USMB Coffee Shop IV

There's always corn cobs, so I've heard......

Outhouse.jpg

We had Sears catalogs nailed to the wall. Ah, the good ol' days!

My mother is turning 90. She still very active, lives alone, drives her own car anywhere she wants to go, and teaches a Sunday School class. She says she doesn't need anything, but she already has all the ceramic figurines and shelf crap any sane person should have (her words). Kids, grand kids, and great grand kids will take her out to eat, but I have no idea what to give her. Any ideas?

My mother is turning 90. She still very active, lives alone, drives her own car anywhere she wants to go, and teaches a Sunday School class. She says she doesn't need anything, but she already has all the ceramic figurines and shelf crap any sane person should have (her words). Kids, grand kids, and great grand kids will take her out to eat, but I have no idea what to give her. Any ideas?

Flower are a good present. Especially potted plants.

Flower are a good present. Especially potted plants.

Sure, but I'd like to get her something other than the same stuff she always gets. She is a hard woman to buy for. I'm thinking about taking her out for the day next week and get her hair nails done, lunch, and shopping for what ever she sees that she might want. Yes, I know that is something a daughter would do, but it wouldn't be the same thing everybody else gives her.

b5d5a400dc04fa687da05fc0213cd966--gag-gifts-for-women-retirement-gifts-for-women.jpg

:dunno:

b5d5a400dc04fa687da05fc0213cd966--gag-gifts-for-women-retirement-gifts-for-women.jpg

Looks like something one of the old ladies she hangs with would give her, but I think I'll pass.

Looks like something one of the old ladies she hangs with would give her, but I think I'll pass.
My mom would have laughed her ass off and shown it to all her friends.

Mine would laugh her ass off, and only show it to some people, but I'm not gonna be the one to give her something like that. I don't think she would laugh if I gave it to her.

Mine would laugh her ass off, and only show it to some people, but I'm not gonna be the one to give her something like that. I don't think she would laugh if I gave it to her.
I take it this one is out also. :dunno:

03df5e7879ec06f25d710ef8e4911047---birthday-birthday-ideas.jpg

In truth, there's not a lot of foods that I won't eat. Except Kimchi, I don't even be in the same room as that nasty crap *shudder*…...or weird stuff like bugs or worms or things like that.

And that ketchup on fries??? Homemade fries with real potatoes and lots of salt, with a glob of ketchup on the side for dipping YUM
Nope not even ketchup on home fries. I won't put ketchup on baked or mashed potatoes so why would I put ketchup on fried potatoes? As for fries give me boardwalk fries with malted vinegar..... absolute heaven!!
Pretty much the only things I put ketchup on are meatloaf and hamburgers.

And you call me strange????? Are you a Canuck, hey?
Escanaba MI, eh..... Any further north I would have been a Canuck, eh........

Heh, 45,7 - Crimean latitude :) A place for rest and drinkin' wine, eh? :)
I don't live there I was born there, I live in the American southwest.

So, it's seems like a good place to produce and grow an excellent people? :)

My Aunt Betty turned 92 last September and she still drives, still walks a block to the mailboxes to get her mail, and is really active. But like your mother, she has everything in the world she needs or could ever want. For Christmas, other than preparing her favorite meal, I got her a lovely loooooooong scarf in her favorite color. Found it on Amazon--looks and feels like cashmere but is very washable/dryable and it can be used as a shawl around the shoulders, as a table top cover, as a head scarf, or tied as a fashion accessory. She liked it.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Saveliberty's mom for successful surgery and quick healing
TheLiq and family who need prayers and positive vibes now
Drifter's friend's mother now homeless
Montrovant in difficult transition
Nosmo's mom back in the hospital
Drifter for smooth sailing in her new job.

JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Beautress's friend EJ undergoing chemo.
Gracie & Mr. G for positive trend to continue.
Ringel and Mrs. R facing serious health challenges with resulting financial challenges.
GallantWarrior for healing and wellness.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so those who have been away can find their way back and we rejoice when they do!!!

Cats-and-Dogs-Sleeping-Together-Are-so-Cute-Youll-Melt-13.jpg

Good morning all. It's snowing in Albuquerque again, our roof is leaking over the bed in the master bedroom and the roofers can't get here until Tuesday, I can't decide what to fix for lunch/dinner, and the Cowboys lost yesterday. Nevertheless:

221585-Snowman-Good-Morning-Sunday-Quote.jpg

I'm sure that's true. Eventually :)

Good morning all. It's snowing in Albuquerque again, our roof is leaking over the bed in the master bedroom and the roofers can't get here until Tuesday, I can't decide what to fix for lunch/dinner, and the Cowboys lost yesterday. Nevertheless:

221585-Snowman-Good-Morning-Sunday-Quote.jpg

I'm sure that's true. Eventually :)

I would come fix the leak in your roof, but you live nowhere near me and I wouldn't know how to do it. :p

Forum List

Back