USMB Coffee Shop IV

No, I believe it exists. Right up there with Santa Claus and unicorns. . . or maybe Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster? Kidding of course. At least you are able to get a little excited again now. :)
Well here's a new twist. I'm able to "PING" my truck with the "My Chevrolet" app. It has "locate vehicle," in case you parked in a large unfamiliar parking lot and forgot where, or God forbid it was stolen, etc, it will pinpoint it's location, and it IS IN WISCONSIN, and in fact headed towards the dealer as we speak, and not that far away, so it SHOULD BE THERE TODAY. I've already spoken with my salesman and he said they'd hop right on it and get it prepped immediately, and I can pick it up tomorrow. Paper work is even ready to sign. So yes, I'm excited, even though I said I wouldn't be. Been a LOOOOOONG wait.

P.S. I believe in Bigfoot. I believe a friend and I HEARD one bellow late one night deep in the river bottoms... but that's a story for another time.

We always assumed we had strong Irish roots, but doing serious genealogy with our family, I have found a few Irish connections but not much. Mostly English, German, Austrian and a strong Scottish connection through my maternal grandmother. But hey, if Elizabeth Warren can be Native American, all of us can be Irish. At least on St. Paddy's day. :)
Sounds like we have much of the same ethnic ancestry. English and German were the other prominent regions for us too.

Today's Hearing was so much fun that I needed to lay back and have a cigarette when it was over.

The Landlord turned up with a new paralegal a young guy - a real pit bull who was so aggressive and bullying that I will not be going into a meeting room alone with him again. There was no negotiation. There was him making demands and snarling threats when I refused his "offer".

Then he lied to me. Anyone who has read my posts knows I get real bitchy when people lie to me. I used to tell my kids "When you lie to me, you're telling me you think I'm stupid, to my face. You think I'm too stupid to see through the lie".

He told me that the Landlord had "handled" the ESA. I told him that I spoke to the ESA yesterday (true), and they told me that neither than Landlord nor anyone else, had contacted them in regard to this work order since the Landlord's initial call to them in February. The Landlord said he would hire an electrician to deal with it, but no one had contacted them, and not permits had been applied for or issued. While the Landlord may have spoken to/contracted with the electrical firm, they have not visited the property, nor have they contacted the ESA. Nothing has been "handled".

Furthermore, this Adjudicator who reminded me of Kim Wexler in Better Call Saul had no interest in my Tenant's Application. She was only dealing with the Landlord's claim that I owed him X on no evidence, and my claim that I didn't owe him that amount based on a schedule of all payments made including dates, amounts, and months that I paid for, with photocopies of receipts. If the amount the Landlord claims is not correct, - case dismissed.

Adjudicator: I don't see a reason why I shouldn't dismiss your (the Landlord's) Application. Is there some reason you're not aware of the Rules of Evidence and Deadlines?

The Landlord's agent flashed the Landlords hand written notebook at the camera and said "It's all here", but the Adjudicator reminded him that the technology exists to scan these things and submit them as evidence. That's when she made the Rules of Evidence comment.

I come from private practice. I had my evidence in 12 days before the Hearing, with copies to the other side. I followed up by telephone to make sure they got it.

When our hearing resumed after the second negotiating session. The Landlord's agent raised his hand and said the Landlord was "withdrawing his Application". Sadly, they had turned off their camera so I was robbed of the pleasure of seeing the looks on their faces when they admitted defeat.

After I thanked the Adjudicator and politely exited the Hearing, I whooped, I hollared, and I danced around the living room, frightening the cat. The look on her face was priceless!!!

Today's Hearing was so much fun that I needed to lay back and have a cigarette when it was over.

The Landlord turned up with a new paralegal a young guy - a real pit bull who was so aggressive and bullying that I will not be going into a meeting room alone with him again. There was no negotiation. There was him making demands and snarling threats when I refused his "offer".

Then he lied to me. Anyone who has read my posts knows I get real bitchy when people lie to me. I used to tell my kids "When you lie to me, you're telling me you think I'm stupid, to my face. You think I'm too stupid to see through the lie".

He told me that the Landlord had "handled" the ESA. I told him that I spoke to the ESA yesterday (true), and they told me that neither than Landlord nor anyone else, had contacted them in regard to this work order since the Landlord's initial call to them in February. The Landlord said he would hire an electrician to deal with it, but no one had contacted them, and not permits had been applied for or issued. While the Landlord may have spoken to/contracted with the electrical firm, they have not visited the property, nor have they contacted the ESA. Nothing has been "handled".

Furthermore, this Adjudicator who reminded me of Kim Wexler in Better Call Saul had no interest in my Tenant's Application. She was only dealing with the Landlord's claim that I owed him X on no evidence, and my claim that I didn't owe him that amount based on a schedule of all payments made including dates, amounts, and months that I paid for, with photocopies of receipts. If the amount the Landlord claims is not correct, - case dismissed.

Adjudicator: I don't see a reason why I shouldn't dismiss your (the Landlord's) Application. Is there some reason you're not aware of the Rules of Evidence and Deadlines?

The Landlord's agent flashed the Landlords hand written notebook at the camera and said "It's all here", but the Adjudicator reminded him that the technology exists to scan these things and submit them as evidence. That's when she made the Rules of Evidence comment.

I come from private practice. I had my evidence in 12 days before the Hearing, with copies to the other side. I followed up by telephone to make sure they got it.

When our hearing resumed after the second negotiating session. The Landlord's agent raised his hand and said the Landlord was "withdrawing his Application". Sadly, they had turned off their camera so I was robbed of the pleasure of seeing the looks on their faces when they admitted defeat.

After I thanked the Adjudicator and politely exited the Hearing, I whooped, I hollared, and I danced around the living room, frightening the cat. The look on her face was priceless!!!
It's always good to hear about when when somebody has a really good day. :)

Hey beautress i noticed you put a like to this post of mine,

did you do so cause you like the music of duran duran? how bout you Foxfyre,do you like duran duran?

Hey beautress i noticed you put a like to this post of mine,

did you do so cause you like the music of duran duran? how bout you Foxfyre,do you like duran duran?
Honestly never heard of them. If I've ever heard it, I didn't know who it was.

Honestly never heard of them. If I've ever heard it, I didn't know who it was.
wow you must not have lsitened to much music in the 80's then.

you going to tell me you dont know the song a VIEW TO A KILL or HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLF?:biggrin:

Waiting impatiently for 007 to report that he drove his new truck home.
Kind of a chilly, rotten day this morning, little windy, but I made my way up to the dealer, dropping off the white 2019 and the big red beast sitting behind it...

This thing reminds me of my old 1996 GMC that had the lift kit on it. You have climb up into this thing too. Must be a foot and half up...

Finally sitting at it's new home...

Already ordered black nerf bar side steps for it because climbing up into it is ridiculous, and a K&N high flow air filter, and I have black CHEVROLET lettering left over from the black stripe kit for the white truck that came with it, that I think will work perfect on the red truck tailgate.

Now comes the BUT... there's things on the truck that DON'T WORK, that are listed right on the window sticker, that says to be installed later. One is the steering wheel heat. I never used it on the white truck so don't care. Second thing is the heating and cooling of the front seats. That's a big one, I use that. Last is the front and rear collision sensors don't work. That's really handy also. All this because of the still raging chip shortage. I'm surprised the wireless charging pad in it works. It is cool it has a HEADS UP DISPLAY like my 2017 Camaro had, and the info in the dash infotainment system has some new stuff, and the dash is a little different. Most of the dash behind the steering wheel is LED display. Anyway, the salesman says they hear it will probably be around July or August that those first things mentioned will be installed. But here's a good BUT, the best part is, this truck has NO FUNNY STUFF FUEL MANAGEMENT IN IT. It runs on all 8 cylinders, all the time, like it should, and it has a bullet proof Allison 6 speed transmission, a huge 14 bolt rear end with a locker and 3:73 gears, I mean this truck is built to work, but it rides awesome. Stiff but velvet smooth on a nice road. I love it. I'm so glad to get rid of the white Silverado with it's DFM funny stuff shutting down engine cylinders and knowing those engines have lifter problems I could do cart wheels... if my back didn't hurt... LOL

Last edited:

Forum List

Back