USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning all. Sending feel better soon vibes to Stat. I can so empathize--I seem to have an excellent immune system that wards off most uglies going around, but if there is a stomach flu anywhere in a 10-county radius, I'm going to get it.

All the talk about good German bread makes my mouth water. I used to make a decent Bauernbrot from a recipe passed down from my Austrian grandmother, but these days just haven't mustered the patience to make the sour dough starter and then the energy or muscle to make the bread. But now that I'm thinking about it. . . maybe. . .

Hombre had a pretty good night though woke up pretty sore this morning. The graft went well yesterday afternoon and now we go through the 12-day routine of treating the wounds until all is healed up and he's good to go. Hopefully the worst is behind us though we are both tense waiting to hear on the results of the last biopsy. Again thanks for all the prayers and positive vibes everybody. It really does help.

Okay more coffee. Hope everybody, including Stat, is looking forward to a great weekend.

Had to do the followup with the Dr today after the blood work on Wednesday. Seems like everything is all in order with just a slightly elevated glucose level because I haven't been swimming with this cold.

BP was 120/80 which is pretty cool considering that it had been 140/90 before I started exercising. There is another key measure of the inflammation of the heart muscle. That has become the primary determining factor for heart medications. Apparently mine is excellent at 0.3 so that is another great sign for someone pushing 62! I might even see another birthday at this rate! :D

I could see why it can get to you after awhile. However, one smell that I never tire of is freshly baked bread. I could smell it every day, and not complain...:D

Would be great to live within a 5 block radius of the Wonder Bread factory. Waking up every morning, opening the window, and letting that nice aroma into the house. You can also get food scented candles, but somehow, it's not the same.

Yeah, I've gone to candle parties where you get the ones that smell like vanilla and other good scents. Aromatherapy.

I use scented candles and melts all the time If there is a good sale I stock up. There are ones that actually smell like autumn, winter and firewood

No scented anything here, those artificial scents make me nauseous. (Literally, not figuratively).

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Good morning all. Sending feel better soon vibes to Stat. I can so empathize--I seem to have an excellent immune system that wards off most uglies going around, but if there is a stomach flu anywhere in a 10-county radius, I'm going to get it.

All the talk about good German bread makes my mouth water. I used to make a decent Bauernbrot from a recipe passed down from my Austrian grandmother, but these days just haven't mustered the patience to make the sour dough starter and then the energy or muscle to make the bread. But now that I'm thinking about it. . . maybe. . .

Hombre had a pretty good night though woke up pretty sore this morning. The graft went well yesterday afternoon and now we go through the 12-day routine of treating the wounds until all is healed up and he's good to go. Hopefully the worst is behind us though we are both tense waiting to hear on the results of the last biopsy. Again thanks for all the prayers and positive vibes everybody. It really does help.

Okay more coffee. Hope everybody, including Stat, is looking forward to a great weekend.

Thanks for the kind wishes, Foxfyre.

Well, the last 5 hours I have spent more on the toilet than anywhere else. Looks like a 24-hour-bug kind of thing. The babysitter who watched my little one yesterday (it was a normal business day) just picked her up so she can go and play some, no need for her to be couped-up just because Papa is crouping. The little one will be back in 2 hours.

I am hopeful that by tomorrow morning, most of this will be gone. But the stomach problem caused a lot of burping that smelled like rotten eggs, something I have never experienced before, ever - so I looked it up. From what I read, there are a number of possible causes, but cutting out anything that can even remotely cause reflux will help, so nix coffee, nix carbonated drinks and nix fatty stuff.

Ugh.

Morning!

It has been raining here most of the night and into the early morning, really nice and cool. :)

th

AZ? How cool is cool to you. :)

80's - Down right cold. :D
Right now it's 73.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaz
My youngest just graduated high school this year, so we put the house on the market to downsize. It's getting tiring to clean every morning before I go to work. But once again, after I got here, we got an appointment for a showing at 2pm, which is why I keep doing it.

I love my kids, but I'm enjoying being beyond raising them. I'll enjoy just spoiling my grandkids when the time comes...

Meantime, time for a second cup of Joe!

Well, the last 5 hours I have spent more on the toilet than anywhere else. Looks like a 24-hour-bug kind of thing. The babysitter who watched my little one yesterday (it was a normal business day) just picked her up so she can go and play some, no need for her to be couped-up just because Papa is crouping. The little one will be back in 2 hours.

I am hopeful that by tomorrow morning, most of this will be gone. But the stomach problem caused a lot of burping that smelled like rotten eggs, something I have never experienced before, ever - so I looked it up. From what I read, there are a number of possible causes, but cutting out anything that can even remotely cause reflux will help, so nix coffee, nix carbonated drinks and nix fatty stuff.

Ugh.
No coffee? You might as well just shoot yourself. Life is over. :D

My youngest just graduated high school this year, so we put the house on the market to downsize. It's getting tiring to clean every morning before I go to work. But once again, after I got here, we got an appointment for a showing at 2pm, which is why I keep doing it.

I love my kids, but I'm enjoying being beyond raising them. I'll enjoy just spoiling my grandkids when the time comes...

Yup my stomach is great. I'll have a 3rd cup myself. :badgrin:

I could see why it can get to you after awhile. However, one smell that I never tire of is freshly baked bread. I could smell it every day, and not complain...:D

Would be great to live within a 5 block radius of the Wonder Bread factory. Waking up every morning, opening the window, and letting that nice aroma into the house. You can also get food scented candles, but somehow, it's not the same.

Yeah, I've gone to candle parties where you get the ones that smell like vanilla and other good scents. Aromatherapy.

I use scented candles and melts all the time If there is a good sale I stock up. There are ones that actually smell like autumn, winter and firewood
I especially like the cupcake scented ones. Mrs Jughead lights em' up sometimes in the kitchen and family room. It's torture though when coming downstairs, while on an empty stomach.

Yup my stomach is great. I'll have a 3rd cup myself. :badgrin:

I'm happy for you, Ernie.

No scented anything here, those artificial scents make me nauseous. (Literally, not figuratively).

The good ones burn correctly and the scent is real. They aren't like the store bought ones.

Candles | Scented Candles by PartyLite

I especially like the cupcake scented ones. Mrs Jughead lights em' up sometimes in the kitchen and family room. It's torture though when coming downstairs, while on an empty stomach.

Some schmuck once told us the the smell of a candle could cure cravings. She was selling chocolate scented ones. She lied :lol:

th

Been doing some landscaping in an area behind our pool. We couldn't get grass to grow, so my hub got the bright idea to just mulch it....well, the oak roots were springing little oaks all over the place and now, it was hard to run the mower over them....so, I'm working on some designs to rock in. It's been grueling, so far....

P1010921_zps623835f5.jpg

Last edited:

Ugh.

Yes, what you are describing calls for hot tea--a little sweetener is okay--at least it is more pleasant to throw up than most things--and dry toast.

You might want to rethink that downsizing though. Those kids have a habit of showing back up at home now and then, and then they bring home the boyfriends and girlfriends and then the spouses and then the grandkids. You'll need a place to house all those. I do understand the extra housework, but a good cleaning service once a month is pretty affordable for those who are still working.

The good ones burn correctly and the scent is real. They aren't like the store bought ones.

Candles | Scented Candles by PartyLite

Doesn't matter..... My allergy doesn't differentiate....... :cool:

Ugh.

Yes, what you are describing calls for hot tea--a little sweetener is okay--at least it is more pleasant to throw up than most things--and dry toast.

Yepp, just did dry toast. Boring, but necessary.

Ugh.

Yepp, just did dry toast. Boring, but necessary.
Try a half liter of Steinhäger. Fix ya right up. [MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION]

Forum List

Back