USMB Coffee Shop IV

It's melon season in the Pineywoods/Prairie of Walker County
Leaving some of the bounty for you guys. Hope you have a stellar day. :thup:
8-Amazing-Carved-Watermelons-02-sl.jpg

Melon season?

Yup, looks like it.

article-0-193B51D900000578-729_634x940.jpg

Okay that's bad. Funny. But bad. :)

I do love watermelon though. One of my favorite summer things.
What's bad about a woman holding two watermelons? :dunno:
It's the black nail polish, Ringel. :rolleyes:

Melon season?

Yup, looks like it.

There's nail polish on the watermelons??!!

Melon season?

Yup, looks like it.

Only if the lady with large melons sinks her claws into them. :blowpop:

And you need to be kind to me today. I spilled my whole cup of java onto my box of open threads while I was crocheting a potholder, reading a USMB super silly thread, and failing to notice what Miss Picallo (meow) did to the order on my computer table last night. And I'm havin' myself a little Java deprivation fit right now. George of the Jungle (Brendan Frasier) describes Java deprivation best, imho:

Last edited:

Melon season?

Yup, looks like it.

You did better than I did, I didn't even see the nails.

Melon season?

Yup, looks like it.

And you need to be kind to me today. I spilled my whole cup of java onto my box of open threads while I was crocheting a potholder, reading a USMB super silly thread, and failing to notice what Miss Picallo (meow) did to the order on my computer table last night. And I'm havin' myself a little Java deprivation fit right now. George of the Jungle (Brendan Frasier) describes Java deprivation best, imho:

They don't give us a button suitable for acknowledging that you both made us laugh but also understanding the real frustration and sometimes pain when something like that happens. We need a :) :( button.

Melon season?

Yup, looks like it.

:smiliehug:

They don't give us a button suitable for acknowledging that you both made us laugh but also understanding the real frustration and sometimes pain when something like that happens. We need a :) :( button.

Yes we do. All I could find online were the following:

th
th
th
th
th
th

th
th
upload_2019-8-17_12-56-45.jpeg

Didn't we used to have an artist around here who could fix anything with the snap of his fingers? I know we did, but haven't seen him in a spell unless he's using a different nom de plume and avatar.

The coffee spilled mainly on some bright yellow crochet thread I was crocheting with, so I've been crocheting the thread all afternoon, trying to crochet all the coffee stained thread possible, because then I can wash it in the washer when the potholder is complete. I really didn't mean for bright yellow to be the dominant color on this potholder, and if I weren't doing every other row in bright yellow to use it up, i'd be going bananas... because to me, using the same color to do a back of the potholder is b...o...r...i...n...g and repetitious, too. lol

I had fun, though, looking up the George of the Jungle quip about javajavajavajavajavajavajava... :lmao:

And thanks for a kind and cheering post. :thup:

:smiliehug:

I had never known anyone to not like watermelon either...….until I had kids. I don't think they really dislike it, but they don't eat it....if that makes any sense

I helped raise 2 of them (kids not watermelons) and both were sharp as a tack, but lots of times they never made any sense...

I hate watermelon. Ewww ewww ewww.

Wow! I don't believe I have ever encountered anyone who did not like watermelon...
I thought everyone liked watermelon...

I had never known anyone to not like watermelon either...….until I had kids. I don't think they really dislike it, but they don't eat it....if that makes any sense

This kid did. I loved, loved, loved it as far back as I can remember. But I still want that taste of Texas sweets that grew in the sandy soil of southeastern New Mexico and the Texas high plains that I remember back then. I have never found any that compared anywhere else. I still like it regardless, but those melons were really special.

I hate watermelon. Ewww ewww ewww.

Wow! I don't believe I have ever encountered anyone who did not like watermelon...
I thought everyone liked watermelon...

This kid did. I loved, loved, loved it as far back as I can remember. But I still want that taste of Texas sweets that grew in the sandy soil of southeastern New Mexico and the Texas high plains that I remember back then. I have never found any that compared anywhere else. I still like it regardless, but those melons were really special.

Me too, (loving watermelon)

Around here the infamous melon to be had is/was Hermiston from Oregon, though I think it was more about the place it was grown than variety, but not 100% sure on that. Those melons were HUGE and so sweet & juicy

I believe you can still get them, but somehow don't taste the same...…:(

Forum List

Back