USMB Coffee Shop IV

"Please send extra prayers or positive vibes to Sherry and WelfareQueen who are again in the path of a dangerous hurricane bearing down on the Florida west coast and panhandle tonight. If it changes its track even a little bit, Kat and Ernie S could also be in harms way." ................ Lady Foxfyre..:smiliehug:

--------------

I'm praying for them and wishing them all the best..

mmm .. we're flying into Atlanta, GA Friday night to eventually end up at my youngest daughters bootcamp graduation and then driving her to A.I.T. near Newport News VA , it should be interesting.. We sure miss that little Darlin.

again, praying and wishing all goes well..

It's a Cat4 now.

You should be fine though Lumpy 1

I'm optimistic, my Kat (Mrs.Lumpy) not so much, she does all the worrying for us....

"Please send extra prayers or positive vibes to Sherry and WelfareQueen who are again in the path of a dangerous hurricane bearing down on the Florida west coast and panhandle tonight. If it changes its track even a little bit, Kat and Ernie S could also be in harms way." ................ Lady Foxfyre..:smiliehug:

--------------

mmm .. we're flying into Atlanta, GA Friday night to eventually end up at my youngest daughters bootcamp graduation and then driving her to A.I.T. near Newport News VA , it should be interesting.. We sure miss that little Darlin.. (our second soldier).. :salute:

You keep a weather eye out too, Lumpy. I'm thinking the storm should be well inland on Friday but probably past Georgia. SeaGal is somewhere in Florida but I'm thinking more easterly where she would be mostly out of harm's way. If not, she is included.

And Montrovant who I think is in more western Georgia is in the heavier storm track too.

Last edited:
Tracking the storm this morning, looks like Panama City is in the bullseye but they say pretty much everybody has evacuated. That is a market area of more than a million people. I can't imagine the logistics of moving that many people inland but I suppose most have friends and family they can bunk with. I'm pretty sure the hotels will all be full.

The Weather Channel was reporting that nobody living in the Florida Panhandle has experienced a storm of this size and intensity so they are hoping all are taking the dangers of it very seriously.

Tracking the storm this morning, looks like Panama City is in the bullseye but they say pretty much everybody has evacuated. That is a market area of more than a million people. I can't imagine the logistics of moving that many people inland but I suppose most have friends and family they can bunk with. I'm pretty sure the hotels will all be full.

The Weather Channel was reporting that nobody living in the Florida Panhandle has experienced a storm of this size and intensity so they are hoping all are taking the dangers of it very seriously.
Looks like they may have gotten it right this time, looks pretty bad. Keeping everyone in the hurricane track in our prayers.

Fall is definitely here, heavy overcast with temps in the mid 40s. Actually had to wear a jacket this morning and warm up the car when I took the wife to work.

Sending all my positive thoughts and vibes to our friends and family in the path of our latest natural disaster. Batten the hatches and keep a weather eye out, y'all!
Here, it rained last night and the sun broke through this morning. It looks like it's going to be another grand day. While the temps are falling, we still haven't had a frozen night, or day, yet. I'm not complaining, certainly. Predictions for the coming week have us in the mid-40s to mid-50s. Every week that passes like this is a reprieve for us in the Frozen North.
The well digger called this morning and thinks he'll make it out next weekend. After the well is dug and they know more about the water level and how much natural head pressure we have, etc, he'll call in the guy who actually installs the pump. What a joy this will be, having "running" water on the place. No more dragging 5-gallon jugs of water from town. Oh, yeah, no city water, either!
Again, good luck for all who need our best.

--------------

mmm .. we're flying into Atlanta, GA Friday night to eventually end up at my youngest daughters bootcamp graduation and then driving her to A.I.T. near Newport News VA , it should be interesting.. We sure miss that little Darlin.. (our second soldier).. :salute:

We got off okay Lumpy. Some wind and rain but nothing real bad. The folks on the panhandle are the ones I am thinking about. Very serious Hurricane.

--------------

We got off okay Lumpy. Some wind and rain but nothing real bad. The folks on the panhandle are the ones I am thinking about. Very serious Hurricane.

Great that your doing fine and thanks for letting us know, wow, it sure picked up some wind speed and that storm surge is looking really serious. It looks like our plans are still working out and I just talked to my daughter, she actually got a call out for good behavior. We've only actually talked to her maybe 20 minutes in the the last 2 months.

Glad your doing fine and hope you keep in touch. I've been missing you and Sherry"s unique humor around here. I'm not updated on your goings on and challenges but I do always wish y'all the best.

Last edited:
So far gusty winds, and some rain here. I do not know if there is to be more or not.

Our daughter arrived yesterday for a week visit and she and I spent most of the day shopping. It was fun but it sure reminded me that I'm not 30 any more. I was dragging something awful by the time we got home. It was fun though.

We're monitoring the hurricane on the Weather Channel here as they are doing 24/7 coverage of it. Maybe it won't be as horrendous as feared but probably too early to tell. Glad that Kat and Sherry/Welfare Queen haven't had severe weather and maybe you won't.

--------------

Best wishes, WQ. Hope you are safe through this storm.

We had some mild squalls go through, but nothing that caused any damage. The more serious threat is flooding from the storm surge, but so far nothing major. I knew that with such an historic storm in the panhandle that there would be some fatalities, and now that's been confirmed.

Forum List

Back