USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm back from the east coast had a lot of fun. I visited Delaware, Maryland and PA. How's everyone doing has fall set in where you live?

Hey Drifter. Sounds like a wonderful trip. The trees are just now starting to turn here in the city, but the aspens on the mountains are really beginning to show their best color now. The balloons along with hundreds of thousands of extra people are in town this week for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta and they are pretty colorful. We aren't trotting out Albuquerque's best October weather for them though--very cool, okay COLD in the mornings, too breezy much of the time, and threatening rain every day.

Finally finished my latest project, wore it when I went out today and already have one person interested.

iItfy-nE5ytdWsnrv2xhR9S_VbRRHpTXgtk_i9JuEWy8tvQydPWkpdOuK0BYX5Q1nSAVzDtrSk4TuwwLTHC4T6t_ZzTTtFdoec4FxtuOxCof3GxXYgMznhP3qjAf4m6RzV1MvRP18J_Z4wmZPhJIRKjnjx_nnul94CZKQKZl0-O__m78xCM6LIBwhYxyQlQZ02Wi_6pAky6c2dk_XNwnMoithlZx9Tl93wD8W6UNVRZnzdPu1uEeLUYb6zLou1SCM04v0eZm_pnpY-rGhCuRd0AyVprT7mmpzYjSe42C8Fm-jv_bazfOGEEmszfBtdkNAV47_ry49QbRwtTbqhcy4GEg2o14Mck8e1sntfcwVeBOWodZ5_goKEqYGGgzrfJIuos85iG63wjSiuOesDvvVMcFo7gg7-GIfi2z8g-h5x6jQdsSEFyKn7EmFv4nrZE-AzeBUJAltP2BVIW7iem-AG_C4t844U6iqkOfHtXHPFJvwNVwsTdu2Xeb8kUaMKl6GNKRNzUHGzqxLdkq9yzc1h7ok6elXa0o0FVUYxF1Zv3ScAc133TMl2ei9O0_bxQEyTXLFUao4_ohvlJTDbr4eAqkTEIoGNgYGEdwn3gcW8EkgP4EQhB6PEMAwte1vAo=w582-h868-no

Finally finished my latest project, wore it when I went out today and already have one person interested.

iItfy-nE5ytdWsnrv2xhR9S_VbRRHpTXgtk_i9JuEWy8tvQydPWkpdOuK0BYX5Q1nSAVzDtrSk4TuwwLTHC4T6t_ZzTTtFdoec4FxtuOxCof3GxXYgMznhP3qjAf4m6RzV1MvRP18J_Z4wmZPhJIRKjnjx_nnul94CZKQKZl0-O__m78xCM6LIBwhYxyQlQZ02Wi_6pAky6c2dk_XNwnMoithlZx9Tl93wD8W6UNVRZnzdPu1uEeLUYb6zLou1SCM04v0eZm_pnpY-rGhCuRd0AyVprT7mmpzYjSe42C8Fm-jv_bazfOGEEmszfBtdkNAV47_ry49QbRwtTbqhcy4GEg2o14Mck8e1sntfcwVeBOWodZ5_goKEqYGGgzrfJIuos85iG63wjSiuOesDvvVMcFo7gg7-GIfi2z8g-h5x6jQdsSEFyKn7EmFv4nrZE-AzeBUJAltP2BVIW7iem-AG_C4t844U6iqkOfHtXHPFJvwNVwsTdu2Xeb8kUaMKl6GNKRNzUHGzqxLdkq9yzc1h7ok6elXa0o0FVUYxF1Zv3ScAc133TMl2ei9O0_bxQEyTXLFUao4_ohvlJTDbr4eAqkTEIoGNgYGEdwn3gcW8EkgP4EQhB6PEMAwte1vAo=w582-h868-no

Honestly I can't imagine anybody around here wearing that except for special occasions where they really wanted to be noticed or attract attention in a fun special event or maybe a costume party. But it does have its charms.

Last edited:

2017-10-21-Anchorman-blind.png

;)
Chromophobic? :dunno:

60% or more of my shirts are black. :lol:
I have pocket ts in just about every color. :thup:

So do Hombre and me though I do try to color coordinate with what goes best with our skin tones. We both like colorful 'dressy' tees suitable for wearing to the grocery store and Walmart and stuff. He wants the pockets. I don't.

Like Montro we both went through a phase of preferring most black or very dark blue, as did our daughter, but we all emerged into preference for brighter stuff.

2017-10-21-Anchorman-blind.png

;)
Chromophobic? :dunno:

60% or more of my shirts are black. :lol:
I have pocket ts in just about every color. :thup:

So do Hombre and me though I do try to color coordinate with what goes best with our skin tones. We both like colorful 'dressy' tees suitable for wearing to the grocery store and Walmart and stuff. He wants the pockets. I don't.

Like Montro we both went through a phase of preferring most black or very dark blue, as did our daughter, but we all emerged into preference for brighter stuff.
Oh Foxy, pockets on t-shirts? Thanks for reminding me: Time to take them to Goodwill!

Here, it's raining, raining, raining, raining....
Pretty much been doing that, to a lesser degree here also, monsoon season which is almost over.
So you moved from the area where Katharine Lee Bates wrote, "O beautiful, for spacious skies, for Amber saves of grain.." ? :eek-52:
I'm in New Mexico on the high chaparral.
Wow, you have moved from one majestic scenery state to another, Ringel. My dear one and I drove through lovely state of New Mexico several times going here and there in our years in Wyoming. It's so scenic there with spacious vistas, punctuated with beautiful high lands and mountains. I was looking up turquoise when I purchased a turquoise-beads necklace years ago, and it seems there are a lot of precious stones in New Mexico, and a mine with some of the most beautiful turquoise ever found somewhere in the state.

johnnybullmine.jpg

Still not one day below freezing here. We got close a couple of weeks ago when it dropped to 33F over night. The leaves are pretty much all gone for the deciduous trees, of course the spruce remain green, those that have not been attacked by the infamous spruce bark beetles.
Our young friend is coming back over this weekend to help finish raising the barn (putting on the roof trusses). The partner paid him $400, which was unsolicited but the youngster is well worth paying. They're bringing a trailer load of hay, which I will have the privilege of unloading and stacking. Oh, well, someone has to do everything else. I'm still way behind on my wood splitting/stacking. Fortunately, I've only had to fire up the wood burner once and that was to dry out the clothes wet from working in the rain.
The daughter called last night, too! As the wife of a senior NCO, she's a de facto den mother for all the junior wives. The younger, less experienced military wives tend to seek out the daughter for advice and assistance. It's amazing the things they get up to. The D's latest project is helping a gal who inherited her husbands poorly trained and unruly dog. She compounded the problem by getting her own puppy. Now, she's discovered that the larger, older dog is not only food aggressive, but horribly food aggressive. Daughter's recommendation: re-home the aggressive dog and keep the puppy. Young wife's choice, just the opposite. I explained to the daughter that free advice is often unheeded and she should not feel slighted when hers is treated that way, too.
I was watching the Albuquerque balloons on the internet. Those things are fantastic! Maybe some day I'll get the time to go see them in person. I'd also like to go to the Reno Air Show, too...Alas, somedays come slowly, if ever...

Still not one day below freezing here. We got close a couple of weeks ago when it dropped to 33F over night. The leaves are pretty much all gone for the deciduous trees, of course the spruce remain green, those that have not been attacked by the infamous spruce bark beetles.
Our young friend is coming back over this weekend to help finish raising the barn (putting on the roof trusses). The partner paid him $400, which was unsolicited but the youngster is well worth paying. They're bringing a trailer load of hay, which I will have the privilege of unloading and stacking. Oh, well, someone has to do everything else. I'm still way behind on my wood splitting/stacking. Fortunately, I've only had to fire up the wood burner once and that was to dry out the clothes wet from working in the rain.
The daughter called last night, too! As the wife of a senior NCO, she's a de facto den mother for all the junior wives. The younger, less experienced military wives tend to seek out the daughter for advice and assistance. It's amazing the things they get up to. The D's latest project is helping a gal who inherited her husbands poorly trained and unruly dog. She compounded the problem by getting her own puppy. Now, she's discovered that the larger, older dog is not only food aggressive, but horribly food aggressive. Daughter's recommendation: re-home the aggressive dog and keep the puppy. Young wife's choice, just the opposite. I explained to the daughter that free advice is often unheeded and she should not feel slighted when hers is treated that way, too.
I was watching the Albuquerque balloons on the internet. Those things are fantastic! Maybe some day I'll get the time to go see them in person. I'd also like to go to the Reno Air Show, too...Alas, somedays come slowly, if ever...
Sounds like colorful awe I always felt in Casper, Wyoming,l when seeing hot air balloons in the skies. *sigh* Not sure where this one is, but I searched for "Alburqueque balloon show, 2018," when this came up in Bing images...

The-Balloon-Fiesta-1030x687.jpg

It's late, and I haven't eaten today. Guess it's one more solo trip to Olive Garden tonight. Thanks for the chat everyone.

Pretty much been doing that, to a lesser degree here also, monsoon season which is almost over.
So you moved from the area where Katharine Lee Bates wrote, "O beautiful, for spacious skies, for Amber saves of grain.." ? :eek-52:

He indeed did move from Colorado to El Paso, then Albuquerque, and now Roswell NM. We had the pleasure of meeting him when he was here and he did not disappoint. The Ringel here in the Coffee Shop is quite a bit the real Ringel. :)

I honestly felt a sense of loss when he announced the move to Roswell. He and Mrs. R didn't live far from us and though we didn't really visit back and forth, I liked knowing they were over there.

He indeed did move from Colorado to El Paso, then Albuquerque, and now Roswell NM. We had the pleasure of meeting him when he was here and he did not disappoint. The Ringel here in the Coffee Shop is quite a bit the real Ringel. :)

I honestly felt a sense of loss when he announced the move to Roswell. He and Mrs. R didn't live far from us and though we didn't really visit back and forth, I liked knowing they were over there.
Yup, we were only a few blocks from each other and we would love to move back to Albuquerque but that may not happen. The wife is still working at Job Corps but is interviewing later this week for a New Mexico state regional medical director position here in Roswell, double the income so we may end up here permanently.

Yesterday I threw together a dinner, had thawed hamburger which I really didn't know what to do with so I cooked it up with some ground onion and garlic, about a pound and a half of small red potatoes (diced), salt, pepper, crushed rosemary, some crumbled bacon then added a can of chicken, broccoli, potato soup and half a bag of frozen cut green beans. Turned out to be quite good, just finished off the leftovers this evening for dinner.

Forum List

Back