USMB Coffee Shop IV

Was letting the wife sleep when suddenly she jumps up, "I have an appointment!!! Then berates me for not waking her up....... for her 11:30 appointment...... It's 9:15........ :lol:

50452752_2403879296311388_4461226446395801600_n.jpg

In case you really REALLY aren't a country fan and wonder what this is about, this is one of the Charlie Daniels Band's best:

Stick around on that same You Tube video for an aging Simon & Garfunkle doing their classic "Sound of Silence". They were just as good as ever.

Last edited:
So, it is LITERALLY raining cats and dogs and hamsters here...but my weather widget keeps saying 80% chance of rain. I am skeptical.

So, it is LITERALLY raining cats and dogs and hamsters here...but my weather widget keeps saying 80% chance of rain. I am skeptical.

Yes, and all that is going to eventually come here. And we still have a leak in our roof and the roofers can't give us a firm date earlier than February 25. It wouldn't matter so much if we already had interior damage that we had to fix, but right now we don't. It hasn't brought down the sheetrock and paint in the ceiling. But by late February we'll almost certainly have the cost of interior damage to repair as well as the relatively minor roofing repairs. Frustrating. :(

Yes, and all that is going to eventually come here. And we still have a leak in our roof and the roofers can't give us a firm date earlier than February 25. It wouldn't matter so much if we already had interior damage that we had to fix, but right now we don't. It hasn't brought down the sheetrock and paint in the ceiling. But by late February we'll almost certainly have the cost of interior damage to repair as well as the relatively minor roofing repairs. Frustrating. :(

We live on a hill, and had drainage problems for the first few years. mr. boe came up with this master plan of pipes and french drains which is a masterpiece. No more flooding in the basement. Without his project, I'd be cleaning up a giant mess right now instead of illuminating the interwebs. ;)

Had a day out in London today. I went up on the train and treated myself to taxis to the Tate gallery and back.
I saw the Burne Jones exhibition which is currently being shown. I also went round the Turner collection and saw a lot of pictures I had never seen before. Some of the paintings are huge, and he must have used a step ladder, or scaffolding to paint them.

Thanks for the tip and if it comes to it, I'll consider that. But for now I do very well with a good walking or running shoe or any other with proper arch support that gives me good posture. As opposed to my beloved soft sole Minnetonka moccasins that I prefer to wear around the house. :) If I'm up doing housework or cooking or something else that has me on my feet for some time, my back will be killing me if I'm wearing those moccasins. Switch to good shoes and I am much better. A daily hemp oil capsule (little or no thc) and an occasional ibuprophen or naproxen keeps me up and running very nicely.

I do recommend the hemp oil. When I remember to take it I need very little pain med if any at all.

Just came on here, and saw this.....coincidence.

I bought some hemp oil today from the health shop. I shall take it daily off a spoon.

Just make sure it isn't the potent stuff with a lot of thc. I order capsules on line (through Amazon) and they contain little or no thc--certainly too small an amount to affect a drug test--but it does seem to significantly reduce the pain level without the downsides of the NSAIDS.

What is thc?

I've developed problems with my shoulder.

THC is the ingredient in cannabis that makes you high.
CBD is the oil from cannabis where the THC is removed...you get the same benefits without the high.
I HIGHLY recommend Arnicare. Has the Arnica plant in it...which soothes soreness. It works. Trust me. I use it on my ankles, shoulders, hips,toes, wrists due to rhuematoid arthritis. I sleep well. Oh, and it works great for muscle spasms..which I have been getting lately in my legs which are EXTREMELY painful. Soon as I massage that stuff in...its gone.

arnicare - Google Search

Arnicare Pain Relieving Cream | Arnicare for Pain Relief and Bruising

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006MQ47A/?tag=ff0d01-20

T-Relief works very well too. ^
I like arnica. Used to wild craft arnica ointment.

We live on a hill, and had drainage problems for the first few years. mr. boe came up with this master plan of pipes and french drains which is a masterpiece. No more flooding in the basement. Without his project, I'd be cleaning up a giant mess right now instead of illuminating the interwebs. ;)
No basements for me, too many water issues. You're lucky you're on a hill that allowed your husband to install proper drainage, drainage that should have been installed when the house was first built, something most homebuilders don't do.

A couple of evenings ago I watched Jesus Christ Superstar (1973).... Still have the songs stuck in my head...... :thup:
Me, too, Ringel. Except we did the play in our Church around that time, and I had to help kids memorize the lyrics. lol
I used to know most of the songs although to sing them I could never reach Neely's or Anderson's higher ranges. To be perfectly honest my favorite song is Herod's song, fit's my quirky personality/sense of humor. :D

Is there anywhere in the US where it isn't snowing?
Alaska
I loved Alaska the year we lived there on base Fort Richardson, outside of Anchorage. It was a territory back then. My recollection of Anchorage was that the main street looked like a strip mall with grass, and when we were driving one day, my mom and dad pointed out "The Last Chance Saloon" at the end of the city's road, and indeed it was the last structure going out into the wild country back then. I'll never forget the day we drove as close as you'd care to get to Mt. Everest and still see the outline of it. Dad wanted us to remember seeing the tallest mountain in the world.

You live in Giod's country Gallantwarrior. It's beautiful, at least it was when we lived there that one very short year.

Forum List

Back