USMB Coffee Shop IV

The floor is level. But I'm not sure I could walk on it steadily. . .

42990407_1020331901501829_752762687288508416_n.jpg

Hi all, recovering from the treatment for the bronchitis. Ended up using my Medicare (and paying my deductible) to see a doctor in Roswell yesterday. The steroids the ER prescribed (most effective treatment for bronchitis) caused my lower extremities to blow up like Macy's parade balloons, painful and difficult to walk except on water........
A shot of Lasix and a script to pick up today is reducing the edema, the bronchitis is gone but my allergies are going crazy. I slept in my bed this morning for the first time in two weeks, it was wonderful..... :D
I will be filing a complaint with the VA as the Artesia clinic and the VA Patient Advocate never called me back after I left multiple phone messages.
That all sounds perfectly horrible, Ringel. Hopefully, you'll pull through with flying colors (and I don't mean the blue and purple of edema).

That 007 sure does have some nice toys! For years I have envied all of the “boy toys” he comes up with. Way back when I had a 25th anniversary Camero. It was black with a red racing stripe, had t-tops and a red interior. However, it was nothing like the beast that 007 has. He’s da man I tell you. I’m green with envy. With his personality and demeanor I’m sure when he drives that thing down the street he suddenly becomes a huge chick magnet.

That 007 sure does have some nice toys! For years I have envied all of the “boy toys” he comes up with. Way back when I had a 25th anniversary Camero. It was black with a red racing stripe, had t-tops and a red interior. However, it was nothing like the beast that 007 has. He’s da man I tell you. I’m green with envy. With his personality and demeanor I’m sure when he drives that thing down the street he suddenly becomes a huge chick magnet.
Oh, Big Black Dog, it's so good to see you again. (I used to be called "freedombecki", but the penalty for forgetting one's password is pretty severe, so now I'm "beautress."

Took a drive up to Fort Sumner today, Not really much there. Yes we stopped at the Billy the Kid Museum even though we're not Billy the Kid fans. What I really enjoyed and was also disturbed by was the Fort Sumner Historic Site/Bosque Redondo Memorial. The fort was built as a supply depot/guard outpost for the newly formed, experimental reservation. Starting in 1863 over a three year period 500 Mescalero Apache and 8500 Navajo were rounded up and forced to march to the reservation, several hundred dying along the way and some were abducted by slavers. They were supposed to grow corn but not only was the soil unfit for corn what corn that did grow became food for the cut worms that inhabit the area forcing the government to provide sustenance for years. The Mescalero felt betrayed and all escaped the reservation returning to the Sacramento Mountains to hide. Eventually the Army sent General William T. Sherman to investigate reports of mistreatment which he found resulting in the treaty of 1868 which shut down the reservation allowing the Apache and Navajo to return to reservations formed on their original home lands.
The chosen site was ill conceived from the very beginning, the fort was built out of adobe on a flood plain, the Pecos River in that area is quite brackish, the site lacked an adequate wood supply and the reservation essentially became a prison camp, disease was rampant. General James H. Carleton who had conceived and headed the experiment was finally replaced when public opinion turned against him and his grand failure.

WQ and I had our first sleepover with the Granddaughter last night. She was an angel. :eusa_angel: Today she turned 1 month and she was awesome for her photo shoot. :smile:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
ricechickie for trouble free healing and wellness,
BigBlackDog for comfort and effective treatment
TK
Sixfoot for an accurate diagnosis and wellness,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Healing for Ringel and Mrs. R's Gizmo
Gracie
Hombre's sister
The Ringels moving in difficult transition and wellness for Ringel

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away for awhile can find their way back. And rejoice whenever somebody does!!!!

It's that time of year that some call Indian Summer when the cloud trees begin to bloom.
43192751_1976487675778916_3322834051647143936_n.jpg

I made oat-currant scones this morning. They are so delish fresh out of the oven. I think this is all I will eat today.

No fall weather in Florida yet. Today was football and laundry. I made queso, hot wings, pizza and chocolate chip cookies to munch on during the games.

Looks like you guys are going to get at least the edge of that storm trying to be a hurricane out there in the Gulf:

Happy Columbus Day. I’ve always wondered how he ended up in Ohio. Seems like he would have landed on the coast some place. Go figure...

Forum List

Back