USMB Coffee Shop IV

10527540_830427876976204_455772194185653306_n.jpg
Punkin head.

I use scented candles and melts all the time If there is a good sale I stock up. There are ones that actually smell like autumn, winter and firewood
I especially like the cupcake scented ones. Mrs Jughead lights em' up sometimes in the kitchen and family room. It's torture though when coming downstairs, while on an empty stomach.

Some schmuck once told us the the smell of a candle could cure cravings. She was selling chocolate scented ones. She lied :lol:

She did sell a candle though!

Good day, everybody. Left home very early this morning to drive to Great Lakes and pick up my med refills. Road construction made the trip ugly in a couple of places and turned the normal 3 hour drive (one way) into 3 1/2 hour... However, it was pretty nice out so no problem. Beautiful day here today. Strongly thinking about an afternoon nap to recover from the drive... I'll have to see what Taco thinks about that.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
th

Been doing some landscaping in an area behind our pool. We couldn't get grass to grow, so my hub got the bright idea to just mulch it....well, the oak roots were springing little oaks all over the place and now, it was hard to run the mower over them....so, I'm working on some designs to rock in. It's been grueling, so far....

P1010920_zpsa5fbd2be.jpg

Trying to grow grass under trees is a waste of time. Shade loving plants like ground cover and Hostas work well with mulching. Just make sure that you put down a drain sheet under the mulch to prevent the oak shoots and weeds from popping through.

hosta-bushes-x.jpg

Thanks for the kind wishes, Foxfyre.

Well, the last 5 hours I have spent more on the toilet than anywhere else. Looks like a 24-hour-bug kind of thing. The babysitter who watched my little one yesterday (it was a normal business day) just picked her up so she can go and play some, no need for her to be couped-up just because Papa is crouping. The little one will be back in 2 hours.

I am hopeful that by tomorrow morning, most of this will be gone. But the stomach problem caused a lot of burping that smelled like rotten eggs, something I have never experienced before, ever - so I looked it up. From what I read, there are a number of possible causes, but cutting out anything that can even remotely cause reflux will help, so nix coffee, nix carbonated drinks and nix fatty stuff.

Ugh.

Yes, what you are describing calls for hot tea--a little sweetener is okay--at least it is more pleasant to throw up than most things--and dry toast.

Yepp, just did dry toast. Boring, but necessary.

Do the tea thing too though--it rests easier on the stomach than plain water and you run a real risk of becoming dehydrated if you aren't taking in enough liquid which will delay your feeling better sooner.

Oh and [MENTION=26616]kaz[/MENTION] based on a brief private conservation, you reminded me how guilty I felt that Hombre and I really REALLY enjoyed the empty nest syndrome once we got both kids into college (in a town 80 miles away.) They came home, often with friends in tow, on a lot of weekends, but otherwise it was really nice not worrying about having dinner on the table, school and work schedules, curfews, whether that siren in the distance was something to worry about, etc. But I was supposed to be miserable yes? So I felt guilty that I wasn't. :)

Oh and [MENTION=26616]kaz[/MENTION] based on a brief private conservation, you reminded me how guilty I felt that Hombre and I really REALLY enjoyed the empty nest syndrome once we got both kids into college (in a town 80 miles away.) They came home, often with friends in tow, on a lot of weekends, but otherwise it was really nice not worrying about having dinner on the table, school and work schedules, curfews, whether that siren in the distance was something to worry about, etc. But I was supposed to be miserable yes? So I felt guilty that I wasn't. :)

It's a good way to do it, to see them, just not all the time.

My youngest just graduated high school this year, so we put the house on the market to downsize. It's getting tiring to clean every morning before I go to work. But once again, after I got here, we got an appointment for a showing at 2pm, which is why I keep doing it.

I love my kids, but I'm enjoying being beyond raising them. I'll enjoy just spoiling my grandkids when the time comes...

Meantime, time for a second cup of Joe!

You might want to rethink that downsizing though. Those kids have a habit of showing back up at home now and then, and then they bring home the boyfriends and girlfriends and then the spouses and then the grandkids. You'll need a place to house all those. I do understand the extra housework, but a good cleaning service once a month is pretty affordable for those who are still working.

When I say downsize I don't mean we're looking for a tiny place. I agree with you. It's also about yard and location. We have 3,500 sq feet in Cary, right by RTP which is expensive, good schools and all that. Some of it is redesign. I also want a smaller yard.

I've known other people though as you say who went too small, I appreciate the heads up that I don't want to go too far.

th

Been doing some landscaping in an area behind our pool. We couldn't get grass to grow, so my hub got the bright idea to just mulch it....well, the oak roots were springing little oaks all over the place and now, it was hard to run the mower over them....so, I'm working on some designs to rock in. It's been grueling, so far....

P1010920_zpsa5fbd2be.jpg

Welcome to my world and remember, hosta are your friend in shade.

Trying to grow grass under trees is a waste of time. Shade loving plants like ground cover and Hostas work well with mulching. Just make sure that you put down a drain sheet under the mulch to prevent the oak shoots and weeds from popping through.

hosta-bushes-x.jpg

Those are lovely hostas and it looks beautiful. I don't want to plant anymore plants that need a lot of watering and tending....thus the rocks. We added another bed of rocks...it's starting to look good. We're going to work on the grass that is not under the trees to get it to green up....but the rest is going to be different bed designs with different colored rocks.

P1010920_zpsb2c6c2e3.jpg

Speaking of enjoying oneself without people underfoot...I am seriously considering NOT renting the other room and just making due with the one roomie.

"Hi. I am calling about the room you have for rent. Is it still available?"

"Yes! Hi!"

"Well, would you be willing to let me have overnight guests for an extra 50 dollars per night for them? You can rack up some big bucks!"

"wtf? NO"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is the room still available?"

"Yes it is".

"It's just for me. Single, have a job, no drinking no drugs. It sounds perfect for me"

"Tell me a bit more about yourself!"

"Well, like I said...I am single, I don't drink, had this job for about 6 months. I am quiet, clean, pay rent on time"

"Great! I will need references of course, and you will need to come see the room because I don't rent it sight unseen. Plus we need to meet as well".

"Ok. But I have to make arrangements to get my kid. I have her every 2 weekends and she will need to see it too"

"Your daughter? You said it was just for yourself"

"She doesn't count! She is not an adult! And she is very quiet"

"Is your daughter a human being? If so..she is a person. That is TWO people then"

"Well, I guess so. When can we come look at the room?"

"Never"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi. I am calling about the room. I have 2 dogs. Is that ok?"

"Did you read the ad???"

"Well...not really".

"Bye".

"Hi. I am calling about the room you have for rent. Is it still available?"

"Yes! Hi!"

"Well, would you be willing to let me have overnight guests for an extra 50 dollars per night for them? You can rack up some big bucks!"

"wtf? NO"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is the room still available?"

"Yes it is".

"It's just for me. Single, have a job, no drinking no drugs. It sounds perfect for me"

"Tell me a bit more about yourself!"

"Well, like I said...I am single, I don't drink, had this job for about 6 months. I am quiet, clean, pay rent on time"

"Great! I will need references of course, and you will need to come see the room because I don't rent it sight unseen. Plus we need to meet as well".

"Ok. But I have to make arrangements to get my kid. I have her every 2 weekends and she will need to see it too"

"Your daughter? You said it was just for yourself"

"She doesn't count! She is not an adult! And she is very quiet"

"Is your daughter a human being? If so..she is a person. That is TWO people then"

"Well, I guess so. When can we come look at the room?"

"Never"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi. I am calling about the room. I have 2 dogs. Is that ok?"

"Did you read the ad???"

"Well...not really".

"Bye".

Hey Gracie -- I might want that room. It's just me, although I have my crack dealer over often, and a few dozen friends, but they don't spend the night. Usually. Unless they're too drunk. I always pay the rent within about a month. I'm self-employed as a punk rock drummer. And I make good money because I practice a lot at home.

I don't have dogs though; I have hyenas. Is that OK?

hosta-bushes-x.jpg

Those are lovely hostas and it looks beautiful. I don't want to plant anymore plants that need a lot of watering and tending....thus the rocks. We added another bed of rocks...it's starting to look good. We're going to work on the grass that is not under the trees to get it to green up....but the rest is going to be different bed designs with different colored rocks.

P1010920_zpsb2c6c2e3.jpg
But plants are good. They provide a food source for the various critters like squirrels, raccoons, and skunks that pay a visit to your back yard. That's in case they don't get enough from the vegetable garden ... :lol:

Forum List

Back