USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well...finally some news from my GI doc! My appt for the "both ends rotor rootered" will be December 5th. Now maybe I can find out for positive if I got a false positive of colon cancer....or.....I have it and can then decide what to do about it.

We'll ramp up the prayers and positive vibes a bit.

Took this long cuz all my docs and the hospital are Adventists. They don't like doing anesthesia but...I am not good with twilight. Doesn't work on me. So..it took a buttload of the GI doc telling them this HAS to be done in a hospital setting WITH an anesthesiologist. This wait has been awful. But at least now I will get a clearer picture of whats going on up/down there.

Normally I would refuse to display any Christmas items before Thanksgiving. However, looking at the weather forecasts this morning and seeing how nice the weather was today versus what it will be this weekend.... Needless to say the outside Christmas lights have been installed....

#3 finally got a job with Amazon in the warehouse packing & shipping and is working overnights from 6:30pm to 5am. Right now, he doesn't have a car.....so guess who provides transportation?????? Actually the hard part is figuring out my own waking/sleeping schedule to fit, then the ability to sleep during those times. I've been getting up @ 3am to have coffee & wake up before leaving the house & allowing plenty of time because of traffic...it's been a challenge, but I'm working on it. Then throw in the fact 'coffee in, must come out NOW'..... and there's no public restrooms available near his work.......I may have to get up @ 2, just to factor that in.

Atleast he likes the job.

Normally I would refuse to display any Christmas items before Thanksgiving. However, looking at the weather forecasts this morning and seeing how nice the weather was today versus what it will be this weekend.... Needless to say the outside Christmas lights have been installed....

Same with us. We normally wait until the first of December to put out our Christmas displays but everybody seemed eager to get it done early this year. I think because we went so abruptly into winter it threw off everybody's clocks.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Beautress for wellness
Kat for wellness
Mindful and her shoulder for healing
All those we love and care about who aren't on the list.
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Peach's Mr. P for wellness and successful surgery and comfort/peace for Peach.
Ringel and Ms Ringel - comfort, wellness, solutions for both.
Extra prayers/positive vibes for gallantwarrior dealing with his own health issues as well as a terribly difficult situation with Rod and increased responsibilities.
Gracie for wellness and good solutions.
Did we miss anybody? Jog my memory please.

screen-shot-2012-10-17-at-8-37-49-am.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Same with us. We normally wait until the first of December to put out our Christmas displays but everybody seemed eager to get it done early this year. I think because we went so abruptly into winter it threw off everybody's clocks.
I'm holding out for December. Can't wait! Love the Christmas season so much and 'twill be a short one this year. But I must wait to honor a great family American tradition: Thanksgiving.

Depositphotos_128590782_l-2015-1000x675.jpg

I'm holding out for December. Can't wait! Love the Christmas season so much and 'twill be a short one this year. But I must wait to honor a great family American tradition: Thanksgiving.

Depositphotos_128590782_l-2015-1000x675.jpg

Hi ! AquaAthena. I miss the days when you gave me big rep. Happy Christmas.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Hello SFC Ollie ... :)

Well, normally it's Christmas lights after Thanksgiving but this year I have regrets that I didn't do it sooner..

Snow drifts up to my belly button and were into single digits..+ & - temperatures here ..:eusa_doh:

Happy Thanksgiving Ollie and Everyone else as well... :11_2_1043:

funny-thanksgiving-cartoon-1.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Checking in to say hi, Started snowing last night, woke up to around 3" on the ground and 6" on the vehicles and wall tops but not to worry, it's supposed to warm up today with rain, most will probably be gone. I won't have to shovel snow. The bathroom is coming along slowly but surely as I am still recovering from that nasty bug from weeks ago.
Sucking down my first pot of coffee then I'll have to start getting ready to cook dinner. See ya'll later, have a wonderful day.

Ringel may have gotten 3" on the ground at his house, but it measures 7" at our house--we may be 5 miles? apart. This morning looking at our driveway and street:

76714021_3537847526227088_8077273530179256320_n.jpg

73021598_3537847599560414_1544781805159186432_n.jpg
I figured we'd get more because we're a tad bit closer to the mountains and the pass. As it is it's melting fast so no need to shovel.
Have the stuffed ham boiling and just pulled the pumpkin pie out of the oven. Got a bit of a late start so dinner won't be ready until almost 7PM.

Forum List

Back