USMB Coffee Shop IV

I suppose for somebody paying $1,600 rent plus utilities and maintenance, that would be savings. For people like us it would be extremely expensive plus I like having space for us both to pursue our interests, room to entertain family and friends that we do a lot, space for overnight guests--we have a LOT of those--and we also run a sick ward for family members during times they really should not be alone. But with all of that, our cost of living is less than what she describes with that extended stay hotel room.

Evenso, we have pared down quite a bit, getting rid of lots of stuff. I agree with her that excess clutter is not good for somebody.

:eek: Yeah, but she probably doesn't have 150-year old pictures n stuff. Or sewing machines.

Saturday morning cartoon time!

The thing is, I wonder how many of our younger Coffee Shoppers remember Saturday morning cartoons as being one of the highlights of the weekend? I love them though. :)

I think I may be the youngest (somewhat) regular poster in here, and I certainly watched Saturday morning cartoons. :D

I'm one of the oldest posters here and I've been watching cartoons for over 70 years. The old cartoons from the 30s, 40s and 50s are my favorites.

I was a picky little shit when it came to cartoons. :lol:

How do you feel about Wally Gator?

Never heard of it. LOL

I suppose for somebody paying $1,600 rent plus utilities and maintenance, that would be savings. For people like us it would be extremely expensive plus I like having space for us both to pursue our interests, room to entertain family and friends that we do a lot, space for overnight guests--we have a LOT of those--and we also run a sick ward for family members during times they really should not be alone. But with all of that, our cost of living is less than what she describes with that extended stay hotel room.

Evenso, we have pared down quite a bit, getting rid of lots of stuff. I agree with her that excess clutter is not good for somebody.

:eek: Yeah, but she probably doesn't have 150-year old pictures n stuff. Or sewing machines.

The thing is, I wonder how many of our younger Coffee Shoppers remember Saturday morning cartoons as being one of the highlights of the weekend? I love them though. :)

I think I may be the youngest (somewhat) regular poster in here, and I certainly watched Saturday morning cartoons. :D
I'm one of the oldest posters here and I've been watching cartoons for over 70 years. The old cartoons from the 30s, 40s and 50s are my favorites.

Never heard of it. LOL

Touche the Turtle?

Never heard of it. LOL

Tippy the Turtle?

No tippy either. I googled it though to see what wally was. :lol:

Never heard of it. LOL

Tippy the Turtle?

Wally was big-time, like Yogi.

Never heard of it. LOL

Tippy the Turtle?

I know/knew who they were but I think I was in that in between age then--too old to appreciate them and not yet old enough to appreciate them again. :)

Supposed to go down into the teens tonight with a possible one to three more inches of snow........

And you're in the Southwest??

And here we are in the Pacific Northwest with 40's, though it's supposed to drop into the low 30's/high 20's over the next few days. But so far, no schnoooow.

Supposed to go down into the teens tonight with a possible one to three more inches of snow........

And here we are in the Pacific Northwest with 40's, though it's supposed to drop into the low 30's/high 20's over the next few days. But so far, no schnoooow.
From what I understand snow is rather rare here in Roswell, heck we had a couple of inches of snow a couple of winters back when we lived in El Paso TX.
As for Roswell it's a ecosystem mix, the southwestern edge of the Great Plains and the northeastern tip of the Chihuahuan Desert blend together here so it gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter with the average annual snowfall being 3 inches.

Never heard of it. LOL

Tippy the Turtle?

Do you also remember Muttley, who apparently became so famous he had an emoji of himself???

:abgg2q.jpg:

From what I understand snow is rather rare here in Roswell, heck we had a couple of inches of snow a couple of winters back when we lived in El Paso TX.
As for Roswell it's a ecosystem mix, the southwestern edge of the Great Plains and the northeastern tip of the Chihuahuan Desert blend together here so it gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter with the average annual snowfall being 3 inches.

Our winter weather is a mixed bag....If & when we do get snow, it's usually not until Jan/Feb. and usually lasts only a day or two before melting. Though some years it's snowed as early as November and some years we don't get any snow. We can get just a few sprinkles or up to nearly a foot.

About 5 or so years ago, it had snowed in my area every month from November to May...…..it didn't always last long or barely cover the road or grass, but flakes did show up.

I'm kinda hoping for no snow at all this year.....I've got too much work outside to do

Our winter weather is a mixed bag....If & when we do get snow, it's usually not until Jan/Feb. and usually lasts only a day or two before melting. Though some years it's snowed as early as November and some years we don't get any snow. We can get just a few sprinkles or up to nearly a foot.

About 5 or so years ago, it had snowed in my area every month from November to May...…..it didn't always last long or barely cover the road or grass, but flakes did show up.

I'm kinda hoping for no snow at all this year.....I've got too much work outside to do
We need the moisture out here so I'm not complaining, the more the better. Expecting another possible snow event next Tuesday.

We get plenty of moisture during the winter with rain in the low lands and the snow hammering the mountains......I just hope next summer is not so dry anywhere in the west...….too many fires

We need the moisture out here so I'm not complaining, the more the better. Expecting another possible snow event next Tuesday.

The snow is fine. What I'm not liking is this really cold weather that we have become so unaccustomed to.

Forum List

Back