USMB Coffee Shop IV

Did she get sick of smelling them? My sis lived in Hershey Pennsylvania and people get sick of smelling chocolate all over the place. :D
I could see why it can get to you after awhile. However, one smell that I never tire of is freshly baked bread. I could smell it every day, and not complain...:D

Would be great to live within a 5 block radius of the Wonder Bread factory. Waking up every morning, opening the window, and letting that nice aroma into the house. You can also get food scented candles, but somehow, it's not the same.

A great deal of the University of Akron (OH) is just 3-4 blocks from a Wonder Bread factory. I smelled the stuff pretty much every day when I was doing my masters....

But that soft stuff just doesn't compare to the roughly zillion different types of German breads.

Right, [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION], [MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION], [MENTION=31362]gallantwarrior[/MENTION] [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] ??

:D

German and Italian crusty bread are just awesome.

Did she get sick of smelling them? My sis lived in Hershey Pennsylvania and people get sick of smelling chocolate all over the place. :D
I could see why it can get to you after awhile. However, one smell that I never tire of is freshly baked bread. I could smell it every day, and not complain...:D

Would be great to live within a 5 block radius of the Wonder Bread factory. Waking up every morning, opening the window, and letting that nice aroma into the house. You can also get food scented candles, but somehow, it's not the same.

A great deal of the University of Akron (OH) is just 3-4 blocks from a Wonder Bread factory. I smelled the stuff pretty much every day when I was doing my masters....

But that soft stuff just doesn't compare to the roughly zillion different types of German breads.

3-4 blocks from the Wonder Bread factory? I assume with that irresistible aroma, you also stuck around to do your PHD...?...:D

Having that nice aroma around first thing in the morning would most certainly start me off in a positive mood. Of course a nice breakfast also helps...:thup:

Right, [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION], [MENTION=15726]Hossfly[/MENTION], [MENTION=31362]gallantwarrior[/MENTION] [MENTION=20412]JakeStarkey[/MENTION] ??

Yes indeed. I've been to German/Italian style delis where you can get some great sandwiches, sometimes called panini sandwiches. Here's a mouth watering crusty bread sandwich which looks more alike a sub ...

dsc04726.jpg

Swimming just got truncated today, Papa Stat has gotten sick with something like a Stomach-bug.

This sucks. I spend more time on the toilet than in bed and the little one is upset because swimming was shortened.

Sigh.
Sorry to hear that you are feeling under the weather, Stat. Hope you feel better soon. Some sodas like Ginger Ale should help with stomach issues.

Yes indeed. I've been to German/Italian style delis where you can get some great sandwiches, sometimes called panini sandwiches. Here's a mouth watering crusty bread sandwich which looks more alike a sub ...

dsc04726.jpg

Yummmmm.....looks so mouth-watering delish. I prefer sour dough bread for most sandwiches. Not all sour dough. Some brands are just too doughy for my taste. I like the original type, tangy with holes...lol. And yes I do, do bread....lol.

All Hebrew National hotdogs start out life about seven miles from where I sit right now. Oldest daughter worked on the packaging line there years ago during high school.

Yeah, I've gone to candle parties where you get the ones that smell like vanilla and other good scents. Aromatherapy.

Cool Dr. and adorable baby just makes me smile

[ame=http://youtu.be/MOOxpT9q2mo]Baby laughing while getting shots - YouTube[/ame]

Gained 10 pounds the past 2 weeks. All because I can't get enough of this German bread. Wish I could bring home a ton!

Yeah, I've gone to candle parties where you get the ones that smell like vanilla and other good scents. Aromatherapy.

I use scented candles and melts all the time If there is a good sale I stock up. There are ones that actually smell like autumn, winter and firewood

I use scented candles and melts all the time If there is a good sale I stock up. There are ones that actually smell like autumn, winter and firewood

They teach chemo patients aromatherapy techniques. If you have a bottle of vanilla for example, take a couple of whiffs and it calms you down. Peppermint gives you energy.

Gained 10 pounds the past 2 weeks. All because I can't get enough of this German bread. Wish I could bring home a ton!
Luckily you didn't head to Italy. Who could resist all those pizza pies and cannolis?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Luckily you didn't head to Italy. Who could resist all those pizza pies and cannolis?
The cannolis are awesome but the gelato concoctions are to die for.

All Hebrew National hotdogs start out life about seven miles from where I sit right now. Oldest daughter worked on the packaging line there years ago during high school.

We used to live about 2 blocks away from a small specialty bakery that was open 24*7. Whenever we were having a BBQ we would fire it up and take a walk over there to buy the rolls fresh out of the oven (they were constantly baking small batches all day long) and then the coals would be ready once we got back. The walk and the smell did wonders for our appetites. :)

Morning!

It has been raining here most of the night and into the early morning, really nice and cool. :)

th

The last few mornings, it's been between 65 and 70 and clear as a bell.
72 at dawn this morning higher humidity and some clouds, but only a 20% chance of rain today.
It's that time of year where I can sit in the gazebo all morning with the laptop.

That reminds me. A damned squirrel ate through the romex running out to the deck. Gotta fix that.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back