USMB Coffee Shop IV

The wife insists I have a couple of hours in bed resting when I get home on a Friday, usually my staffy bitch comes to bed with me and lays on top at the foot of the bed well away from me.
Beef stew and dumplings, thickly cut bread and a glass of cider for dinner tonight, I always wash the dishes and tidy up for my wife, I always did this for my mother too.

Hi all. The wife had her first round of this chemo yesterday which meant six hours at the cancer center most of which was waiting. First blood draw then an hour later meeting with the doc to make sure all was good to start the chemo and discuss possible side effects and precautions then an hour later for the infusion, waiting for the drug to be mixed then an hour administering it via infusion pump. When we left at 6PM she decided she wanted Dominos Pizza after we got home. We quickly decided that was a mistake and will never do that again, back to Dion's......... Their pizza is a thousand times better.
The chemo is Doxorubicin commonly referred to as the Red Devil, she can have eight cycles only over a lifetime, it's that toxic. Part of what the doc covered was dealing with bodily fluids for the first 48 hours after the drug being administered. Close the toilet lid when flushing and flush twice, handle any possible cleanup with rubber gloves and if she sweats profusely wash all affected clothing and bedding separately in hot water. Barring any possible new trials that might pop up this is the last treatment they have available.
In the meantime I'm starting to convert over to all natural, organic foods and no hormone, grass feed meats, eggs and poultry, something I should have done a year ago.
That's all for now. Hope all of you are doing well.

Hi all. The wife had her first round of this chemo yesterday which meant six hours at the cancer center most of which was waiting. First blood draw then an hour later meeting with the doc to make sure all was good to start the chemo and discuss possible side effects and precautions then an hour later for the infusion, waiting for the drug to be mixed then an hour administering it via infusion pump. When we left at 6PM she decided she wanted Dominos Pizza after we got home. We quickly decided that was a mistake and will never do that again, back to Dion's......... Their pizza is a thousand times better.
The chemo is Doxorubicin commonly referred to as the Red Devil, she can have eight cycles only over a lifetime, it's that toxic. Part of what the doc covered was dealing with bodily fluids for the first 48 hours after the drug being administered. Close the toilet lid when flushing and flush twice, handle any possible cleanup with rubber gloves and if she sweats profusely wash all affected clothing and bedding separately in hot water. Barring any possible new trials that might pop up this is the last treatment they have available.
In the meantime I'm starting to convert over to all natural, organic foods and no hormone, grass feed meats, eggs and poultry, something I should have done a year ago.

Fingers crossed the chemo is effective this time around. :eusa_pray:

Saturday morning!

7 December...No cartoon today.

GettyImages-628301504-1280x720.jpg

Whoa, Ringle05, I had no idea your wife was having serious health problems. It's what I get for not being here every day. I miss things. But, THIS!!!! This is REALLY serious and I will be adding Ms. R. to my very own prayer list every night. Please tell her she is on the mind of those who care for you and for her. :eusa_pray:

That time of year. Spent last night having dinner and spending money at the Butler Institute of American Art. Last night was the preview show for their annual Christmas Arts and Crafts show. Over 75 vendors and last night was by invitation only. They will be open to the public today and tomorrow. Anyway my good friend Maureen was once again my dinner date. Loads of fun.
79360653_10207009383548884_7144365414686916608_o.jpg

Well....throat is still awful and I can barely swallow. Been sleeping alot. Throat numbing stuff is ok I guess...but it seems like it is not as tender as it was yesterday. Maybe by tomorrow I can eat. Still hungry but not enough to put more torture on swallowing.

Thanks for the well wishes, folks. I should get results by monday. If not, I will call doc and ask him what the rsults are. Regardless of his findings, I will NOT do this again. Upper OR lower. :206:

I will check in again later if I feel better. Sleeping, I don't have to swallow. So...I'm off to bed. Again.:huddle:
Gracie, I'm glad the worst part of those procedures are behind you and tests come back with positive results to give you some peace of mind. I so empathize with your ordeal I have been reading this AM. :eusa_pray:

The wife insists I have a couple of hours in bed resting when I get home on a Friday, usually my staffy bitch comes to bed with me and lays on top at the foot of the bed well away from me.
Beef stew and dumplings, thickly cut bread and a glass of cider for dinner tonight, I always wash the dishes and tidy up for my wife, I always did this for my mother too.
I have noticed and experienced more than once a man who loves his mother and treats her well and loves dogs can make for a healthy partner choice in real life. A man who hates or resents his mother is a man to avoid if one is looking for love. Or at the very least wait about two years before any commitment if that is what one is seeking. And yes, I know there are exceptions to my experiences. Roy sounds like a grateful person. Gratitude is something I try to count the reasons for every day. It keeps me in a happier state of mind.

Have you checked to see if there's anything promising in trials? Don't forget they can't deny that to you anymore.

Have you checked to see if there's anything promising in trials? Don't forget they can't deny that to you anymore.
She's on waiting lists for new studies, so far there are not that match her cancer profile but we and the medical team keep checking. MD Anderson in Houston has a Sarcoma Center, I think it's the only one in the nation, we're in constant contact with them and they with us and our medical team. So far nothing yet. The problem is the type of cancer she has, the rarest of the rare cancers, Leiomyosarcoma and not completely understood at least not to the degree carcinomas are understood and treatable.

One of our coffee shop members insisted I show more of my pictures.
We live in Mercia, an old Anglo Saxon territory called Hwicce, it was very important it is situated near the River Severn in England, in fact the river meanders through it.
The Romans gave the area firstly to retired Roman soldiers who made it a Ceastre, a fortified town. Then the Anglo Saxons took over administration.
The building of our huge Norman cathedral ensured the city as a prominent religious centre.

O
ur cathedral

An Anglo Saxon burial reenactment of a ship bringing the body up the river in a viking ship.
D33-C2633-65-A0-40-A1-8-CAE-37337-F7258-D1.jpg

Anglo Saxons
image uploading

Last edited:
Ok it’s 6:36 pm the wife has despatched me to the local Indian restaurant for a takeaway, I won money on the lottery again so I’m treating her and myself. We have the sky boxing championship on tv this meal will be eaten before the main fight.

Well...since THursday, I have lost 5 lbs. That's a plus. I also bought some nicoderm patches. Sunday is the beginning of my quit day. Can't smoke due to sore throat that is still painful and the withdrawals suck, so...I'll get my nicotine via the patch, then wean down to nada. I hope.
Trying to think of something I can do with my hands during the cessation. Don't wanna paint. Might tinker around with beading once I feel better IF i can handle holding tiny beads.
So far, nether region is functioning normally. Upper region, painful. Been kinda quiet and will probably stay that way awhile. Just too tired to get involved in chitchatting, and prefer to be in bed asleep.

Love you guys. Will pop back in when I start feeling more normal, and when I get results, I will holler.

One of our coffee shop members insisted I show more of my pictures.
We live in Mercia, an old Anglo Saxon territory called Hwicce, it was very important it is situated near the River Severn in England, in fact the river meanders through it.
The Romans gave the area firstly to retired Roman soldiers who made it a Ceastre, a fortified town. Then the Anglo Saxons took over administration.
The building of our huge Norman cathedral ensured the city as a prominent religious centre.

O
ur cathedral

An Anglo Saxon burial reenactment of a ship bringing the body up the river in a viking ship.
D33-C2633-65-A0-40-A1-8-CAE-37337-F7258-D1.jpg

Anglo Saxons
image uploading
Well, not long ago I wouldn't have known diddly squat about mercia but I do now that I have watched the tv show Vikings. :)

Lucerne dairy products--carried by Albertsons--say their products are hormone free. Peach has been ordering meats from an outfit that are grass fed, hormone free, wild etc.

Lucerne dairy products--carried by Albertsons--say their products are hormone free. Peach has been ordering meats from an outfit that are grass fed, hormone free, wild etc.
I've been checking out different products at all the stores even Walmart.

Well....throat is still awful and I can barely swallow. Been sleeping alot. Throat numbing stuff is ok I guess...but it seems like it is not as tender as it was yesterday. Maybe by tomorrow I can eat. Still hungry but not enough to put more torture on swallowing.

Thanks for the well wishes, folks. I should get results by monday. If not, I will call doc and ask him what the rsults are. Regardless of his findings, I will NOT do this again. Upper OR lower. :206:

I will check in again later if I feel better. Sleeping, I don't have to swallow. So...I'm off to bed. Again.:huddle:

Wendy's Frosty?

Forum List

Back