USMB Coffee Shop IV

Itā€™s was a nightmare driving back home from work, the sun goes down at 4:15pm
Fog and ice on the roads, i noticed black ice this morning. 25 miles of roads like this :(

YIKES!!!!!! Black ice is something I have had bad memories with. I thought I was being careful, but....NOT! Down with a bang that hurt and was black and blue for days. The taller a woman is the chances of them breaking something if they fall as our center of gravity is higher than the average woman's which is 5'4". I am 5'7" but because I am slender my chances of breaking something increase even more so. Need more fat but like fashion and health too much to eat those foods I love. Which is why I love to read Ringel05's, Foxfyre's and others' recipes they put up here. They cook the way I used to. :crybaby: lol
I gotta tell you, I make the best Mexican chilli con carne in the Uk ... Iā€™m not kidding. :)
4 pigs.... 7-14-2019--12-3-2019 ....862 lbs hang weight....maybe a few sacks of finish feed....all restaurant /supermarket waste. ~S~
Foxfyre is right! We Do need a WOW button here. lol
Iā€™m just wondering how my bitch top dog would react to us keeping pigs :)
Another "YIKES" for you, Roy! What a hearty-looking specimen. Would not EVEN want to tangle with that beaut!
Sheā€™s the perfect house dog, nothing would harm the wifey with her guarding the house, my furry boy is the sleeping giant, only when the bitch is threatened does he put his arse kicking teeth in.

this is Mr B

Beautiful stocky animals. What breed are they?
These are pedigree Staffordshire bull terriers.

Ah!

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier is a British breed of short-haired terrier of medium size. It originated in the city of Birmingham and in the Black Country of Staffordshire from cross-breeding between the Bulldog and the Black and Tan Terrier. Wikipedia

Hypoallergenic: No
Life expectancy: 12 ā€“ 14 years
Colors: Black, White, Brindle, Fawn, Brindle & White, Black & White, Blue, Fawn & White, Red & White, Red, Blue & White
Temperament: Fearless, Reliable, Intelligent, Affectionate, Bold, Loyal, Courageous

You and your wife have great taste in everything, Roy. You value quality and loyalty. ;)

78825293_2785540281477586_3638029027052093440_o.jpg

Ah!

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier is a British breed of short-haired terrier of medium size. It originated in the city of Birmingham and in the Black Country of Staffordshire from cross-breeding between the Bulldog and the Black and Tan Terrier. Wikipedia

Hypoallergenic: No
Life expectancy: 12 ā€“ 14 years
Colors: Black, White, Brindle, Fawn, Brindle & White, Black & White, Blue, Fawn & White, Red & White, Red, Blue & White
Temperament: Fearless, Reliable, Intelligent, Affectionate, Bold, Loyal, Courageous

You and your wife have great taste in everything, Roy. You value quality and loyalty. ;)

Staffies are the result of breeding Bull mastiffs with Terriers.

7-AEBDD78-2055-4775-9-F3-C-851571789206.jpg

Bull mastiff ^^^
Mr B although a softy can look after himself when given no other choice. He would be the only dog out of the 2 of my dogs Iā€™d allow to play with my grandchildren under my supervision.

Mr B as a puppy
image post host

Well...it's almost 2:30 and I am still awake. In 3 hours...off I go to the hospital to have the endoscopy and colonoscopy. Whoopee. I will NOT do this again. This is the 3rd time..and final time. Starving, can't sleep because they won't allow me to take my meds..pain pill for the RA I deal with all damn day and take ONE at night just to sleep painfree; no ropinerole for my restless legs so they are keeping me from sleeping too; shitting clear water now but still making me run to the bathroom. This SUCKS.
I am to be there at 6am. Procedure will take place around 7:30.

I've walked up and down the alley in my robe just to try to ease my damn legs. I try not to think of food at all. I haven't eaten a solid meal since Wednesday at 5pm. All day Wednesday, it was broth soup, hot tea, water, one bowl of lime jello...and that horrible stuff they make you drink. I'm too old for this shit.

Now I am trying to pass the time until my phone charges up so I can sit there and be zombie playing a damn game since I can't do anything else. Oh, and they said NO SMOKING. I told them to kiss my ass. I'm having my cig whenever I fucking feel like it even up to the time I walk in the hospital waiting room. And I will. Fuck this shit. Did I tell you I will NEVER do this again? Ever. NEVER.

Fuck.

Gracie. I know what a colonoscopy is.

But an endoscopy?
Down my throat and up my ass. In about 40 minutes, give or take.Depends on how fast they are there. I'm READY. Wanna get it over with. Nurse called and asked if I had a written document stating my desires "in case" and I said "you mean if I flatline? No paper..it burned up in the Paradise fire, but I will state it loud and clear once I am on that table in that room. Simply put..DNR! And if they do, I will be PISSED if they jerk me back".

Day 2 of soaking up essential nutients on the beach. Doesn't look like we are going to do any sightseeing. Today I have an unlimited capacity to feel your pain at work. Anyone having bad day there feel free to post here and I will ameliorate the situation. . You may begin while I go fetch another beverage.

Gracie. I know what a colonoscopy is.

But an endoscopy?
Down my throat and up my ass. In about 40 minutes, give or take.Depends on how fast they are there. I'm READY. Wanna get it over with. Nurse called and asked if I had a written document stating my desires "in case" and I said "you mean if I flatline? No paper..it burned up in the Paradise fire, but I will state it loud and clear once I am on that table in that room. Simply put..DNR! And if they do, I will be PISSED if they jerk me back".

Do they play classical music while they are doing it?

After dinner tonight the wife handed me the mail. One of the letters was from my employers, in it was a letter confirming booking on a 5 day course they would like me to attend in the latter part of January in the new year.
My original certification ran out last October and I was hoping Iā€™d not be asked to do the 3 year certificate course again.

Well...it's almost 2:30 and I am still awake. In 3 hours...off I go to the hospital to have the endoscopy and colonoscopy. Whoopee. I will NOT do this again. This is the 3rd time..and final time. Starving, can't sleep because they won't allow me to take my meds..pain pill for the RA I deal with all damn day and take ONE at night just to sleep painfree; no ropinerole for my restless legs so they are keeping me from sleeping too; shitting clear water now but still making me run to the bathroom. This SUCKS.
I am to be there at 6am. Procedure will take place around 7:30.

I've walked up and down the alley in my robe just to try to ease my damn legs. I try not to think of food at all. I haven't eaten a solid meal since Wednesday at 5pm. All day Wednesday, it was broth soup, hot tea, water, one bowl of lime jello...and that horrible stuff they make you drink. I'm too old for this shit.

Now I am trying to pass the time until my phone charges up so I can sit there and be zombie playing a damn game since I can't do anything else. Oh, and they said NO SMOKING. I told them to kiss my ass. I'm having my cig whenever I fucking feel like it even up to the time I walk in the hospital waiting room. And I will. Fuck this shit. Did I tell you I will NEVER do this again? Ever. NEVER.

Fuck.

Come on Gracie. Tell us how you REALLY feel. :) But after having both procedures done (at the same time) a couple of months ago, I can really REALLY sympathize. I presume that it is all over now and you've had breakfast and possibly are getting some sleep.

Itā€™s was a nightmare driving back home from work, the sun goes down at 4:15pm
Fog and ice on the roads, i noticed black ice this morning. 25 miles of roads like this :(

YIKES!!!!!! Black ice is something I have had bad memories with. I thought I was being careful, but....NOT! Down with a bang that hurt and was black and blue for days. The taller a woman is the chances of them breaking something if they fall as our center of gravity is higher than the average woman's which is 5'4". I am 5'7" but because I am slender my chances of breaking something increase even more so. Need more fat but like fashion and health too much to eat those foods I love. Which is why I love to read Ringel05's, Foxfyre's and others' recipes they put up here. They cook the way I used to. :crybaby: lol

Actually my kitchen is something of a science lab, AA, as I cook for people who are diabetics, have IBS, are super picky about their food, are allergic to everything under the sun, and those dealing with cholesterol, triglycerides, heart health, weight challenges, etc. And my challenge (and joy) is to be able to prepare healthy meals that taste really good. But I do cook healthy as much as possible.

Iā€™ve spent time in hospital, various broken bones and procedures, Iā€™ll not bore with details, but I have one thing to say about hospital food. Eat it up... order large portions...offer to eat the other patients food if they donā€™t want it... Iā€™m not a shy person. The reason I say eat it all is the last time you are fed is 6pm. Itā€™s a long weight for breakfast at 8am.

Forum List

Back