USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well the day passed without any noticeable wierdness here. So I trust all are in good shape and looking forward to the weekend. Good night darliinks No change in the vigil list.

Then I showed up ... :11_2_1043:

images - 2019-07-12T042500.391.jpg
... I say it with morning coffee, hugs, flowers and she seems to really like cute notes..

Last edited:
Well the day passed without any noticeable wierdness here. So I trust all are in good shape and looking forward to the weekend. Good night darliinks No change in the vigil list.

Then I showed up ... :11_2_1043:

View attachment 279201 ... I say it with morning coffee, hugs, flowers and she seems to really like cute notes..

That isn't wierd Lumpy. That is wonderful. :)

I am pleased to announce I lost 4 lbs so far. 16 more to go and I am back to normal!! Yay for me!

Now I'm off to fix my breakfast of one poached egg over 4 tater tots. Lunch will be 1/4 cup tater salad Dinner will be small green salad and maybe 2 shrimp. LOTS of green tea to help it pass along smoothly and hydrate me. I still have my sweets that I love..which is a jaw breaker slowly melting in my mouth between meals.

I am THRILLED...and its just 4 lbs. I feel so much better body-wise. Took me 7 days to do it and I am not miserable. :)

I am pleased to announce I lost 4 lbs so far. 16 more to go and I am back to normal!! Yay for me!

Now I'm off to fix my breakfast of one poached egg over 4 tater tots. Lunch will be 1/4 cup tater salad Dinner will be small green salad and maybe 2 shrimp. LOTS of green tea to help it pass along smoothly and hydrate me. I still have my sweets that I love..which is a jaw breaker slowly melting in my mouth between meals.

I am THRILLED...and its just 4 lbs. I feel so much better body-wise. Took me 7 days to do it and I am not miserable. :)

Kudos. When I was younger, I could drop 4 pounds in a day. Now I feel triumphant if I can lose 4 lbs in a month. So way to go!!!!

I'll have to say that the tater tot diet is a new one on me. :)

Kudos. When I was younger, I could drop 4 pounds in a day. Now I feel triumphant if I can lose 4 lbs in a month. So way to go!!!!

Speaking of not so healthy diets....... I had some leftover roast beef, gravy and broth, diced up a quarter large onion and 6 medium potatoes, sauteed them till the potatoes were nearly done, added the diced up roast beef, broth, salt, pepper, 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce and cooked on medium low till almost all the liquid was gone. Home made roast beast hash. :thup:

Speaking of not so healthy diets....... I had some leftover roast beef, gravy and broth, diced up a quarter large onion and 6 medium potatoes, sauteed them till the potatoes were nearly done, added the diced up roast beef, broth, salt, pepper, 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce and cooked on medium low till almost all the liquid was gone. Home made roast beast hash. :thup:

Actually that sounds good. I'm on the way to Albertson's now to shop for tomorrow's lunch with Aunt Betty and Dana, but cooking for the folks we cook for these days has become a science project. No onion, peppers, or lemon/lime for Dana and she has an aversion to greens it seems--Aunt Betty won't eat most cheeses and is off chocolate right now to find out if that is triggering her allergies. When others come, I deal with the brittle diabetics, the one who is allergic to everything plus being completely vegetarian, the vegan, the one who won't eat rice versus the one who eschews any form of pasta and avoid potatoes, etc. etc.

So going for great flavors and a healthy menu is a challenge. But I'm up to it by golly.

Actually that sounds good. I'm on the way to Albertson's now to shop for tomorrow's lunch with Aunt Betty and Dana, but cooking for the folks we cook for these days has become a science project. No onion, peppers, or lemon/lime for Dana and she has an aversion to greens it seems--Aunt Betty won't eat most cheeses and is off chocolate right now to find out if that is triggering her allergies. When others come, I deal with the brittle diabetics, the one who is allergic to everything plus being completely vegetarian, the vegan, the one who won't eat rice versus the one who eschews any form of pasta and avoid potatoes, etc. etc.

So going for great flavors and a healthy menu is a challenge. But I'm up to it by golly.

Wow .. it sounds like a mission impossible, have you ever considered ordering out from a hospital cafeteria, adding some flavor and cutting back on your aspirin intake. Then again, I doubt you've ever backed away from a challenge.

This reminds of my kids, "I don't like fish" . "I don't like spaghetti" , "I don't like this", "I don't like that" ... When I was a kid it was "eat whatever on the plate or else" . Oh well, my wife won the food debate and all I could do was gripe about it.

Bottom line, nowadays they'll eat just about anything but their kids wont... :lol:

Wow .. it sounds like a mission impossible, have you ever considered ordering out from a hospital cafeteria, adding some flavor and cutting back on your aspirin intake. Then again, I doubt you've ever backed away from a challenge.

This reminds of my kids, "I don't like fish" . "I don't like spaghetti" , "I don't like this", "I don't like that" ... When I was a kid it was "eat whatever on the plate or else" . Oh well, my wife won the food debate and all I could do was gripe about it.

Bottom line, nowadays they'll eat just about anything but their kids wont... :lol:

Cooking is a hobby of mine and when I have time to do it and interesting ingredients to work with, I love doing it. So the challenges are fun for me. I have created quite a few unique recipes for my special cases, all--well, most--of which have been well received. Some I wouldn't want to feed just anybody though. :)

By the way the owl icon that xotoxi created for me and served as a button to enter the Coffee Shop that I've used for many years now went suddenly bye bye yesterday. As I am sure it was linked to a graphic on his computer, I now hope he is okay and he inadvertently deleted that graphic when he went to a new computer or something.

Cooking is a hobby of mine and when I have time to do it and interesting ingredients to work with, I love doing it. So the challenges are fun for me. I have created quite a few unique recipes for my special cases, all--well, most--of which have been well received. Some I wouldn't want to feed just anybody though. :)

Lady Foxfyre, you are one unique and amazing Lady.. there's much more but I'n cutting back on my just too familiar weirdness these days.

My wife and I have just started up cooking new recipes together now that the nest is officially empty, I like it and I'm pretty sure I have the a touch for it. I'm pretty weak on my knowledge of spices but I'm enjoying the challenge as well.

We're kinda concentrating on soup and stews in preparation for winter and my wife works at a bakery so life is good but I still end up skinny.

Lady Foxfyre, you are one unique and amazing Lady.. there's much more but I'n cutting back on my just too familiar weirdness these days.

My wife and I have just started up cooking new recipes together now that the nest is officially empty, I like it and I'm pretty sure I have the a touch for it. I'm pretty weak on my knowledge of spices but I'm enjoying the challenge as well.

We're kinda concentrating on soup and stews in preparation for winter and my wife works at a bakery so life is good but I still end up skinny.

I'll forgive you for that last line. I can gain two pounds just walking past and inhaling the aroma at Krispy Kream. :)

But yes, I have been at this longer than you, but I too am still experimenting with spices, flavor profiles, etc. and I still don't have the knack for creative plating. Mostly because some of my dinner guess are grossed out if their food touches other food and such. At least they aren't demanding disassembled pizza or lasagna yet. :)

I'll forgive you for that last line. I can gain two pounds just walking past and inhaling the aroma at Krispy Kream. :)

But yes, I have been at this longer than you, but I too am still experimenting with spices, flavor profiles, etc. and I still don't have the knack for creative plating. Mostly because some of my dinner guess are grossed out if their food touches other food and such. At least they aren't demanding disassembled pizza or lasagna yet. :)

My wife wouldn't want me to say this but she has a similar challenge, it's crazy because she's constantly on the move and really doesn't eat all that much.

I gotta go, things going on .. catch you later Darlin..

I just got back from my walk around the WHOLE BLOCK. Funny how 4 lbs can make such a big difference. But to get the gist of just how HEAVY 4 lbs really is....walk around with a 5 lbs bag of sugar!

We have a set of 400 count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets I bought just over a year ago, soft as a babies bottom. Ordered a couple of sets of 500 count 100% Egyptian cotton sheet sets on sale. The first arrived yesterday, opened the package and felt the sheets....... Not soft and silky as advertised but rough and scratchy, already gave a bad review and they're going back.

Try satin sheets and duvet cover. They are soft, silky, smooth, unashamed luxury. And they are not expensive.

I just got back from my walk around the WHOLE BLOCK. Funny how 4 lbs can make such a big difference. But to get the gist of just how HEAVY 4 lbs really is....walk around with a 5 lbs bag of sugar!

Hello Grace .. on a heath kick I'm assuming, well that's GREAT and I hope you reach all your goals along the way..

Hugs and pleased to see you ... :)

We have a set of 400 count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets I bought just over a year ago, soft as a babies bottom. Ordered a couple of sets of 500 count 100% Egyptian cotton sheet sets on sale. The first arrived yesterday, opened the package and felt the sheets....... Not soft and silky as advertised but rough and scratchy, already gave a bad review and they're going back.

Try satin sheets and duvet cover. They are soft, silky, smooth, unashamed luxury. And they are not expensive.
These days satin is polyester, I prefer natural fabrics.

I sleep on silk pillow cases. Also not expensive, and good for the skin and hair.

I got all my Egyptian cotton sheets from the US. America has a wonderful bed culture.

Forum List

Back