USMB Coffee Shop IV

I hate watermelon. Ewww ewww ewww.

Wow! I don't believe I have ever encountered anyone who did not like watermelon...
I thought everyone liked watermelon...

I had never known anyone to not like watermelon either...….until I had kids. I don't think they really dislike it, but they don't eat it....if that makes any sense

This kid did. I loved, loved, loved it as far back as I can remember. But I still want that taste of Texas sweets that grew in the sandy soil of southeastern New Mexico and the Texas high plains that I remember back then. I have never found any that compared anywhere else. I still like it regardless, but those melons were really special.

Me too, (loving watermelon)

Around here the infamous melon to be had is/was Hermiston from Oregon, though I think it was more about the place it was grown than variety, but not 100% sure on that. Those melons were HUGE and so sweet & juicy

I believe you can still get them, but somehow don't taste the same...…:(

Unfortunately as we age, we lose taste buds, so many things don't taste as magically wonderful to us now as they did when we were kids and young adults. The plus side is that we enjoy flavors now that were too strong or displeasing to us as kids. I always liked to think that fewer taste buds were God's way of encouraging us to eat less as our metabolism slows down with aging. But I think he could have left a few things like watermelon out of that equation. :)

Bitching hat on. . . .

My week this week has been at doctor's offices--three days in a row. All appointments for other people who could not drive themselves. Monday - 3 hours waiting at the osteoporosis center - required some time for procedures but mostly just waiting to be called for procedures or time with the doctor. Tuesday - six hours (including driving time) - for a 10-minute visit with a cardiologist that was not at all necessary. And today 3 hours at the eye doctor for evaluation and an injection.

I\m ready to return to leeches and witch doctors. At least you didn't have to wait for an appointment.

Bitching hat off. . .

I'm good. I'm okay. Hombre is hungry. :)

th

IS HE HUNGRY NOW?

Bitching hat on. . . .

My week this week has been at doctor's offices--three days in a row. All appointments for other people who could not drive themselves. Monday - 3 hours waiting at the osteoporosis center - required some time for procedures but mostly just waiting to be called for procedures or time with the doctor. Tuesday - six hours (including driving time) - for a 10-minute visit with a cardiologist that was not at all necessary. And today 3 hours at the eye doctor for evaluation and an injection.

I\m ready to return to leeches and witch doctors. At least you didn't have to wait for an appointment.

Bitching hat off. . .

th

IS HE HUNGRY NOW?

No. But really. You don't EAT the leeches for medicinal purposes. They probably are a good source of protein though. eeeew

So I received a mailer Friday morning from one of the local Ford dealers offering me an insane deal on a 2019 Ford Escape SE. I had to call them to see if it was real... The mailer basically said I could get a new escape for about half the price... I asked the sales manager how true it was.. he laughed and said about 50% true... Everyone can't qualify for some of the discounts... Now I had planned on trading in my 2013 Escape sometime next spring... But decided to listen to their offer in person... So I listened, questioned, listened and questioned. Looked at an SEL and a Titanium. Went back to the SE... Couldn't get one with built in navigation but I have a garmin. Listened some more. questioned some more. Went back to the lot to look at the SE again. Didn't like the color. Looked at another SE. Listened some more... Made an offer... Paid $6000 less than MSRP after taxes....
I now have a 2019 Ford Escape SE... I'm happy.... So far....

So I received a mailer Friday morning from one of the local Ford dealers offering me an insane deal on a 2019 Ford Escape SE. I had to call them to see if it was real... The mailer basically said I could get a new escape for about half the price... I asked the sales manager how true it was.. he laughed and said about 50% true... Everyone can't qualify for some of the discounts... Now I had planned on trading in my 2013 Escape sometime next spring... But decided to listen to their offer in person... So I listened, questioned, listened and questioned. Looked at an SEL and a Titanium. Went back to the SE... Couldn't get one with built in navigation but I have a garmin. Listened some more. questioned some more. Went back to the lot to look at the SE again. Didn't like the color. Looked at another SE. Listened some more... Made an offer... Paid $6000 less than MSRP after taxes....

Lucky you! The next time you decide to drive it to see Mary in Arizona, please holler when you come through Albuquerque. If the logistics and schedule allow for it, we'd love to have lunch or dinner or whatever.

Lucky you! The next time you decide to drive it to see Mary in Arizona, please holler when you come through Albuquerque. If the logistics and schedule allow for it, we'd love to have lunch or dinner or whatever.

One never knows what I'll do or when....

I have always hated watermelon. Even as a kid. Yuck yuck icky yuck!! I can't stand coconut either.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Wellness for Foxfyre's sister and Hombre's sister
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
JustAnotherNut for strength and wisdom dealing with challenges.
Gracie & Mr. G in difficult transition and for positive trend to continue.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Peach for healing
Beautress for wellness
Kat for wellness
Mrs. Ringel05 for good results and comfort with new meds.
Gallantwarrior for strength, patience, healing, comfort in his challenge with caring for Rod and Rod's healing.
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.

And we keep the porch light on so that those who have been away can find their way back.

inspirationalquotes19.jpg

Bitching hat on. . . .

Bitching hat off. . .

th

IS HE HUNGRY NOW?

No. But really. You don't EAT the leeches for medicinal purposes. They probably are a good source of protein though. eeeew
Before or after they have fed?

Been busy. The brother is helping me get a lot of those pesky little projects out of the way. My buddy is up here dragging downed trees up for cutting, splitting and stacking. My partner is bugging the buddy and the brother and I are having a blast. The weather has gotten tolerable, not so hot. But the fly in the ointment is the fact that there are two wildfires burning nearby. And, the wind has changed so we're getting a LOT of smoke. As usual, I'm monitoring the fires' progress and have an evacuation plan in place, if necessary.
Partner is improving, too.

I have always hated watermelon. Even as a kid. Yuck yuck icky yuck!! I can't stand coconut either.

I don't like coconut, but it's very different from watermelon. :)

I don't dislike coconut but it is not my choice if there is something to snack on. I prefer most cakes to German Chocolate or Coconut and forego Coconut cream pie and candy with coconut if there is any other choice. I do like to cook with coconut oil though.

I like some things with coconut and raw coconut is good too, though it wears out the jaw chewing it.

Just not on shrimp or other savory foods. We went to Red Lobster a few years ago for the 'all you can eat shrimp'. The other flavors available were great...then I bit into a coconut shrimp & nearly gagged. It was the first time and the last time I'll ever eat that. :eek:

Forum List

Back