USMB Coffee Shop IV

Observed on the subway this week. I think we can safely say, only in New York?

48406794_10215472535580245_1967152492525387776_n.jpg

Nobody? Okay I'll say it.

That guy's got some balls.

Dang it I missed Kat's birthday last Thursday. So since we're past mid month now and my schedule is so full through New Year's Day now, I'll just honor all our December birthdays at the same time: Sheila is a Christmas Eve baby and Pogo's is on the 29th.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DECEMBER COFFEE SHOPPERS
Kat
Againsheila
Pogo

IMG_6069.JPG

Thank you FF. :)

Dang it I missed Kat's birthday last Thursday. So since we're past mid month now and my schedule is so full through New Year's Day now, I'll just honor all our December birthdays at the same time: Sheila is a Christmas Eve baby and Pogo's is on the 29th.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DECEMBER COFFEE SHOPPERS
Kat
Againsheila
Pogo

IMG_6069.JPG

Thank you FF. :)
images

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Drifter's friend's mother now homeless
Montrovant in difficult transition
Nosmo's mom back in the hospital
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.
Gracie & Mr. G for positive trend to continue.
Ringel and Mrs. R as both await impending surgery.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

Christmas Tree and Nativity Scene St. Peter's Basilica Rome
Christmas_tree_and_Navity_scene_in_St_Peters_Square_on_Dec_7_2017_Credit_LOsservatore_Romano_CNA.jpg

Well, my latest painting is progressing, I have ups and downs ,and keep thinking its no good. I painted a nice background with the sun, and clouds, but then I messed up the angel in the foreground. I am hoping I can fix it, and if so I will post a picture of it.
It's always difficult to please one's self as an artist.

That's for sure. That applies to all manner of art--performance, literary, drawings/paintings, photographers, sculptors, etc. The artist is his/her most severe critic and often overly harsh.

I have to write though I've never finished a book that I've started. But I've often wondered if the Micheners, Lee Childs, Clancys, Dick Francis, et al of the world turned out as sloppy looking prose as I do in their first drafts. So I've tried typing out a page or two from one of their works and yeah, with all the typos and corrections etc., their stuff doesn't look any better than mine. I don't consider myself even remotely in their class of course, but I would lay odds that Monet, Michelangelo, Van Gogh et al were never really satisfied with a single one of their works. :)

Well, I think the spirit world have been inspiring me to paint. But the way its going I don't see why they bothered.
My latest effort is looking like a sticky mess. When I started it I had high hopes, but its gone down hill.
I would not be so fed up if it was just on hardboard that cost nothing. But I decided to try and be more professional, so I purchased some canvases on stretcher frames, and they are expensive to waste.

See what I mean above. The angel and the clouds below and behind her are unfinished. But it is just a mess and I don't know if I can finish it well enough to bother.

Well, I think the spirit world have been inspiring me to paint. But the way its going I don't see why they bothered.
My latest effort is looking like a sticky mess. When I started it I had high hopes, but its gone down hill.
I would not be so fed up if it was just on hardboard that cost nothing. But I decided to try and be more professional, so I purchased some canvases on stretcher frames, and they are expensive to waste.
When I was trying my hand at painting only one turned out in a way I was somewhat satisfied. Before I got to that point I had gessoed over two other attempts on the same canvas.

Forum List

Back