USMB Coffee Shop IV

Oh, by the way, it seems I may be promoted to a career position soon. I think it is a paperwork process at this point. Probably take a few months....

Looks like you're doing well. Are you enjoying it?

Kind of negative at the moment. The Christmas Crunch really wore a few people down. They need an attitude adjustment or a new job. Hopefully they figure out which best soon. Still a lot to learn in order to fell competent.

Oh, by the way, it seems I may be promoted to a career position soon. I think it is a paperwork process at this point. Probably take a few months....

Kind of negative at the moment. The Christmas Crunch really wore a few people down. They need an attitude adjustment or a new job. Hopefully they figure out which best soon. Still a lot to learn in order to fell competent.

Some people do wilt a bit under unusually heavy work loads and that can make things unpleasant for everybody. I always loved the challenge knowing it was only temporary. I haven't had many jobs in which you spent most of your time twiddling your thumbs, but I disliked every one of those I have had. I like to be busy.

Some people do wilt a bit under unusually heavy work loads and that can make things unpleasant for everybody. I always loved the challenge knowing it was only temporary. I haven't had many jobs in which you spent most of your time twiddling your thumbs, but I disliked every one of those I have had. I like to be busy.

It goes beyond busy. We were not fully staffed the whole season..

I understand. But again, I always loved the challenge in those situations. I wouldn't want a steady diet of it though.

I understand. But again, I always loved the challenge in those situations. I wouldn't want a steady diet of it though.

I was like that too. Thrived on that busyness. Right out of high school I worked for an auto licensing agency back in the days of when the first and last week of every month was crazy with lines out the door and around the building all day long for people to get their car tabs and again a few years later working at a local welfare office when they still had cards they'd bring in to exchange for actual food stamps within the first 10 days of the month...….same lines, with barely a chance for a break all day. Somehow in both jobs there was a day that I was the only one that showed up for whatever reason and had to do the work of 5-10 others. When management realized the situation, they did pull a few from other areas to help out where they could. I did it, but by the end of the day I was exhausted both mentally & physically.

Other jobs weren't so demanding, but still plenty to do most of the time. I hated when it was slow with nothing more to do than manual updates that would drive me absolutely nuts :eek-52:

I just spent a few minutes watching Accuweather videos. . .

Airports shut down in Japan due to snow
Avalanche warnings in Austria
Massive snowslides (off roofs) in China
Huge snowball fight at the National Mall in D.C.
Six inches of snow in central Oklahoma
I-40 shut down due to heavy snow in the Texas Panhandle
I say we all move in with Ridgerunner for the duration. :)

Indeed. I was going to get onto that. I am in central Germany, and must be the only person on the planet not snowed in.......yet. Though it is mild, gloomy, and non stop rain.

I have a daughter in Cyprus, who has the electric blanket on in bed. It's freezing there, she says.

It freezes in Greece???? :dunno:

Even though it hasn't snowed here yet, it has been freezing overnight with sunny days for the past week. Before that it was rain, rain, rain.

It's nearer to Turkey than Greece.

Cyprus-on-the-map.jpg

I was there, at Greek part. Half of Cyprus now under Greek control, but half was occupied by Turkish forces and now under their control...

I've been there often.

Went through the checkpoint, manned by UN armed soldiers.

Drinking coffee under The Tree of Idleness was the best part.

:))) I know nothing about Tree of Idleness, I've only heared stories from local Greeks about war, and... and drunk a two or three tin of local beer between visiting the monastery (somewhere in mountains) and ours ship put on the sea to the another target of our travel :)

blue-hold-fast.jpg

Who knows, which brilliant God have for us behind the next challenge? :)

Indeed. I was going to get onto that. I am in central Germany, and must be the only person on the planet not snowed in.......yet. Though it is mild, gloomy, and non stop rain.

I have a daughter in Cyprus, who has the electric blanket on in bed. It's freezing there, she says.

It freezes in Greece???? :dunno:

Even though it hasn't snowed here yet, it has been freezing overnight with sunny days for the past week. Before that it was rain, rain, rain.

It's nearer to Turkey than Greece.

Cyprus-on-the-map.jpg

I was there, at Greek part. Half of Cyprus now under Greek control, but half was occupied by Turkish forces and now under their control...

I've been there often.

Went through the checkpoint, manned by UN armed soldiers.

Drinking coffee under The Tree of Idleness was the best part.

:))) I know nothing about Tree of Idleness, I've only heared stories from local Greeks about war, and... and drunk a two or three tin of local beer between visiting the monastery (somewhere in mountains) and ours ship put on the sea to the another target of our travel :)

The north is occupied by Turkey. The Cypriots are not Greeks.

Hey, how the weather at Hawaii? Is it possible to swim there now?

The weather here is as close to perfect as one can ask for... Almost boring at times... I grew up in the American Midwest and one could always count on the weather to slap you around on occasion... Winter time here now... High temps during the daytime hours now is low 80's and nighttime is low 70's and high 60's (Fahrenheit obviously)… It is tough to live here, but someone has to do it... And I am just the fellar to do it... :04:...

The weather here is as close to perfect as one can ask for... Almost boring at times... I grew up in the American Midwest and one could always count on the weather to slap you around on occasion... Winter time here now... High temps during the daytime hours now is low 80's and nighttime is low 70's and high 60's (Fahrenheit obviously)… It is tough to live here, but someone has to do it... And I am just the fellar to do it... :04:...

oh

just

shut

UP!

:04:

oh

just

shut

UP!

:04:

keep-calm-and-smile-like-a-cheshire-cat-8.png

Who knows, which brilliant God have for us behind the next challenge? :)

And sometimes not knowing is in itself a blessing. :)

Do you have problems with storms/flooding?

Do you have problems with storms/flooding?

Yes, sometimes just like everywhere else... Mother Nature lives right next to Murphy and they both have t-shirts that reads "Poo-Poo Happens"...
Here on Oahu the coldest I have ever seen it was 56 degrees and rainy and windy... That was back in the mid 80's... I worked at HIA on the ramp and most of the local folks were freezing their tushies off...

Still a lot to learn in order to fell competent.

Hey saveliberty the cathouse wasn't built in just one day... I'm willin' to bet that your competency level is more than adequate...

What I lack in working knowledge of certain functions, I make up for in tirelessly keeping on task, a good attitude, being reliable and finding what needs to happen next.

Forum List

Back