USMB Coffee Shop IV

Kind of a chilly, rotten day this morning, little windy, but I made my way up to the dealer, dropping off the white 2019 and the big red beast sitting behind it...

This thing reminds me of my old 1996 GMC that had the lift kit on it. You have climb up into this thing too. Must be a foot and half up...

Finally sitting at it's new home...

Already ordered black nerf bar side steps for it because climbing up into it is ridiculous, and a K&N high flow air filter, and I have black CHEVROLET lettering left over from the black stripe kit for the white truck that came with it, that I think will work perfect on the red truck tailgate.

Now comes the BUT... there's things on the truck that DON'T WORK, that are listed right on the window sticker, that says to be installed later. One is the steering wheel heat. I never used it on the white truck so don't care. Second thing is the heating and cooling of the front seats. That's a big one, I use that. Last is the front and rear collision sensors don't work. That's really handy also. All this because of the still raging chip shortage. I'm surprised the wireless charging pad in it works. It is cool it has a HEADS UP DISPLAY like my 2017 Camaro had, and the info in the dash infotainment system has some new stuff, and the dash is a little different. Most of the dash behind the steering wheel is LED display. Anyway, the salesman says they hear it will probably be around July or August that those first things mentioned will be installed. But here's a good BUT, the best part is, this truck has NO FUNNY STUFF FUEL MANAGEMENT IN IT. It runs on all 8 cylinders, all the time, like it should, and it has a bullet proof Allison 6 speed transmission, a huge 14 bolt rear end with a locker and 3:73 gears, I mean this truck is built to work, but it rides awesome. Stiff but velvet smooth on a nice road. I love it. I'm so glad to get rid of the white Silverado with it's DFM funny stuff shutting down engine cylinders and knowing those engines have lifter problems I could do cart wheels... if my back didn't hurt... LOL
So happy for you. Believing in those unicorns paid off. :)

But yeah, you need running boards or something. With my physical limitations these days I would never be able to get in it. If you can't get the equipment you need right away, here's a suggestion :) :
1647749001389.png

So happy for you. Believing in those unicorns paid off. :)

But yeah, you need running boards or something. With my physical limitations these days I would never be able to get in it. If you can't get the equipment you need right away, here's a suggestion :) :
View attachment 618558
Have these on order...

I may be all wet, but I think the Sim Card needs to come from the Telephone service provider... I don't know who you have in the UK, but here big names are T-Mobile, AT&T etc. etc...

I may be all wet, but I think the Sim Card needs to come from the Telephone service provider... I don't know who you have in the UK, but here big names are T-Mobile, AT&T etc. etc...
I just purchased a sim free, pay as you go phone. But from what I have read so far I am not sure which card to buy. I don't want one that expires in a month. As I will probably only rarely use the phone. I also don't understand how you top up the phone after you run out of credit.

It has to easier than complicated or fellars like you and I wouldn't be spending money with them... Afterall we are their bread and butter or Fish & Chips as the case might be...

It has to easier than complicated or fellars like you and I wouldn't be spending money with them... Afterall we are their bread and butter or Fish & Chips as the case might be...
I have decided to take the phone to a local phone shop and ask them if they can explain it all, and sell me an appropriate sim card.

I have decided to take the phone to a local phone shop and ask them if they can explain it all, and sell me an appropriate sim card.
Good plan. As Ridgerunner pointed out, there comes a time for us older folks that these things don't come quite so naturally as they seem to for the younger generation who has grown up with them. I seem to have a natural aptitude for some electronic things that are just bewildering to Hombre and others of my older friends and family, but I still often need help. And asking for help from somebody who has the information is usually the shortest route to get to where we need to be. :)

By the way, that new phone of yours needs to have a phone number assigned. I have no clue how to accomplish that on a pay as you go phone either over here or in the U.K. But a shop owner who deals in these things can give you advice there.

Last edited:
Sounds like good solid plan... The older I get, the more I need to do this... Ask for help...

When I first started working with computers in law offices, I was a techno-wizard, writing my own simple apps, dazzling my employers, and picking up extra income teaching classes for Minolta Computers. I was one of two people in the big Bay Street firm I worked at, outside of the IT Department, who was allowed create documents and upload files to the Firm's Electronic Closing website.

Today, I have an iPhone, as does my youngest. My oldest has a Android Phone and I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally hung up on her husband while attempting to answer her phone. I have an Instagram account I've never used because I can't figure out how, and I can't imagine what I'd do with it if I could.

When I first started working with computers in law offices, I was a techno-wizard, writing my own simple apps, dazzling my employers, and picking up extra income teaching classes for Minolta Computers. I was one of two people in the big Bay Street firm I worked at, outside of the IT Department, who was allowed create documents and upload files to the Firm's Electronic Closing website.

Today, I have an iPhone, as does my youngest. My oldest has a Android Phone and I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally hung up on her husband while attempting to answer her phone. I have an Instagram account I've never used because I can't figure out how, and I can't imagine what I'd do with it if I could.
Hombre and I have never had smart phones that were not Android, mostly because you can get a good Android phone that does pretty much what an Iphone does and it is more affordable for us.

I just finished the dough for two loaves of dill bread. In a few hours, I'll have some delish loaves!

That counterbalances my horrible coffee experience this morning in which I accidentally dropped a claritin in my cappuccino. Bleah.

Good plan. As Ridgerunner pointed out, there comes a time for us older folks that these things don't come quite so naturally as they seem to for the younger generation who has grown up with them. I seem to have a natural aptitude for some electronic things that are just bewildering to Hombre and others of my older friends and family, but I still often need help. And asking for help from somebody who has the information is usually the shortest route to get to where we need to be. :)

By the way, that new phone of yours needs to have a phone number assigned. I have no clue how to accomplish that on a pay as you go phone either over here or in the U.K. But a shop owner who deals in these things can give you advice there.
Hi, I just received my phone, and it is a nasty little plastic thingy with brief instructions. From those instructions I discovered I need a sim card, which contains the phone number, and a memory card too. I am inclined not to bother with it, but it was very cheap, and you get what you pay for.

I just finished the dough for two loaves of dill bread. In a few hours, I'll have some delish loaves!

That counterbalances my horrible coffee experience this morning in which I accidentally dropped a claritin in my cappuccino. Bleah.
Yuck on Clariton flavored coffee. But oh my some fresh baked bread would be good. I may have to go make some. See what you caused? :)

Hombre and I have never had smart phones that were not Android, mostly because you can get a good Android phone that does pretty much what an Iphone does and it is more affordable for us.

My ex and I got our first cell phones when we lived in Toronto and were making decent money. Bell offered us the choice of a free Blackberry or a free iPhone. I took the Blackberry because I wanted email, and iPhone wasn't offering an email app when they first came out, and my husband got the iPhone for the camera. We already had Bell Cable, Internet and 2 land lines, so I think they were just desperate for us not to go to Rogers.

My law firm gave all the support staff iPod Shuffles for Staff Appreciation Day, so I already had an extensive library of music from iTunes. And I had loaded our CD's onto the iTunes app on our home computer.

My next cell phone was an iPhone and so is my current phone. If we were still married, we wouldn't be buying two of them that's for sure. I considered an Android, but then I'd be losing all of the music I've bought over the past 15+ years.

I do find the iPhones last longer than the Androids. My ex had his original iPhone and it still worked, when we split up in 2015. It wouldn't run any of the new apps or games, but it was good for phone, text messages and email. It was so old he dubbed it "T-Rex".

My first iPhone lasted me 10 years, but fell victim to the crappy power system here in 2019. I currently have a 10X which is fully paid for, and which I see no need to replace for the foreseeable future, unless the CPU gets fried. As a music lover, iTunes is the best $10.99 I spend in a month.

I hope to pay cash for my next iPhone. The Tab and the mandatory 10 Gig DataPlan for it cost me $150 a month. The 2 gig plan I'm currently on costs me $50 a month, so the 2 year plan cost me $2400 for the phone. I can buy a new iPhone for $700. I need that additional $1700 a whole lot more than the Rogers Family.

Forum List

Back