USMB Coffee Shop IV

I remember a few years ago it got cold in September, and I had to use heating. Now its the 29th December and I am sitting comfortably at my computer without trousers on, and I am not using any heater.

I remember when I was a boy sixty years ago there was deep snow every winter, and icicles a foot long hanging from the outside window frames. No one can tell me global warming is not real.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Drifter's friend's mother now homeless
Montrovant in difficult transition
Nosmo's mom back in the hospital
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.
Gracie & Mr. G for positive trend to continue.
Ringel and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

We aren't here yet but we're working on it
deep-snow-alps-berchtesgaden-bavaria-germany-31913816.jpg

Ha, I got my new modem half an hour ago and I have set it up already. It is faster than the old one and they have not even connected me to fibre optic cables yet.

Eek! Black screen--can't play cartoon. Why can't I play the cartoon? No flash player. Install flash player. Can see cartoon. Cartoons were so much better back then.

My new PC desktop computer came yesterday despite the snowstorm, and I have been setting it up. But my goodness I am having to install and add a lot of stuff to get it back to the user friendly machine my other one was All the games, all the icons for frequently visited websites like Facebook, Twitter, USMB et al.

But so far no glitches. Fast and efficient.

The extra snow we were supposed to get never materialized, the sun is out, temps in the upper 20s and the snow is melting fast.

Thank you, Foxfyre for mentioning EJ. He just underwent his 4th Chemo session this past week and has two more to go in January. Two days after his chemo, he's in a lot of pain, so prayers are appreciated. :huddle: His daughter-in-law is an angel. She and his son take him 120 miles to the nearest VA treatment center.

Thank you, Foxfyre for mentioning EJ. He just underwent his 4th Chemo session this past week and has two more to go in January. Two days after his chemo, he's in a lot of pain, so prayers are appreciated. :huddle: His daughter-in-law is an angel. She and his son take him 120 miles to the nearest VA treatment center.

I am so sorry to hear and of course prayers for him and his family and you too :smiliehug:

HI, I am online at 4.30 am British time, because I cannot sleep. I often do this and go back to bed in the morning for a couple of hours.

HI, I am online at 4.30 am British time, because I cannot sleep. I often do this and go back to bed in the morning for a couple of hours.

it is getting close to bedtime here. And at least there's no reason to be on a specific sleep schedule when we're retired. At least most days.

it is getting close to bedtime here. And at least there's no reason to be on a specific sleep schedule when we're retired. At least most days.

There is someone trying to sleep in the room above me. But I have a Labtec, quiet keyboard designed to be a soft touch. The old IBM keyboards used to make a loud click.

Hey guys....been busy decorating Anne's apt. Well, its ours too, but its her money I have been spending, lol. She wanted me to be the interior decorator...so thats what I have been doing. This is the results. Took me 10 days to do it, compliments of Amazon, ebay, goodwill and salvation army.:)

5mbn6d.jpg

dcu0zd.jpg

2v33fis.jpg

The apt is very tiny...so she is already making noises in looking for a house. 3 bedroom so we can go with her until home calls. Sure..we will stay with her. She has been good to us. Of course we pay our share of rent, the deposit, 2/3 of the utilities because we are two and she is one...and we all share in other stuff too but the stuff in the apt is hers..not ours. Most of the funds we got went to the damn motel, I'm sorry to say. Some to the car, a bunch on food since eating out was our only option and basic bills we still had to pay. But at least she was not too stiff with decor she wanted and gave me free reign to make our living room livable and cozy even though when we do go home....none will go with us except a few personal items. Overall..I enjoyed myself doing it and kept my mind very busy!

Hey coffee drinkers: :04:

Murad IV of the Ottoman Empire would stalk the streets of Constantinople (modern Istanbul), yielding a 100lb broadsword and disguised as a commoner. He was on a covert mission to hunt down anyone drinking coffee and decapitate them – sometimes in mid-sip.

image.jpeg

It is tough I know. Hombre's sister simply could not tolerate the chemo and had to discontinue it. So we have our fingers crossed for her all the time. She too is on the list.

Hey coffee drinkers: :04:

Murad IV of the Ottoman Empire would stalk the streets of Constantinople (modern Istanbul), yielding a 100lb broadsword and disguised as a commoner. He was on a covert mission to hunt down anyone drinking coffee and decapitate them – sometimes in mid-sip.

View attachment 237512

Ewwww. What did he have against coffee? Never fear though. We seriously discourage decapitation here in the Coffee Shop. :)

Hey guys....been busy decorating Anne's apt. Well, its ours too, but its her money I have been spending, lol. She wanted me to be the interior decorator...so thats what I have been doing. This is the results. Took me 10 days to do it, compliments of Amazon, ebay, goodwill and salvation army.:)

5mbn6d.jpg

dcu0zd.jpg

2v33fis.jpg

The apt is very tiny...so she is already making noises in looking for a house. 3 bedroom so we can go with her until home calls. Sure..we will stay with her. She has been good to us. Of course we pay our share of rent, the deposit, 2/3 of the utilities because we are two and she is one...and we all share in other stuff too but the stuff in the apt is hers..not ours. Most of the funds we got went to the damn motel, I'm sorry to say. Some to the car, a bunch on food since eating out was our only option and basic bills we still had to pay. But at least she was not too stiff with decor she wanted and gave me free reign to make our living room livable and cozy even though when we do go home....none will go with us except a few personal items. Overall..I enjoyed myself doing it and kept my mind very busy!

Beautiful, comfortable, very livable Gracie. And I would recognize decor a-la-Gracie anywhere now I think. :) You really do have an eye for it.

n8rbqYg

Hmmm... very odd... maybe the board, or this thread, has reached it's limit on image data... IDK...
9bZ0mJQ
How's this 007

View attachment 237144

View attachment 237145
I have an old Kelly single bladed ax head.

I was channel surfing during a halftime last night and I watched about 10 minutes of an ax throwing championship. They were using single blade ax heads. It is a boring sport for me.

I agree. Sort of like watching a darts game. Fun to do. Not really a spectator sport though.

n8rbqYg

Hmmm... very odd... maybe the board, or this thread, has reached it's limit on image data... IDK...
9bZ0mJQ
How's this 007

View attachment 237144

View attachment 237145
I have an old Kelly single bladed ax head.

I was channel surfing during a halftime last night and I watched about 10 minutes of an ax throwing championship. They were using single blade ax heads. It is a boring sport for me.

I agree. Sort of like watching a darts game. Fun to do. Not really a spectator sport though.
That's why I was never able to watch the International Backpacking Championships........ :eusa_whistle:
:D

Forum List

Back