USMB Coffee Shop IV

Only 364 shopping days left until Christmas!
We have new rules for gifts for next year. We agreed between the younger sister and I and her husband, since we're the only immediate family we have around here, that next year we're to give only one vintage gift, an antique, a collectible. That way it doesn't have to be personal, or something that person needs, because buying gifts has become such a pain. I like the idea. I can get creative with that since I hit auctions full of the stuff all Spring, Summer and Fall. I have a good eye for antiques.

At an auction last summer I bought two old vintage "embossed" axes. One the handle was broken off and the second wasn't in very good shape. I gave like $15 for one and $20 for the other. Well, I cut the old handles off and cleaned them up and the Black Raven axe head brought $300 on ebay, and the A. Tredway & Sons brought $350. That's what I call a great "flip." Wish I could do that once a week. I'll surely be keeping my eyes peeled for old axes at auctions from now on, since I often see many old yard and hand tools.

BBD double bitted axes scare me... They look a lot like work:ack-1:...

My ex-wife made me pull over at what I thought was going to be a really junk garage sale and I scored big time... I seen a lamp that looked rather strange and studing on it a little longer I seen that someone had made a lamp out of a solid oak 'block' from a hay loft Block and Tackle...

589d5c70e394e91b7cd4ca0801f01175.jpg

This is a reasonable facsimile of my find... Five dollars was the asking price and I offered a dollar and took it home... I took the lamp apart and hung the pully up in our store/diner... About 6 months later some woman was in the Diner eating and wanted to buy it... The cook called me and said the woman wanted to give me $50.00 for it... I really didn't want to sell it so I declined the $50. bucks... The cook told the lady and she offered a $100.00... I told the cook to put Ben Franklin under the cash drawer in the register and I would get it later...

Life is good...

I have no idea what's going on. I have links to pictures not too many posts back that work fine from the same web hosting site. Just posted the same links on another website and they work fine. Something fishy going on here.

Maybe I've been banned from posting pictures in the C.S., or anywhere here... IDK... the links work fine on other websites.

Last edited:
That looks pretty interesting so far, Dajjal. The colors are so warm, yet the presentation is subdued and subtle. Keep it up, you still have more to do, I sense.

Thanks, I decided to paint out the angel because I could not finish it well enough. So now it will just be a cloudscape with the sun. I hope to do better with my next effort.
Are you planning anything for the foreground?

No I am just going to leave it as a background. It is not what I wanted, but the angel did not work.

Well a salesman talked me into getting a fibre optic upgrade to my internet. It will be much faster and I will have unlimited access. So I could watch films on the internet. If I can find any.

I have no idea what's going on. I have links to pictures not too many posts back that work fine from the same web hosting site. Just posted the same links on another website and they work fine. Something fishy going on here.

Maybe I've been banned from posting pictures in the C.S., or anywhere here... IDK... the links work fine on other websites.

Are the other websites using a Xenforo platform? I have had to adjust a few things here that were different on vBulletin and more and more photos have copyright protections that prevent us from posting them on various websites. And you have been posting other photos just fine. I don't think they can photo ban you without banning all of you. :)

Well a salesman talked me into getting a fibre optic upgrade to my internet. It will be much faster and I will have unlimited access. So I could watch films on the internet. If I can find any.
There are a combination of paid subscription and free services. YouTube has lot's of older movies but you have to hunt for them.
Here are a few free ones, well at least here in the US.

https://www.sonycrackle.com/movies?...MI3JrmzujA3wIVA8ZkCh2_jgTPEAAYASAAEgK6O_D_BwE

Dailymotion (headquartered in France)

https://www.dailymotion.com/us

Here's a list of 2018 legal free movie sites.

Top 14 Free Movie Download Websites | Completely Legal In 2018

There are a combination of paid subscription and free services. YouTube has lot's of older movies but you have to hunt for them.

https://www.sonycrackle.com/movies?utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=Crackle_Library_-_US_-_Generic_-_EXT_-_Desktop&utm_term=watch movies online&utm_content=notfound&cmpid=HMI_google_search_c_0_0_NB_268505765181_0_0_0_0_1396997167_51952151461_watch movies online|e_kwd-89955100&utm_id=go_1396997167_51952151461_268505765181_kwd-89955100_c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3JrmzujA3wIVA8ZkCh2_jgTPEAAYASAAEgK6O_D_BwE

More UK oriented ones.

Top ten ways to watch films online (legally)

And

10 Live TV Streaming Sites To Watch Live Channels Legally

https://www.sonycrackle.com/movies?utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=Crackle_Library_-_US_-_Generic_-_EXT_-_Desktop&utm_term=watch movies online&utm_content=notfound&cmpid=HMI_google_search_c_0_0_NB_268505765181_0_0_0_0_1396997167_51952151461_watch movies online|e_kwd-89955100&utm_id=go_1396997167_51952151461_268505765181_kwd-89955100_c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3JrmzujA3wIVA8ZkCh2_jgTPEAAYASAAEgK6O_D_BwE

More UK oriented ones.

Top ten ways to watch films online (legally)

And

10 Live TV Streaming Sites To Watch Live Channels Legally
Plus the Roku Channel you can now stream direct on your PC.

Roku

Ringel05 hate it that you and the squeeze are having such a difficult time medically here lately... Really do hope things smooth out for both of you... Rough patches can be a real bitch...
As a wise man once said "Live long and Prosper"...

So the replacement computer for the one that died arrived Christmas Eve. Booted up for about five minutes then went black screen. We checked all connections inside and out, ran all the diagnostics possible and ultimately proclaimed it to have a bad mother board or dead hard drive. It was returned to the store yesterday (Wednesday) morning and I ordered another guaranteed to be delivered tomorrow, Friday. It is snowing like crazy here and we have blizzard warnings beginning around midnight tonight up to Saturday morning. I wonder how tough UPS or Fed Ex is????

We need the snow and the mountains should get a lot of it. And maybe still another storm out there? Checked to be sure Dana and Aunt Betty are secure and have enough groceries for the duration. Hope all of the Coffee Shoppers are doing well.

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Drifter's friend's mother now homeless
Montrovant in difficult transition
Nosmo's mom back in the hospital
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.
Gracie & Mr. G for positive trend to continue.
Ringel and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

There is something both beautiful, profound, and terrifying about a severe winter storm
WinterBlizzard-min.jpg

And here's something to suit that picture:

Storm
Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1803 - 1882

Announced by all the trumpets of the sky,
Arrives the snow, and, driving o’er the fields,
Seems nowhere to alight: the whited air
Hides hills and woods, the river, and the heaven,
And veils the farmhouse at the garden’s end.
The sled and traveler stopped, the courier’s feet
Delayed, all friends shut out, the housemates sit
Around the radiant fireplace, enclosed
In a tumultuous privacy of storm.

Come see the north wind’s masonry.
Out of an unseen quarry evermore
Furnished with tile, the fierce artificer
Curves his white bastions with projected roof
Round every windward stake, or tree, or door.
Speeding, the myriad-handed, his wild work
So fanciful, so savage, nought cares he
For number or proportion. Mockingly,
On coop or kennel he hangs Parian wreaths;
A swan-like form invests the hidden thorn;
Fills up the farmer’s lane from wall to wall,
Maugre the farmer’s sighs; and, at the gate,
A tapering turret overtops the work.
And when his hours are numbered, and the world
Is all his own, retiring, as he were not,
Leaves, when the sun appears, astonished Art
To mimic in slow structures, stone by stone,