USMB Coffee Shop IV

hmmmmm …..any chance of a full moon tonight????
It was a full moon when my nephew died on Feb 9. He suffered from seizures, and I didn't even know it till I got a call from his wife the evening of Feb. 8.

I'm sorry Miss Beau, I hadn't meant to remind you of that. I am so sorry :smiliehug:

I was being a bit facetious and sarcastic and trying to hide it in a more CS appropriate way toward 2 of those that I have to be nice too. Cause anywhere else on this board, it would have ended a bit differently. ;)
Not your fault. I was just obsessing because his life on this planet was not a good one for him. He was born with a birth defect my sister would not discuss. She drank, she smoked, she did drugs, but no matter what I loved her to pieces. She died 3 years ago, and her son disappeared on and off. One day out of the blue about a year ago, I got a call to his house and met his wife of 2 years. She seemed such a sweetie. They met when he began caring for her and had been acquainted in elementary school. They fell in love, but he continued getting a salary from a care giver's outfit for continuing his work, even after they got married. Even so, there are things about marriage that stress some people, and on a scale of 1 to 10, he suddenly became a 9. He tried to explain it to me a week before he passed away, but I just told him marriage had times you needed to adjust. On Feb 8 his wife called and said he was having seizures. Since my sister never discussed his issues, I was unaware of his history of seizures from an early age on. His dad passed away about 6 years ago, and my sister, 3 years ago. She had been his anchor, but he was offish by adulthood and as many times as I offered him help, he disappeared with no forwarding address, no phone calls, nothing. I was looking forward to spending time with him and his wife for life, when her call came. I went because she said I would be the only one to convince him to get into the ambulance. So I dropped everything and flew over there to find him writhing on the floor with a terrible full-body seizure, and reassured him the ambulance people were there to make sure he was okay, so he started cooperating enough to get him on a guerney, although he was visibly unhappy and looked terrorized. I followed his ambulance to the hospital with his wife in the car. When we got there they soon made it known they did not have the facilities to help his problem and airlifted him to a hospital nearby that did. So, again, we got into the car and followed the freeway to the hospital that was about 35 miles away. It was a long night, but it was already early in the morning, and relatives were called and drove the distance to the hospital. I spent a lot of time in his room, bemoaning about not listening to him more carefully, but thinking all along he would get better. What I didn't know is that the machines were all that were between him and the grave. I thought up to the time the family voted to remove the life-saving equipment, that he would make a miraculous recovery and we could look into why he was convulsing so strangely. I was holding his hand to give him courage when they removed the tubes, but instead of opening his eyes and blinking hope back to us, he flatlined in less than 5 minutes.

When you said full moon, I had been trying to remember when he passed away, had found out it was Feb. 9, and I knew when I drove home it was a full moon light which was helpful to my return trip home. I looked it up online, and it was Feb 8, and it was bright when we made our trip to the hospital because of the full moon. Then I called up his wife, and she confirmed it was Feb. 9 when he passed. Having nothing better to do, I came back here, and noticed the words "full moon." the same day. I was obsessing about if I had done this or known that or questioned my sister more about him while she was still living--you know, the coulda woulda shoulda routine.

So I'm sorry if you're feeling liable but it's my fault to have been obsessing. I just didn't deal with it well because i was probably the only one there who was absolutely sure he'd bounce right back into life when they removed the tubes. My cousin said quite plainly there was no hope for him before or after the tubes were taken out. Derr. I just kept on thinking he'd bounce back. Didn't happen. It's nobody's fault.

Please forgive me, J.A.N. You have never been anything but kind and thoughtful to everyone here. If anyone is to blame it is on me for obsessing over something no one alive had anything to do with. They were just keeping him alive with machines. The damages his extreme seizures caused were irreversible. He seized horrendously nonstop all night and all day and had seized 3 or 4 times while we were discussing whether to remove the tubes or not. The nurses and doctor were recommending withdrawing the tubes. When your life is over, it's over. People in the ER are skilled in their practice of dealing with people on the edge between life and death and have a good series of tests that determine whether there's hope or not and the percentages were one in a million. That's bad odds, and I was deaf to bad odds.

Worked on a quilt this afternoon, and am getting back to it. Everything is lime and dark green, the color of life and growth. Our sorrows define how wonderful good times are. A toast to your good and beneficent life, J.A.N., Foxy, and all who come here and share stuff, good and bad.
To life and good stuff. :beer:

Indeed. So much death, sadness, marriages breaking down, you name it.

Let the good times return. :dance:

The British are not as forthcoming about their emotions as the Americans. They say that's why the Coronavirus is more contained.They don't hug all that much. :4_13_65:
I don't know. The only one I knew while we lived in Wyoming was gracious and kindly. She was the one that told me (and it's true) that tea tastes better if you use just a little bit of sugar in it. (We were using heaping spoonsful of it in ours before that.) Her name was Elaine, and her husband's name was Andy. I didn't hear they had transferred until a month after they were gone. I hadn't had time to tell her my daughter's middle name was given to be Elaine after her. Seems he was in oil and uranium, but she was as proper as royalty, imho, and a very lovely person. I never heard if they stayed back east where they relocated or found their way back home to Great Britain.

It was a full moon when my nephew died on Feb 9. He suffered from seizures, and I didn't even know it till I got a call from his wife the evening of Feb. 8.

I'm sorry Miss Beau, I hadn't meant to remind you of that. I am so sorry :smiliehug:

I was being a bit facetious and sarcastic and trying to hide it in a more CS appropriate way toward 2 of those that I have to be nice too. Cause anywhere else on this board, it would have ended a bit differently. ;)
Not your fault. I was just obsessing because his life on this planet was not a good one for him. He was born with a birth defect my sister would not discuss. She drank, she smoked, she did drugs, but no matter what I loved her to pieces. She died 3 years ago, and her son disappeared on and off. One day out of the blue about a year ago, I got a call to his house and met his wife of 2 years. She seemed such a sweetie. They met when he began caring for her and had been acquainted in elementary school. They fell in love, but he continued getting a salary from a care giver's outfit for continuing his work, even after they got married. Even so, there are things about marriage that stress some people, and on a scale of 1 to 10, he suddenly became a 9. He tried to explain it to me a week before he passed away, but I just told him marriage had times you needed to adjust. On Feb 8 his wife called and said he was having seizures. Since my sister never discussed his issues, I was unaware of his history of seizures from an early age on. His dad passed away about 6 years ago, and my sister, 3 years ago. She had been his anchor, but he was offish by adulthood and as many times as I offered him help, he disappeared with no forwarding address, no phone calls, nothing. I was looking forward to spending time with him and his wife for life, when her call came. I went because she said I would be the only one to convince him to get into the ambulance. So I dropped everything and flew over there to find him writhing on the floor with a terrible full-body seizure, and reassured him the ambulance people were there to make sure he was okay, so he started cooperating enough to get him on a guerney, although he was visibly unhappy and looked terrorized. I followed his ambulance to the hospital with his wife in the car. When we got there they soon made it known they did not have the facilities to help his problem and airlifted him to a hospital nearby that did. So, again, we got into the car and followed the freeway to the hospital that was about 35 miles away. It was a long night, but it was already early in the morning, and relatives were called and drove the distance to the hospital. I spent a lot of time in his room, bemoaning about not listening to him more carefully, but thinking all along he would get better. What I didn't know is that the machines were all that were between him and the grave. I thought up to the time the family voted to remove the life-saving equipment, that he would make a miraculous recovery and we could look into why he was convulsing so strangely. I was holding his hand to give him courage when they removed the tubes, but instead of opening his eyes and blinking hope back to us, he flatlined in less than 5 minutes.

When you said full moon, I had been trying to remember when he passed away, had found out it was Feb. 9, and I knew when I drove home it was a full moon light which was helpful to my return trip home. I looked it up online, and it was Feb 8, and it was bright when we made our trip to the hospital because of the full moon. Then I called up his wife, and she confirmed it was Feb. 9 when he passed. Having nothing better to do, I came back here, and noticed the words "full moon." the same day. I was obsessing about if I had done this or known that or questioned my sister more about him while she was still living--you know, the coulda woulda shoulda routine.

So I'm sorry if you're feeling liable but it's my fault to have been obsessing. I just didn't deal with it well because i was probably the only one there who was absolutely sure he'd bounce right back into life when they removed the tubes. My cousin said quite plainly there was no hope for him before or after the tubes were taken out. Derr. I just kept on thinking he'd bounce back. Didn't happen. It's nobody's fault.

Please forgive me, J.A.N. You have never been anything but kind and thoughtful to everyone here. If anyone is to blame it is on me for obsessing over something no one alive had anything to do with. They were just keeping him alive with machines. The damages his extreme seizures caused were irreversible. He seized horrendously nonstop all night and all day and had seized 3 or 4 times while we were discussing whether to remove the tubes or not. The nurses and doctor were recommending withdrawing the tubes. When your life is over, it's over. People in the ER are skilled in their practice of dealing with people on the edge between life and death and have a good series of tests that determine whether there's hope or not and the percentages were one in a million. That's bad odds, and I was deaf to bad odds.

Worked on a quilt this afternoon, and am getting back to it. Everything is lime and dark green, the color of life and growth. Our sorrows define how wonderful good times are. A toast to your good and beneficent life, J.A.N., Foxy, and all who come here and share stuff, good and bad.

The British are not as forthcoming about their emotions as the Americans. They say that's why the Coronavirus is more contained.They don't hug all that much. :4_13_65:
I don't know. The only one I knew while we lived in Wyoming was gracious and kindly. She was the one that told me (and it's true) that tea tastes better if you use just a little bit of sugar in it. (We were using heaping spoonsful of it in ours before that.) Her name was Elaine, and her husband's name was Andy. I didn't hear they had transferred until a month after they were gone. I hadn't had time to tell her my daughter's middle name was given to be Elaine after her. Seems he was in oil and uranium, but she was as proper as royalty, imho, and a very lovely person. I never heard if they stayed back east where they relocated or found their way back home to Great Britain.

Can you believe, I don't drink tea?

Mindful: Can you believe, I don't drink tea?​

Yes. I wasn't much of a tea drinker in the past, but after having suffered through numerous autoimmune diseases, I finally kept seeing the same thing: stop drinking milk and dairy products.

I tried fruit juices, but kept seeing "You'll get diabetes if you overdo drinking sweet fruity drinks including fruit juice."

And I kept reading about this and that antioxidant being in both black, green, and raspberry, blueberry, and other fruit teas that have no sugar in them but many of the antioxidants and good things about fruit sans the sugar, so tea it is and tea it's gonna be. :D

ERGuRtRXUAEH5iS.jpg

There are plenty of other forums & threads on this board to get your excitement from. With such a diverse crowd and amount of fighting, there should always be a place to gather with gloves off. To share more personal struggles and success's whether great or small, or to just chat, or chuckle, with the knowledge of being accepted without fear of ridicule or malice. Those of us who visit the Coffee Shop, realize the need for balance, to experience the relaxing calm or take a breather among friends. This is a good place for all that and an even better group of people to do it with. Maybe you ought to try it sometime, just remember your manners :)

Thank you for this JAN. You absolutely demonstrate the spirit of what the Coffee Shop is intended to be. ((((hugs))))
Righto! I even get along with Pogo here.

Aw Hoss. Man'd hafta be a damn fool to not get along wit chew. :)

Wow, Foxy's done the place up rat nice. Looks like being the first one in at the strip joint.
I've never been to a strip joint. Think I'll go take a nap and see if I wake up snoring. <giggle>

I never have either. I've seen them in uh, books. :eusa_angel:

:20:

That has been one both educational and fascinating aspect of the Coffee Shop, i.e. understanding all the stuff every person seems to have to go through in a lifetime. And the degree of relevance for each of us is different:

86252361_2665106150433190_2291881706916937728_n.jpg

But the degree of understanding and emotional support we manage to offer out of our own pain, stress, frustrations, whatever, has been so valuable to me. And I so hope it has been for others.

Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA. When I am not here, I am on twitter reading and eating popcorn (not really..just reading, lol)...or helping MrG put his puzzle together or watching tv. Right now, I'm trying to decide if I like Hunters with Al Pacino on Amazon. Not sure yet. In case nobody knows..its a new show...this is the first season. Nazi hunters, time frame 1977 or thereabouts. Still debating if I want to continue it cuz its a bit..um...raggedy, story wise.

Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA. When I am not here, I am on twitter reading and eating popcorn (not really..just reading, lol)...or helping MrG put his puzzle together or watching tv. Right now, I'm trying to decide if I like Hunters with Al Pacino on Amazon. Not sure yet. In case nobody knows..its a new show...this is the first season. Nazi hunters, time frame 1977 or thereabouts. Still debating if I want to continue it cuz its a bit..um...raggedy, story wise.

Always happy when you check in with a proof of life post Gracie. :)

FYI, if I'm watching TV the odds are pretty good that I'm also eating popcorn. Hands down my favorite go to comfort food.

And prayers for all the rest. :eusa_pray:

Wow, just wow...…..hon, there is absolutely nothing for me to forgive you for. YOU haven't done anything wrong, nor are you responsible for anything that had happened with your nephew. His seizures or his death. How were you to know of the seriousness of his condition, if you weren't aware of it? That wasn't your fault, nor was not questioning your sister about it. She should have been more upfront about it, or even the nephew could have been more forthcoming instead of disappearing. These things you had NO control over and there is no fault or blame to be had really by anyone. What's done is done. Do accept the knowledge that his wife had called and you dropped everything to be by his side at the end. That is more than honorable sacrifice and few others would have done the same. You came when they needed you most.

As for your obsessing? Sounds more to me than just your nephew that's got you out of sorts and I will now ask you to forgive me for what I'm about to say, and you can take it how ever you think is appropriate...….You have done an exemplary job of providing care of your loved ones when they needed you most. You stepped up willingly when called upon and there is no shame in that whatsoever. You did what needed to be done to ease their journey forward.

Caregiver guilt? Questioning yourself of what more you could have done? If you would have zigged instead of zagged? That maybe if you would have given more, they would still be here? This, these types of thoughts are what plague those of us left behind, to wonder if we could have done more to make them better. That and wondering if they forgive us, for not providing the miracle of life...…….yet in truth the greater question is can we forgive ourselves. If at all possible, stand back and realize their passing was not in your control. It would have happened with or without you being there. Your part in it, made their journey easier and provided the comfort they needed to let go.

I can only hope you understand the full depth of what I'm trying to tell you. And that you have no idea of how important you are to others. What if you didn't go to the hospital to be by his side? What if you didn't care for your husband and had put him in a facility instead?? What if you didn't make and give away your quilts? Or a thousand other what if's that you are doing, but didn't??? I would venture a guess that there would be a lot of quality missing in many peoples lives.

Now I'd like to share with you something I wrote after my oldest son had lost another (3rd) friend to suicide within 2 years, as something to hold onto when life gets you down....

I am not responsible for other peoples choices. We all make our own and must accept the consequences of them. Sometimes we succeed and other times we fail and we need to own both. We all have demons we must conquer and conquer we must, for if we give in, not only do we lose, but also those around us who love us and look to us for guidance. Life is not easy and it can be difficult to put one foot in front of the other when we don't want to face another day. Take a break, catch your breath but don't ever give up and never give in. You are loved, you are worth it and you are needed.

I've been thinking of you the last few days. My colonoscopy was yesterday, but was put on a liquid diet for 3 days prior, then all the laxatives in less than 24 hours. I may never drink Gatorade again. And all that prep was the worst of it. Twilight was the only option, but I was out like a light all during the procedure. The nurse had to wake me up to tell me to go home. Had a couple of polyps removed, Dr said they were fine, but will get the report next week. ok TMI but I don't want to do that again.

And prayers for all the rest. :eusa_pray:

Wow, just wow...…..hon, there is absolutely nothing for me to forgive you for. YOU haven't done anything wrong, nor are you responsible for anything that had happened with your nephew. His seizures or his death. How were you to know of the seriousness of his condition, if you weren't aware of it? That wasn't your fault, nor was not questioning your sister about it. She should have been more upfront about it, or even the nephew could have been more forthcoming instead of disappearing. These things you had NO control over and there is no fault or blame to be had really by anyone. What's done is done. Do accept the knowledge that his wife had called and you dropped everything to be by his side at the end. That is more than honorable sacrifice and few others would have done the same. You came when they needed you most.

As for your obsessing? Sounds more to me than just your nephew that's got you out of sorts and I will now ask you to forgive me for what I'm about to say, and you can take it how ever you think is appropriate...….You have done an exemplary job of providing care of your loved ones when they needed you most. You stepped up willingly when called upon and there is no shame in that whatsoever. You did what needed to be done to ease their journey forward.

Caregiver guilt? Questioning yourself of what more you could have done? If you would have zigged instead of zagged? That maybe if you would have given more, they would still be here? This, these types of thoughts are what plague those of us left behind, to wonder if we could have done more to make them better. That and wondering if they forgive us, for not providing the miracle of life...…….yet in truth the greater question is can we forgive ourselves. If at all possible, stand back and realize their passing was not in your control. It would have happened with or without you being there. Your part in it, made their journey easier and provided the comfort they needed to let go.

I can only hope you understand the full depth of what I'm trying to tell you. And that you have no idea of how important you are to others. What if you didn't go to the hospital to be by his side? What if you didn't care for your husband and had put him in a facility instead?? What if you didn't make and give away your quilts? Or a thousand other what if's that you are doing, but didn't??? I would venture a guess that there would be a lot of quality missing in many peoples lives.

Now I'd like to share with you something I wrote after my oldest son had lost another (3rd) friend to suicide within 2 years, as something to hold onto when life gets you down....

I am not responsible for other peoples choices. We all make our own and must accept the consequences of them. Sometimes we succeed and other times we fail and we need to own both. We all have demons we must conquer and conquer we must, for if we give in, not only do we lose, but also those around us who love us and look to us for guidance. Life is not easy and it can be difficult to put one foot in front of the other when we don't want to face another day. Take a break, catch your breath but don't ever give up and never give in. You are loved, you are worth it and you are needed.
Thanks for the wonderful words, J.A.N., that bring peace. Truly a day-brightener for me. Hope your procedure brings a diagnosis for healing. I've been through that procedure a few times, and was never fond of it, but it ruled out other problems so we could go forward with doctor's orders.

40 years ago today, I was glued to the teevee to watch one of the most spellbinding games of any kind in my life...

All the goals from that evening...I remember when the last-second goal was scored in the 1st period ( @ 0:42), they might actually have a chance.....When Eruzione scored to make it 4-3, there was still 10:00 left in the game....A month in hockey time.....Yet they held on and won!

84831b56c58e857a95f2fee34aabb976.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

Forum List

Back