USMB Coffee Shop IV

Top-10-Cats-Playing-With-Wrapping-Paper-8-510x292.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Hi all. The wife had her first round of this chemo yesterday which meant six hours at the cancer center most of which was waiting. First blood draw then an hour later meeting with the doc to make sure all was good to start the chemo and discuss possible side effects and precautions then an hour later for the infusion, waiting for the drug to be mixed then an hour administering it via infusion pump. When we left at 6PM she decided she wanted Dominos Pizza after we got home. We quickly decided that was a mistake and will never do that again, back to Dion's......... Their pizza is a thousand times better.
The chemo is Doxorubicin commonly referred to as the Red Devil, she can have eight cycles only over a lifetime, it's that toxic. Part of what the doc covered was dealing with bodily fluids for the first 48 hours after the drug being administered. Close the toilet lid when flushing and flush twice, handle any possible cleanup with rubber gloves and if she sweats profusely wash all affected clothing and bedding separately in hot water. Barring any possible new trials that might pop up this is the last treatment they have available.
In the meantime I'm starting to convert over to all natural, organic foods and no hormone, grass feed meats, eggs and poultry, something I should have done a year ago.
That's all for now. Hope all of you are doing well.

:smiliehug: To you and your wife

Hi all. The wife had her first round of this chemo yesterday which meant six hours at the cancer center most of which was waiting. First blood draw then an hour later meeting with the doc to make sure all was good to start the chemo and discuss possible side effects and precautions then an hour later for the infusion, waiting for the drug to be mixed then an hour administering it via infusion pump. When we left at 6PM she decided she wanted Dominos Pizza after we got home. We quickly decided that was a mistake and will never do that again, back to Dion's......... Their pizza is a thousand times better.
The chemo is Doxorubicin commonly referred to as the Red Devil, she can have eight cycles only over a lifetime, it's that toxic. Part of what the doc covered was dealing with bodily fluids for the first 48 hours after the drug being administered. Close the toilet lid when flushing and flush twice, handle any possible cleanup with rubber gloves and if she sweats profusely wash all affected clothing and bedding separately in hot water. Barring any possible new trials that might pop up this is the last treatment they have available.
In the meantime I'm starting to convert over to all natural, organic foods and no hormone, grass feed meats, eggs and poultry, something I should have done a year ago.
Best of luck with your wife.

Have a friend that beat stage 4 pancreatic cancer, given 4vmonths to live. He had heard about Jimmy Carter going here and beating his cancer....Might want to investigate as it is NON INVASIVE and takes all insurance. Look at his website as a few minutes spent and a phone call could help her.

Www.rsny.org

Best to het!

Looking at this picture reminds me even now of times with my maternal grandmother, when I was at a pre-school age she used to look after me whilst my mother went to work, she’d take me into the city to where other members of the family lived. I’d meet new people each visit.
Bishop Hooper burnt at the stake in this spot and this was erected to commemorate it.
I can remember it as “the man in the cage.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

Have a friend that beat stage 4 pancreatic cancer, given 4vmonths to live. He had heard about Jimmy Carter going here and beating his cancer....Might want to investigate as it is NON INVASIVE and takes all insurance. Look at his website as a few minutes spent and a phone call could help her.

Www.rsny.org

Best to het!

Welcome to the Coffee Shop The Purge . Happy you found us. Please read over the opening post to this thread to see what we are all about in the Coffee Shop and continue joining right in.

And first timers receive a complimentary beverage:

030533b3c327ed4111bcaf76f38de07a.jpg

Www.rsny.org

Best to het!

Welcome to the Coffee Shop The Purge . Happy you found us. Please read over the opening post to this thread to see what we are all about in the Coffee Shop and continue joining right in.

And first timers receive a complimentary beverage:

030533b3c327ed4111bcaf76f38de07a.jpg
Hello and welcome to the coffee shop.

Our cat gets in the cabinet under the kitchen sink sometimes unbeknownst to me and startles me when she comes out as I'm standing there and the door bumps my legs. A few months ago, this happened again.....so I step back to give her room to get out. Only this time she was coming out backwards and in an awkwardly manner and at first I couldn't tell what was going on.
Then I seen she had 'something' in her mouth and I skeedaddled to the other room and hollered for #3 to come to the rescue. I was afraid it was still alive and she'd let it go to play with it, but once she was cleared of the cabinet though, she dropped it and left the scene. Thankfully it wasn't.

After a good laugh and cleaned the scene, we congratulated her on her first kill.

Okay, hooman has video 2 all wrong.

Step 1: Get hooman to use bag.

repeat step one until hooman uses bag.

Step 2: play with hooman so as to dispose of wrapping paper and make hooman happy.

Step 3: take nap. Hoomans are exhausting.

Okay, hooman has video 2 all wrong.

Step 1: Get hooman to use bag.

repeat step one until hooman uses bag.

Step 2: play with hooman so as to dispose of wrapping paper and make hooman happy.

Step 3: take nap. Hoomans are exhausting.

not only that, but the guy was playing favorites by letting the black cat play with the paper, but not the other one......so what did he expect????

Forum List

Back