USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning all. It's snowing in Albuquerque again, our roof is leaking over the bed in the master bedroom and the roofers can't get here until Tuesday, I can't decide what to fix for lunch/dinner, and the Cowboys lost yesterday. Nevertheless:

221585-Snowman-Good-Morning-Sunday-Quote.jpg

I'm sure that's true. Eventually :)

I would come fix the leak in your roof, but you live nowhere near me and I wouldn't know how to do it. :p

Well it's the thought that counts. :)

Is there anywhere in the US where it isn't snowing?

I just spent a few minutes watching Accuweather videos. . .

Airports shut down in Japan due to snow
Avalanche warnings in Austria
Massive snowslides (off roofs) in China
Huge snowball fight at the National Mall in D.C.
Six inches of snow in central Oklahoma
I-40 shut down due to heavy snow in the Texas Panhandle
I say we all move in with Ridgerunner for the duration. :)

th

Indeed. I was going to get onto that. I am in central Germany, and must be the only person on the planet not snowed in.......yet. Though it is mild, gloomy, and non stop rain.

I have a daughter in Cyprus, who has the electric blanket on in bed. It's freezing there, she says.

Indeed. I was going to get onto that. I am in central Germany, and must be the only person on the planet not snowed in.......yet. Though it is mild, gloomy, and non stop rain.

I have a daughter in Cyprus, who has the electric blanket on in bed. It's freezing there, she says.

It freezes in Greece???? :dunno:

Even though it hasn't snowed here yet, it has been freezing overnight with sunny days for the past week. Before that it was rain, rain, rain.

Even though it hasn't snowed here yet, it has been freezing overnight with sunny days for the past week. Before that it was rain, rain, rain.

It's nearer to Turkey than Greece.

Cyprus-on-the-map.jpg

Cyprus-on-the-map.jpg

And is close to Lebanon where I believe there are six ski resorts?

Cyprus-on-the-map.jpg

I didn't know it's snowed in Turkey either.

Cyprus-on-the-map.jpg

Or Lebanon.

I always thought they were too close to the Equator for such cold temps...…..boy was I wrong. :)

When I first got to El Paso, TX it was in the 50s and people were wearing winter clothing......... I was in shorts, t-shirt and sandals.......... And had to turn the AC on........ (Not really but it's funny). :D

When I first got to El Paso, TX it was in the 50s and people were wearing winter clothing......... I was in shorts, t-shirt and sandals.......... And had to turn the AC on........ (Not really but it's funny). :D

And you probably found out it doesn't snow much in El Paso. but it can snow in El Paso too. I know. I've seen it. :)

And you probably found out it doesn't snow much in El Paso. but it can snow in El Paso too. I know. I've seen it. :)

Yeah, it snowed when we were there.

V7F8xAygIEAmNM_a-dpmQbAB4MmVWZQ8s1_3gVYTfCoF_kCu0HWs0hquHjpmQSMeqWwdnsW_juuVmK6UtTHAuWLaAc-w2Mw2ro5aOzQeZ4OQ5vHCS6GToBy9F-e8Q_a11RO84UBIoZy85_msQTlq-oXwu12cVdIVAjpavzHyJfcDbEaj4BxwTajGxCjeUvwrB-7CxiRQ253GF9YxA72vTQKul_vNU35R1S2bbdEV5NHkpfcG0LOR1sgrPY1TjUcP0T2dupkbfTX3OerSWkc1oofhhRSL-VkFKzzYdR7uB2pGrWmEpv4ekfuMovzWstjHjAy59gEumGPb7ziyxahS9ZwEyZ_wWFNc58qW-2wyQZgYcHqUZlIj4R8dwv8Nz165hR7xRK3ttSt0jVeFNPuI-idLUNjPtjxbtrHH1tLIItCwUQalT-V0YAGnXGo2-V5lZaz7kBYzvAiZce7uemxXOukvAhGBvT-XSkOLoDu-__Gs6qj-clDcTLxhkW3H6u8VLwps4fEjPNjR7W9XLMnzQ8SWs4vvcbz9nJsOkew2IxUTwvFVYecX3KQqtsxjNNDSPJhdjCOvB5IL3QlN2EdzlpANBrxD33-N9ZwUdohKAcJyU72VUedBGZ_S26AcKpjLX5qw2m5vYI7MOS2TZCSmvLGe=w1372-h912-no

Cyprus-on-the-map.jpg

I didn't know it's snowed in Turkey either.

Cyprus-on-the-map.jpg

Or Lebanon.

I always thought they were too close to the Equator for such cold temps...…..boy was I wrong. :)

Both Turkey and Lebanon are at the same latitude as the USA as are China and Japan. The Mediterranean countries climate is modified by the Mediterranean much as our west coast states are modified by the Pacific. Why the Atlantic doesn't have the same effect on our mid to upper east coast I don't know, but the north Atlantic has cold winters.

Okay, is that where you're from BULLDOG? But are you guys still under water?

Nope. It finally drained away. We've had floods in the past, but nothing like the last few years.

It has been frightful for sure. We have friends in Houston and Sugarland and family at Cleveland just northeast of the city and in Galveston. So far nobody has been flooded out but they've had some really close calls.

Okay, is that where you're from BULLDOG? But are you guys still under water?

Nope. It finally drained away. We've had floods in the past, but nothing like the last few years.

It has been frightful for sure. We have friends in Houston and Sugarland and family at Cleveland just northeast of the city and in Galveston. So far nobody has been flooded out but they've had some really close calls.

I'm lucky. My house is on high ground, but electricity was out, and my water well didn't work so I lost my pickup going through deep water trying to get some bottles of fresh water. I guess it could have been worse.

Forum List

Back