USMB Coffee Shop IV

There should be one place in the USMB village where folks can just be themselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door or worked together or joined the same gym.

This is a place to just come in and say hi, let us know what's going on with you these days, celebrate joys, concerns, jokes, music, hobbies, interests, love and life.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

04dKB.jpg
/———/ Boooooooooooring.

There are plenty of other forums & threads on this board to get your excitement from. With such a diverse crowd and amount of fighting, there should always be a place to gather with gloves off. To share more personal struggles and success's whether great or small, or to just chat, or chuckle, with the knowledge of being accepted without fear of ridicule or malice. Those of us who visit the Coffee Shop, realize the need for balance, to experience the relaxing calm or take a breather among friends. This is a good place for all that and an even better group of people to do it with. Maybe you ought to try it sometime, just remember your manners :)

Thank you for this JAN. You absolutely demonstrate the spirit of what the Coffee Shop is intended to be. ((((hugs))))
Righto! I even get along with Pogo here.

There's a couple vistors that I behave myself 'Only because I have too'...….but if I catch them elsewhere, all bets are off :04:

and BTW...….you have no idea how many times I had to edit that before posting. :04:

There should be one place in the USMB village where folks can just be themselves and get to know each other as we would if we lived next door or worked together or joined the same gym.

This is a place to just come in and say hi, let us know what's going on with you these days, celebrate joys, concerns, jokes, music, hobbies, interests, love and life.

So check your spurs, sidearms, politics, and religious fussing at the door, come in to enjoy an adult beverage or a hot cup of coffee and a piece of pie or whatever comforts your soul, and let's just enjoy each other.

04dKB.jpg
/———/ Boooooooooooring.
Cheese Louise, Cellerblock. Why didn't you tell us what you really think. <giggle>
/—-/ Why don’t you USMB guys form a quilting club?
Because they snore same as me when the guys talk handgun weapons shop. We endure because we're friends here, doll. And we put up with our pals, whether it's caliberspeak or uneven log cabins blocks. You're welcome to join, but it's not ever boring to listen to a friend. At least not to me.

You snore, Becki? My wife says she doesn't snore. She says she's dreaming that she's riding a motorcycle. I don't argue with her.
I used to not snore, but the other night I woke up dreaming I was snoring. I could swear I heard a snore. I've had a sinus infection buddying up with my case of asthma. It ain't purdy.

04dKB.jpg
/———/ Boooooooooooring.

There are plenty of other forums & threads on this board to get your excitement from. With such a diverse crowd and amount of fighting, there should always be a place to gather with gloves off. To share more personal struggles and success's whether great or small, or to just chat, or chuckle, with the knowledge of being accepted without fear of ridicule or malice. Those of us who visit the Coffee Shop, realize the need for balance, to experience the relaxing calm or take a breather among friends. This is a good place for all that and an even better group of people to do it with. Maybe you ought to try it sometime, just remember your manners :)

Thank you for this JAN. You absolutely demonstrate the spirit of what the Coffee Shop is intended to be. ((((hugs))))

Aw Hoss. Man'd hafta be a damn fool to not get along wit chew. :)

Wow, Foxy's done the place up rat nice. Looks like being the first one in at the strip joint.

04dKB.jpg
/———/ Boooooooooooring.

Wow, Foxy's done the place up rat nice. Looks like being the first one in at the strip joint.
I've never been to a strip joint. Think I'll go take a nap and see if I wake up snoring. <giggle>

/———/ Boooooooooooring.

I've never been to a strip joint. Think I'll go take a nap and see if I wake up snoring. <giggle>

I never have either. I've seen them in uh, books. :eusa_angel:

04dKB.jpg
/———/ Boooooooooooring.

Me too though we agree on pretty much nothing outside of the Coffee Shop, Pogo is a funny, charming, caring person that I really like in here. :)

04dKB.jpg
/———/ Boooooooooooring.
Cheese Louise, Cellerblock. Why didn't you tell us what you really think. <giggle>
/—-/ Why don’t you USMB guys form a quilting club?

Beautress has a quilting thread elsewhere. But here in the Coffee shop we discuss medical stuff, dogs, cats, goats, bunny rabbits, birds, recipes, remodeling projects, decorating, cars, travels, jobs, issues at work, relocating in jobs and cities and such, various hobbies and art projects, relationships, engineering, mechanics, airplanes, education courses, wild foxes, and. . .well. . .I just don't have time to list it all. Oh, and occasionally Beautress's quilting. :)

So stick around @Cellblock and you might find you like it. If not that's okay too. Everybody isn't going to love us.

But as a newcomer to the Coffee Shop you do get a complimentary beverage:

tropicaldrink-7443_2.jpg

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.
And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Seagal and Mr. Seagal.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Jackson for wellness.
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Beautress for wellness.
Gracie and Mr. G. for continued progress for solutions.
Extra prayers/positive vibes for gallantwarrior dealing with his own health issues as well as a terribly difficult situation with Rod and stresses of caring for the animals.
Peach's Mr. P for continued progress, healing, and recovery.
Ringel and Ms Ringel - comfort, wellness, solutions for both.
Good results for Nosmo's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Beautress and SFC Ollie dealing with death and final arrangements for loved ones.

And we leave a light on so that those who have been away can find their way back, and we rejoice when they do.

The waning days of February can be some of the snowiest of winter. But the back of winter is broken. And we can hear spring knocking on the door.
906344306-daffodils_emerging_through_snow.jpg

04dKB.jpg
/———/ Boooooooooooring.

Me too though we agree on pretty much nothing outside of the Coffee Shop, Pogo is a funny, charming, caring person that I really like in here. :)

Pogo ???

He's always mean to me and calls me names, horrid names ..:(.. he's a brute.....

psst .. and yet, oddly enough .. I agree.. lol

Last edited:
/———/ Boooooooooooring.

Pogo ???

He's always mean to me and calls me names, horrid names ..:(.. he's a brute.....

The word of choice here is 'darling'. :love_ya4:

Pogo ???

mmm .. so anyway.. I'm kinda confused here ..:popcorn:

Pogo ???

mmm .. so anyway.. I'm kinda confused here ..

This place is a hiatus from the name calling.

Pogo ???

Awww shucks .. I was only kidding... mostly... ;)

Last edited:
hmmmmm …..any chance of a full moon tonight????
It was a full moon when my nephew died on Feb 9. He suffered from seizures, and I didn't even know it till I got a call from his wife the evening of Feb. 8.

I'm sorry Miss Beau, I hadn't meant to remind you of that. I am so sorry :smiliehug:

I was being a bit facetious and sarcastic and trying to hide it in a more CS appropriate way toward 2 of those that I have to be nice too. Cause anywhere else on this board, it would have ended a bit differently. ;)

Pogo ???

I was only kidding... mostly... ;)

:rolleyes:

It was a full moon when my nephew died on Feb 9. He suffered from seizures, and I didn't even know it till I got a call from his wife the evening of Feb. 8.

I'm sorry Miss Beau, I hadn't meant to remind you of that. I am so sorry :smiliehug:

I was being a bit facetious and sarcastic and trying to hide it in a more CS appropriate way toward 2 of those that I have to be nice too. Cause anywhere else on this board, it would have ended a bit differently. ;)
Not your fault. I was just obsessing because his life on this planet was not a good one for him. He was born with a birth defect my sister would not discuss. She drank, she smoked, she did drugs, but no matter what I loved her to pieces. She died 3 years ago, and her son disappeared on and off. One day out of the blue about a year ago, I got a call to his house and met his wife of 2 years. She seemed such a sweetie. They met when he began caring for her and had been acquainted in elementary school. They fell in love, but he continued getting a salary from a care giver's outfit for continuing his work, even after they got married. Even so, there are things about marriage that stress some people, and on a scale of 1 to 10, he suddenly became a 9. He tried to explain it to me a week before he passed away, but I just told him marriage had times you needed to adjust. On Feb 8 his wife called and said he was having seizures. Since my sister never discussed his issues, I was unaware of his history of seizures from an early age on. His dad passed away about 6 years ago, and my sister, 3 years ago. She had been his anchor, but he was offish by adulthood and as many times as I offered him help, he disappeared with no forwarding address, no phone calls, nothing. I was looking forward to spending time with him and his wife for life, when her call came. I went because she said I would be the only one to convince him to get into the ambulance. So I dropped everything and flew over there to find him writhing on the floor with a terrible full-body seizure, and reassured him the ambulance people were there to make sure he was okay, so he started cooperating enough to get him on a guerney, although he was visibly unhappy and looked terrorized. I followed his ambulance to the hospital with his wife in the car. When we got there they soon made it known they did not have the facilities to help his problem and airlifted him to a hospital nearby that did. So, again, we got into the car and followed the freeway to the hospital that was about 35 miles away. It was a long night, but it was already early in the morning, and relatives were called and drove the distance to the hospital. I spent a lot of time in his room, bemoaning about not listening to him more carefully, but thinking all along he would get better. What I didn't know is that the machines were all that were between him and the grave. I thought up to the time the family voted to remove the life-saving equipment, that he would make a miraculous recovery and we could look into why he was convulsing so strangely. I was holding his hand to give him courage when they removed the tubes, but instead of opening his eyes and blinking hope back to us, he flatlined in less than 5 minutes.

When you said full moon, I had been trying to remember when he passed away, had found out it was Feb. 9, and I knew when I drove home it was a full moon light which was helpful to my return trip home. I looked it up online, and it was Feb 8, and it was bright when we made our trip to the hospital because of the full moon. Then I called up his wife, and she confirmed it was Feb. 9 when he passed. Having nothing better to do, I came back here, and noticed the words "full moon." the same day. I was obsessing about if I had done this or known that or questioned my sister more about him while she was still living--you know, the coulda woulda shoulda routine.

So I'm sorry if you're feeling liable but it's my fault to have been obsessing. I just didn't deal with it well because i was probably the only one there who was absolutely sure he'd bounce right back into life when they removed the tubes. My cousin said quite plainly there was no hope for him before or after the tubes were taken out. Derr. I just kept on thinking he'd bounce back. Didn't happen. It's nobody's fault.

Please forgive me, J.A.N. You have never been anything but kind and thoughtful to everyone here. If anyone is to blame it is on me for obsessing over something no one alive had anything to do with. They were just keeping him alive with machines. The damages his extreme seizures caused were irreversible. He seized horrendously nonstop all night and all day and had seized 3 or 4 times while we were discussing whether to remove the tubes or not. The nurses and doctor were recommending withdrawing the tubes. When your life is over, it's over. People in the ER are skilled in their practice of dealing with people on the edge between life and death and have a good series of tests that determine whether there's hope or not and the percentages were one in a million. That's bad odds, and I was deaf to bad odds.

Worked on a quilt this afternoon, and am getting back to it. Everything is lime and dark green, the color of life and growth. Our sorrows define how wonderful good times are. A toast to your good and beneficent life, J.A.N., Foxy, and all who come here and share stuff, good and bad.
To life and good stuff. :beer:
And prayers for all the rest. :eusa_pray:

Last edited:

Not your fault. I was just obsessing because his life on this planet was not a good one for him. He was born with a birth defect my sister would not discuss. She drank, she smoked, she did drugs, but no matter what I loved her to pieces. She died 3 years ago, and her son disappeared on and off. One day out of the blue about a year ago, I got a call to his house and met his wife of 2 years. She seemed such a sweetie. They met when he began caring for her and had been acquainted in elementary school. They fell in love, but he continued getting a salary from a care giver's outfit for continuing his work, even after they got married. Even so, there are things about marriage that stress some people, and on a scale of 1 to 10, he suddenly became a 9. He tried to explain it to me a week before he passed away, but I just told him marriage had times you needed to adjust. On Feb 8 his wife called and said he was having seizures. Since my sister never discussed his issues, I was unaware of his history of seizures from an early age on. His dad passed away about 6 years ago, and my sister, 3 years ago. She had been his anchor, but he was offish by adulthood and as many times as I offered him help, he disappeared with no forwarding address, no phone calls, nothing. I was looking forward to spending time with him and his wife for life, when her call came. I went because she said I would be the only one to convince him to get into the ambulance. So I dropped everything and flew over there to find him writhing on the floor with a terrible full-body seizure, and reassured him the ambulance people were there to make sure he was okay, so he started cooperating enough to get him on a guerney, although he was visibly unhappy and looked terrorized. I followed his ambulance to the hospital with his wife in the car. When we got there they soon made it known they did not have the facilities to help his problem and airlifted him to a hospital nearby that did. So, again, we got into the car and followed the freeway to the hospital that was about 35 miles away. It was a long night, but it was already early in the morning, and relatives were called and drove the distance to the hospital. I spent a lot of time in his room, bemoaning about not listening to him more carefully, but thinking all along he would get better. What I didn't know is that the machines were all that were between him and the grave. I thought up to the time the family voted to remove the life-saving equipment, that he would make a miraculous recovery and we could look into why he was convulsing so strangely. I was holding his hand to give him courage when they removed the tubes, but instead of opening his eyes and blinking hope back to us, he flatlined in less than 5 minutes.

When you said full moon, I had been trying to remember when he passed away, had found out it was Feb. 9, and I knew when I drove home it was a full moon light which was helpful to my return trip home. I looked it up online, and it was Feb 8, and it was bright when we made our trip to the hospital because of the full moon. Then I called up his wife, and she confirmed it was Feb. 9 when he passed. Having nothing better to do, I came back here, and noticed the words "full moon." the same day. I was obsessing about if I had done this or known that or questioned my sister more about him while she was still living--you know, the coulda woulda shoulda routine.

So I'm sorry if you're feeling liable but it's my fault to have been obsessing. I just didn't deal with it well because i was probably the only one there who was absolutely sure he'd bounce right back into life when they removed the tubes. My cousin said quite plainly there was no hope for him before or after the tubes were taken out. Derr. I just kept on thinking he'd bounce back. Didn't happen. It's nobody's fault.

Please forgive me, J.A.N. You have never been anything but kind and thoughtful to everyone here. If anyone is to blame it is on me for obsessing over something no one alive had anything to do with. They were just keeping him alive with machines. The damages his extreme seizures caused were irreversible. He seized horrendously nonstop all night and all day and had seized 3 or 4 times while we were discussing whether to remove the tubes or not. The nurses and doctor were recommending withdrawing the tubes. When your life is over, it's over. People in the ER are skilled in their practice of dealing with people on the edge between life and death and have a good series of tests that determine whether there's hope or not and the percentages were one in a million. That's bad odds, and I was deaf to bad odds.

Worked on a quilt this afternoon, and am getting back to it. Everything is lime and dark green, the color of life and growth. Our sorrows define how wonderful good times are. A toast to your good and beneficent life, J.A.N., Foxy, and all who come here and share stuff, good and bad.
To life and good stuff. :beer:

Indeed. So much death, sadness, marriages breaking down, you name it.

Let the good times return. :dance:

The British are not as forthcoming about their emotions as the Americans. They say that's why the Coronavirus is more contained.They don't hug all that much. :4_13_65:

Forum List

Back