me--to a symbol of everything we don't like in modern American culture. And Miley Cyrus is definitely one of those symbols as is Justin Bieber and others who flaunt their fame and think they don't need to exhibit good manners or be good role models. Admittedly they are not required to have good manners or be good role models and it is their perfect right to be whoever they choose to be. And it is my perfect right to think they are pretty disgusting. :)

Last edited:

Naw, its more like a knee jerk reaction--at least it was with me--to a symbol of everything we don't like in modern American culture. And Miley Cyrus is definitely one of those symbols as is Justin Bieber and others who flaunt their fame and think they don't need to exhibit good manners or be good role models. Admittedly they are not required to have good manners or be good role models and it is their perfect right to be whoever they choose to be. And it is my perfect right to think they are pretty disgusting. :)

It's still hard to derive that out of this picture. To me the most offensive thing in there is the "Iron Maiden" T-shirt, and that's a stretch. Call me crazy but I just see a mom and daughter sipping coffee. With smiles. :dunno:

It's still hard to derive that out of this picture. To me the most offensive thing in there is the "Iron Maiden" T-shirt, and that's a stretch. Call me crazy but I just see a mom and daughter sipping coffee. With smiles. :dunno:

Hmmm... Picture George Bush and Sarah Palin having coffee in that pic instead, understand now?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

There are quite a few kid stars that have gone that route. I would imagine there are a number of factors involved, but trying to shed the 'childlike' image they get saddled with is probably a big one.

and i hate them all lol

Forum List

Back