USMB Coffee Shop IV

I had two visions in my head with my eyes closed, and the above picture was an attempt to paint one of them. Naturally the vision was far better than the painting has turned out. So I have decided to give the above picture a rest, and start the other vision. The problem is the next picture is going to be far more difficult and take a lot more work. It is of three angels standing in a wood with light streaming down through the trees. But if I can't make a success of some clouds what chance have I of painting trees with sunlight streaming through them.

Well I am going to start by drawing the outline of the angels and the trees in coloured pencils. Then painting yellow sunlight at the top of the picture, then paint green all over the canvas except for the figures.so that will leave the outline of the angels. When that has dried I will paint light rays streaming down, then I will have to let that layer dry too. After that the actual painting begins, and I will paint in the trees and branches. Finally the angels. I use resin called liquin to mix my oil paints and that dries overnight. So I can start work painting on the underpainting the following day. If you use linseed oil it takes a couple of weeks to try enough to paint over it.

Well that's the plan. I hope this one works.

Regatta (cut color paper).

BuPUDQLW7E5UrDkbmSrZ5pvwMYDhyhGsF8Cdm4wo4qAJI6fEMIPdksguJERagr2KUSRbbRSX8ACIdfDlT631cmMyNrSFgPwrIcR1OYzCBUQr5OtcuBI4eVUqDdlsBpzvYmfeRLHA96FsY5ZuRuPXgp1weR8RIvI2lgzXkxT3xCdhLsvkL4HQtJr7J46RZ1DWRDBgTgRrpmHJdusw6ayfM4TI7Qwf-PnGQs8oIBWyIiZXj7SBWWORBjl_DucPiyK9PaZ0G0R7Z-kraOwTdh4QDdU77KaxqhFh57Xznr5ok-u1AZS6dgHLOG47y8Ggv1Z56nUNPxFZfw8XmXJb3jljsGABovDXyEvlqhXn1nNESO07OZ07WZShz2VK-lCfg8jwNMhT9_ZWob-CNQ4hWR4Pm_VBHgCzk_FVQxb4nUXIqHlzLLPWAlUe72hTlAHufAPY-uBLjjgS0mNzY-pwN4AsSvb4onLv229EhX3knj3lD4_aNfhEcbgt85674IFuAtFIogR39QfdcDX0qa6Y9TC4sU7dpCXQQF8q0uzq4qC_bIPc3heFLvhI8y0hk2zP5UM1PzHk8Sr7YK85W3vWlRlkRokWaHAgjT-5YqU0ca-fzwvbZo_krtEb6559stgKyD-1Gwt6EomOyiQa-EQNQijgwYpn=w1363-h912-no

Did it decades ago and even though I've tried to keep it protected it's kind of beat up.

Well... it's trade in time again... kinda soon but... I have to be realistic here. So I just recently bought the new 2017 2SS Camaro but, I've regretted trading in my big 2015 Silverado ever since. Yes it was fun to own a dream car, but I can't drive that on a vacation thousands of miles across the country, or the older 2005 Suburban I bought to drive in the winter, or my 1997 collector GMC... so... a buddy of mine wants the GMC bad, so tomorrow, that's gone, then I'm trading the Suburban AND the new Camaro in on this...

Jones Chevrolet Buick - Buick, Chevrolet Dealer Serving Richland Center

I won't have a vehicle sitting outside, I won't have to pay insurance on three vehicles, I'll have an open bay in the shop to work on projects, and I'll have a brand new, top of the line, Chevy truck.

Why didn't I think of this when I bought the Camaro you might ask? Well, my problem is... I want them ALL, I'm a car nut, and owning another dream hotrod was kinda on the punch list, but like I say, I can't keep it. I just can't afford to have them ALL. I'm not rich enough to own $120,000.00 worth of brand new vehicles, and if I wait until the Camaro is paid off, I'll be one tick shy of 70 years old, and I'm not going to wait that long to buy another nice truck. I want to take more vacations, and the new Chevy High Country will do that in extreme style. I can pay that off with no worries about needing a different vehicle.

We've had a frustrating 24 hours with all our TVs, internet, and land line out for more than 24 hours. It seems a power surge or something blew the circuit the big TV is plugged into in the great room and as a result the amplifier that controls everything in the house was not getting power. We had no idea how all that worked but were relieved it was something that simple to fix; i.e. run an extension cord from our all purpose surge protector to another plug.

Sooner or later we will need to have an electrician out to fix the blown one.

There is something magical about a new pick-up truck. Congrats on the decision, 007. Enjoy.
Went over and drove it today, has 54 miles on it, and I can say, unequivocally, that's the it's the nicest vehicle I've ever driven or been in, in my life, it's just unbelievable, the interior is just stunning, but with a $61,610.00 price tag, it should be. Getting real lucky with rebates and sale special that have been applied. Now is the time to buy it for sure. A friend is buying my collector GMC tomorrow morning, and then I'll head over and get the new High Country paid for. We hammered out an acceptable deal today, and I haggled right down to the last $250... :lol:

20181220-144538.jpg

Last edited:
We went back up to Albuquerque today, saw the OB GYN Oncologist at UNM. She's been in this line of work for at least 30 years and is also a surgical oncologist. As to surgery she says not no, hell no, it won't do any good at this point and could even make it worse, the best course of action is chemo NOW!!! She seemed to allude that the original hysterectomy actually made the cancer spread and that the wife should have had close monitoring from the get-go. Finally a doctor who seems to know what is really going on and is straight forward. She also stated that going to MD Anderson in Houston is simply a waste of time and money unless we want a second opinion....... fourth opinion in our case....... so we'll cancel that trip and move forward from here.
She's also the first doctor who didn't beat around the bush and came right out and told us the wife's cancer is Stage 4, the worst stage and the hardest to treat successfully. We will see her local oncologist tomorrow morning and find out when she can start treatment.

Mrs. BBD is in the kitchen baking Christmas cookies. She won’t let me in there and says that at this point she doesn’t need any “quality control”, advice, or suggestions from me. She wants me to go find something to do outside far away from the kitchen. What’s a fella to do???

I have batch of dough rising - will make 4 dozen dinner rolls for Christmas Even dinner in a bit. So, just listening to Christmas Music (currently Ottmar Liebert's "Poets & Angels").

Very happy day chez boe.

I have batch of dough rising - will make 4 dozen dinner rolls for Christmas Even dinner in a bit. So, just listening to Christmas Music (currently Ottmar Liebert's "Poets & Angels").

Very happy day chez boe.
Send some my way........

As for Christmas music I'm listening to Bob Rivers.

Very happy day chez boe.
Send some my way........

Just about to pop the first batch into the oven!

I'm diggin' on the Carpenters' Christmas Portrait!

Very happy day chez boe.
Send some my way........

I think I'm gonna puke.......

Very happy day chez boe.
Send some my way........

Awwwwwwww...their Christmas songs are wonderful! PBS played had a Carpenters' Christmas marathon a few years ago that I listened to while decorating the tree. I was drinking a rather festive wine, hence my memories were locked in as being quite favorable. So I bough the CD.

Very happy day chez boe.
Send some my way........

Awwwwwwww...their Christmas songs are wonderful! PBS played had a Carpenters' Christmas marathon a few years ago that I listened to while decorating the tree. I was drinking a rather festive wine, hence my memories were locked in as being quite favorable. So I bough the CD.

I don't do traditional Christmas songs, I do twisted Christmas songs.........

Forum List

Back