USMB Coffee Shop IV

same here. I'm so tired of negative role models.

Oy. Wasn't trying to awake bad feelings in anyone, really, I wasn't.

I must admit, I know very little of Miley Cyrus. Sorry if the pic offended some sensibilities.

Usually I get bullseyes around here with cool pics....

:)

not complaining about your post stat. no issues there at all. persoannly i am disapponted in miley. I think she used to be a positive role model for kids. i'm not sure what happened, whether it was to jumps start here career, prove to the world she was an adult or whatever. But IMO she gives a very bad model for young ladies to follow, which is who she appeals too. Maybe I'm getting old fashion in my old age. Or maybe its that i see first hand the issues many of my friends are having with their teenage daughters and I see with teen age girls in general. I think they are being bombarded with the wrong values in our current culture. and miley has become part of that wrong message. She has a huge following and its not my place to judge others. I would just rather see people with that much influence sending a better message.

I can understand that sentiment.

Like I said, I know almost nothing about her, and had no idea that posting one pic of her would cause some discomfort. Perhaps this was a good learning experience for us. I am certainly not upset that people were somehow upset by a picture, it's all part of the first amendment experience, but I am thankful that you gave an explanation as to why this was a problem for some people.

That being said, for every celeb who has been posted, I bet someone could find something negative about each and every one of them.

Live and let live, I say.

Is there some kind of stomach virus going around? Because if there is I just caught it. :(

Sometimes it is carpe diem and others the diem carpe's you instead! :D

Just had some major thunderstorms roll through, buckets of rain and some small hail. Power flickered off and on twice, have to reset all the electric clocks....... Sounds like it's not over yet......

I must admit, I know very little of Miley Cyrus. Sorry if the pic offended some sensibilities.

not complaining about your post stat. no issues there at all. persoannly i am disapponted in miley. I think she used to be a positive role model for kids. i'm not sure what happened, whether it was to jumps start here career, prove to the world she was an adult or whatever. But IMO she gives a very bad model for young ladies to follow, which is who she appeals too. Maybe I'm getting old fashion in my old age. Or maybe its that i see first hand the issues many of my friends are having with their teenage daughters and I see with teen age girls in general. I think they are being bombarded with the wrong values in our current culture. and miley has become part of that wrong message. She has a huge following and its not my place to judge others. I would just rather see people with that much influence sending a better message.

Like I said, I know almost nothing about her, and had no idea that posting one pic of her would cause some discomfort. Perhaps this was a good learning experience for us. I am certainly not upset that people were somehow upset by a picture, it's all part of the first amendment experience, but I am thankful that you gave an explanation as to why this was a problem for some people.

That being said, for every celeb who has been posted, I bet someone could find something negative about each and every one of them.

I could! It's a gift. :lol:

lol...

lol...

Seeing the negative is one of my defining characteristics. :eusa_whistle:

So we got a wet vac to try and clean up the carpets a bit, what with having the soon-to-be 5 year old and, currently, 2 dogs and a cat here (the little dog being only sort of potty trained). Anyway, we've cleaned all of the downstairs carpets recently. I just did my room 2 days ago, and put all my stuff back in yesterday after it had dried. So, of course, the cat decides that today is a perfect time to get a bunch of litter stuck on her fur and drop it off in my room. :mad:

Just can't win with these animals!

LOL, courage Montrovant. You'll survive petdom like we all have. :)

Summa youse guys sure read a lot into a simple picture of mother and daughter sipping coffee... :rolleyes:
I didn't pay much attention to the mother.

What I saw is the same little tramp that dances around almost naked, bends over and rubs her ass on a man's crotch, and then does swing naked from a wrecking ball. It's slutty, it's trashy, it's low rent, and she's a nasty little hag... but like I say, that's just my opinion.

As far as Stat posting it, I read NOTHING into that. Stat does do a great job of mixing it up, and to be quite honest, I've been amazed at how many pictures of celebs drinking coffee he's come up with. I've often wondered if he's got some secret, 'celebs drinking coffee pics' website or something... :lol:

So continue on Stat, don't pay my opinion no mind. We got into some pretty wound up discussions in here before but we all stay friends.

Last edited:

Summa youse guys sure read a lot into a simple picture of mother and daughter sipping coffee... :rolleyes:
I didn't pay much attention to the mother.

What I saw is the same little tramp that dances around almost naked, bends over and rubs her ass on a man's crotch, and then does swing naked from a wrecking ball. It's slutty, it's trashy, it's low rent, and she's a nasty little hag... and like I say, that's just my opinion.

As far as Stat posting it, I read NOTHING into that. Stat does do a great job of mixing it up, and to be quite honest, I've been amazed at how many pictures of celebs drinking coffee he's come up with. I've often wondered if he's got some secret, 'celebs drinking coffee pics' website or something... :lol:

So continue on Stat, don't pay my opinion no mind. We got into some pretty wound up discussions in here before but we all stay friends.

:thup:

to everyone.

:thup:

Not everyone is going to like everything. It's like a smorgasbord. Eat whatcha want.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I cannot recall any celebrities preforming so out of bounds when I was just a wee shaver. Sure there were polarizing figures. Muhammad Ali for example. Some people disliked him for his politics, others loved him for his stand. But no one disputed his athleticism or his charisma. The Beatles sang "I wanna hold your hand" and then the Rolling Stones sang "Let's spend the night together" and both were criticized for their hairstyles, not lifestyles.

Jim Morrison became legendary on stage in Miami Florida, but no one seemed to think less of him because there wasn't TMZ and Youtube to document what really went on. A lot of those rockers died, but aspersions were not heaped upon them for their fates.

But today in the era of instant and thorough communications, every transgression every misstep is documented and posted. These two kids, Cyrus and Beiber, came of age too late to survive being kids in the guise of adults.

I think any pop culture icon reflects the values they're swimming in at the time. In order to keep an attentive audience they'll usually find the edge of that envelope and push it along. In that sense I don't think we have anything going on now that hasn't always been the case.

In other words I don't think they're driving those values; they're trying to be in the front of it as a figurehead but they're really following values that are already trending.

riding in on the bust this morning i sat next to a late teens, maybe early 20's girl. she had on the headphoes and ws listening to music which i could still overhear. one of the songs i was like am i really hearing what i think i'm hearing. I was shocked. so anyway, this conversation reminded me of it again and i just googled the words i thought i heard. and damn, if i wasn't right.

Not sure how to use the spoiler here, because this definitely isn't work safe and this would definitely be found offensive by many. but IMO this is a little to far ahead of pop culture. and this is what teen girls are listening too?

I'll put the link to in case i don't get the spoiler right

KHIA - MY NECK MY BACK (DIRTY VERSION) LYRICS
OH MY FREAKIN' GAWD ..............
surprised-005.gif

What's the matter with kids today?

I think any pop culture icon reflects the values they're swimming in at the time. In order to keep an attentive audience they'll usually find the edge of that envelope and push it along. In that sense I don't think we have anything going on now that hasn't always been the case.

In other words I don't think they're driving those values; they're trying to be in the front of it as a figurehead but they're really following values that are already trending.

riding in on the bust this morning i sat next to a late teens, maybe early 20's girl. she had on the headphoes and ws listening to music which i could still overhear. one of the songs i was like am i really hearing what i think i'm hearing. I was shocked. so anyway, this conversation reminded me of it again and i just googled the words i thought i heard. and damn, if i wasn't right.

Not sure how to use the spoiler here, because this definitely isn't work safe and this would definitely be found offensive by many. but IMO this is a little to far ahead of pop culture. and this is what teen girls are listening too?

I'll put the link to in case i don't get the spoiler right

KHIA - MY NECK MY BACK (DIRTY VERSION) LYRICS
OH MY FREAKIN' GAWD ..............
surprised-005.gif

OH MY DOUBLE FREAKIN' G-D ..............:eek:

Those lyrics make twerking look like a church service by comparison....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back