USMB Coffee Shop IV

If you were the teacher, how would you grade these test questions? I would be really tempted to not grade him/her off for pure creativity. :)

1630912524884.png
1630912938899.png
1630913046401.png

I have a Colonoscopy and an Upper GI Endoscopy scheduled for October 26. It’s the earliest I could get the procedures done. In an effort to stop my GI bleed I drank a pint of that stop leak stuff they advertise on tv. That might just do the trick making the scheduled appointments unnecessary. I’ll keep you posted on the results.
It's good to see you're keeping a positive attitude, brother, but I might wonder about your self medicating procedures... :eusa_think:

Brother has been sick for 5 days, I'm on day 3..... Sore throat runny nose and feeling weak... Brother also has a bad cough, my cough is a tenth of what his is... Might go get tested tomorrow. But if this is as bad as it gets I'm not concerned...
Ivermectin.

Hi folks, reporting in, been really busy with stuff. Sorry to see so many are having health issues, keeping you all in my prayers.
I'm gradually getting better, still have some occasional pink piss with a few clots but otherwise not too bad. Getting out a little more but still not doing anything strenuous, don't want to push it. I do have a boatload of house cleaning I need to do, one step at a time. Been spending most of my online time on a more "modern" firearms forum, it's been a long time since I've done any shooting so headed out next week to Founders Ranch in Edgewood, this trip to shoot my pistols on their pistol range. The following week maybe take my rifles to their rifle range then set up some time to shoot my shotguns. As ammo became available again I stocked up with primarily inexpensive range ammo but even then it's still not cheap. Actually considering doing my own reloads but the initial outlay can be expensive.
Oh well, gotta do something to keep busy. Hope all who are sick recover and all who are well stay that way. Chat with you all later!
You're actually going to shoot for FUN? I've been holding off because of how hard it is to find ammo. I've got a brand new little Sig Sauer P938 9mm I haven't even shot yet. It's never been shot at all. Got some 9mm ammo but as scarce as it is, I'm hoarding it.

Started with one, got one more, and now it's three... that's hummingbird feeders... and now I have quite the bunch of little buzzing critters. Last year was the first year for feeding the hummers and only had one feeder. I noticed an occasional bird feeding now and then but that was it. But then more started showing up and then they got fiesty about it. They'd guard it and chase each other away, so I bought a second one. I though surely that would relieve the tension and they wouldn't chase each other. Nope, they kept doing it. So I spread them out more like 10' apart. They still chased each other. So I bought a third feeder and spread them all out in my yard about 25' apart in a triangle, and yes, they still guard the feeders and chase each other, and now I have at least a dozen hummers that show up. I've counted at least 10 to 12 at a time out there zipping around. Sometimes it looks like that scene in Star Wars when they're about to attack the death star and all the fighters are zipping around out there. I've come to the conclusion that they even might like chasing each other around as some sort of play or male, female thing, IDK, but it's been a real hoot watching the little buggers. They fan their little tail feathers and sometimes shake them when they want to appear bigger and more menacing when they "stand their ground," think it's the cutest thing. They say the same ones will return to the same feeders, and I hope so.

You're actually going to shoot for FUN? I've been holding off because of how hard it is to find ammo. I've got a brand new little Sig Sauer P938 9mm I haven't even shot yet. It's never been shot at all. Got some 9mm ammo but as scarce as it is, I'm hoarding it.
Ammo has been making a come back and prices have dropped. I ordered a few hundred rounds of 9mil, 7.62x39, 7.62x25 HP and 12 gauge 00 buck just last week. The only ammo I can't find is 45-70 Government black powder rounds, can't even find the brass for it.

Last edited:
Many years ago the government conducted a survey to determine which day the majority of pregnant women gave birth on. It was determined that the majority of pregnant women gave birth on this day. After careful thought from several committees they decided to call this day LABOR DAY.

I'm still reading but things are really busy around here and I'm not posting as much:

1. My friend's cancer has returned. The good news is that it's not life threatening, and they caught it much earlier this time. She's not looking forward to treatment, but she has a positive attitude, and she's celebrating her birthday this weekend with her 4 life-long friends at a cottage on Lake Huron, and a big bag of 28% THC pot.

2. My neighbour got married on Saturday. His wife died of cancer at the beginning of the pandemic. The guys who are in happy marriages, don't wait long to remarry. He asked the guy across the road if he could rent his truck for the wedding pictures. He has a 1932 Chevy pick up truck. It's an antique white, with a cedar tool box/bench and rails in the truck bed, and red pinstriping. The neighbour asked him to pay for his gas and was busy polishing up the truck Saturday morning. Today he's off at a car show with it.

3. I harvested the first of my 4 plants last week, and had my first smoke from it this morning. I love this pot!!! Lemon Haze. Nice lemony taste, smooth and easy on the throat, even without a bong. I haven't tried it in the vape yet. It's a little green and needs another day or so of drying. Very sticky buds and big buds too. The high is amazing. Better than the 28% stuff I bought off the internet. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!

Attachments

• IMG_0892.JPG
    IMG_0892.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 14
We have found ammo to be pretty scarce too - not to mention through the roof on cost these days - but we did find the ammo we needed on Amazon.

My sister passed away quietly yesterday afternoon another victim to this terrible COVID virus. It is comforting that she was with family instead of in isolation in a hospital or nursing home. She was my only sibling which makes it harder as I am now the last remaining member of the immediate family I started out with. But I am glad her illness was relatively short lived. She was tired even before the diagnosis, in failing health, and ready to go.
Just saw this, foxfyre, and I'm so sorry foryour loss. I lost my sister Janice 3 months after my husband died. I still miss her deeply. My heart breaks a little bit to this day when I pass the turnoff to her house. She was 9 years younger, so we weren't close until we moved back home in 2009. What a great person she had become instead of the little twit she'd been as my annoying little sister. As adults, we had 7 years I will always treasure in my heart for the rest of my life. ♡♡♡♡♡

My prayers are up for you, foxfyre, for your loss.

Hey beautress what state do you live in and what would you say are the best tourist attractions there for visitors?
Question 1: beautiful, beautiful Texas
Question 2: 254 county seat buildings.
I'm truly fond of my little 14 acres in north Walker County. In the spring, we have 2 weeks of seeing the ubiquitous fields of bluebonnets all over the state. A month or so later blackberries ripen an every self-respecting remote country road and ditch. And the lakes and State Parks are full of country beauty all year long. Galveston and Padre Islands to the south have beaches for family outings that help cool off the hottest days inland, and Houston has the coolest museums, Fine Arts and Zoological Park that has the Museum of Natural History, a Planetarium and Parks and Swimming pools made my childhood years a lot of fun. Our larger lakes are a mecca for water skiiers, and when the cactuses bloom in yellow and hot pink, West Texas is a regular jewel patch. We have a Cascades Cavern not far from San Antonio as I recollect that has a stallagtite or stalagmite of the Virgin Mary, the Alamo, where both Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone died along with about 170 other Texicans trying to fend off 8000 troops led by Santa Ana for 3 days. There is NASA south of Houston and a Glass bottomed boat in New Braunfels and a world class Quilt Museum in Or near Granger and a botanical gardens extraordinaire in Ft. Worth. I hear that there are really good museums in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, and on I-45 15 minutes south there is a truly wonderful antique car display that make antique carlovers have a bright and sunny day. Big Bend Nationa Park is a traveler's delight, especially when spring wild flowers are blooming. If you love to travel through farm country Texas is a land of milk and honey so you won't want to miss hill country that starts at the 500 mile Eastern Sabine River border to El Paso's Rio Grande which flows into the Gulf of Mexico eventually near Brownsville. From the tip of Texas where the Rio Grand ends in the Gulf to the Oklahoma panhandle it is over 800 miles. I love this state and every one of its 254 counties. So you have heard the song of one Texan's heart. It wasn't much fun for what the early Texicans went through to bring our country into the United States. They fought hard to make it so and not all of our forebears wanted to be anything except an independent country. The marjority ruled, however, so here we are since 1845.

Last edited:
Yesterday I spent the day with one of my three closest friends. We last spent the day together in March of 2020 - one week before we went into lockdown. She is one of my Toronto friends that I travel to sporting events with, and is in fact, my very first sports travelling companion. When I met her, she was a college student, with braces. Before the pandemic, she was one of the top travel industry executives in Canada, with a large beautiful condo just outside Toronto.

She has been looking for a winter home for some time. Before Trump was elected, she was shopping for a condo in Las Vegas. She's given up waiting for things to "normalize" in the USA, and has now decided to buy a place in Puerto Vallarta. Yippee. Not being anywhere near rich enough to afford a condo in Puerto Vallarta or a second home of any kind, I've been waiting for my friend to provide me with cheap accommodations. She's also great at getting me cheap flights too.

Then we went to our favorite outlet mall just outside of Niagara Falls. The tractor beam at the Fossil store pulls me in every time, but Fossil purses at 70% OFF RETAIL. Some women buy shoes. I have, what my ex-husband calls a "purse fetish". The outlet mall has a Fossil store, a Coach store, a Kate Spade, and a Michael Kors store. It's PURSE HEAVEN!!!! This beauty joins the 4 other Fossil purses in my collection - all purchased on sale, and the last three all purchased at the outlet store at 70% off retail.

Attachments

• 241520504_10159446958577954_915027011287980914_n.jpg
    241520504_10159446958577954_915027011287980914_n.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 14
Hello all. Just dropped in to say hey.:) I am riding out the southern end of a tropical storm that blew in from the gulf. Commenting on a post here. Orlando is my home town , I often wonder why people see it as one of the most beautiful cities.

Wife was at Walmart today.....shelves were very bare......
What now?
Just saw this, foxfyre, and I'm so sorry foryour loss. I lost my sister Janice 3 months after my husband died. I still miss her deeply. My heart breaks a little bit to this day when I pass the turnoff to her house. She was 9 years younger, so we weren't close until we moved back home in 2009. What a great person she had become instead of the little twit she'd been as my annoying little sister. As adults, we had 7 years I will always treasure in my heart for the rest of my life. ♡♡♡♡♡

My prayers are up for you, foxfyre, for your loss.
Yeah, I missed it too. :sad: My prayers also going up.

I just finished reading through some of the thread OPs upstairs........... Just when I thought they couldn't get any nuttier.......... WOW!!!!

It's nice having an island of sanity that's the CS in an ocean of insanity.

Last edited:
Hello all. Just dropped in to say hey.:) I am riding out the southern end of a tropical storm that blew in from the gulf. Commenting on a post here. Orlando is my home town , I often wonder why people see it as one of the most beautiful cities.
Well out of towners like me forget about the hurricanes,when we hear Orlando we just think of Disneyworld and the beautiful weather in Florida, do you think Orlando is the nicest city in Florida,what would be your rankings fir Tampa,Miami,ft lauderdale,pensacola,and Miami,and what you say is best aboypt those cities.

Forum List

Back