USMB Coffee Shop IV

The folks who installed our windows when we remodeled our houses just sent out a service man for the 5th time in the last year and a half to fix our bathroom window. It seems that someone had a couple of clip things on backwards which would not allow the window to fully close. Took them a year and a half and 5 different trips out here to fix the window to discover this. It works now and I am glad. I'm scratching my head and wondering how they can stay in business if their service is no better than this though?????????
It's the simple things that are often overlooked, even by qualified experts. Don't worry, you paid (included in the initial cost of the windows) for those service calls.......

I'm back. New Orleans was not as hot as everyone said. 80's and cloudy every day we were there. I didn't get to see much of the city as I can't walk without a walker and their sidewalks are anything but handicap friendly. Hope to go back in October and actually see something other than Pat OBrien's bar and the view out our hotel window.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
On this day in history, August 4, 1821, the first edition of the Saturday Evening Post was published. It had its historical roots in Benjamin Franklin and "The Pennyslvania Gazette" first published in 1728 and that enjoyed the largest circulation in all the colonies until 1800. Revived as a magazine in 1821 as the Saturday Evening Post, it would become the most widely circulated magazine in America until 1969. Those of us old enough to remember the 50's and 60's probably remember issues on the living room coffee table and we all enjoyed the iconic artistic renditions of Norman Rockwell whose work became famous as Saturday Evening Post covers.

330px-Saturday_evening_post_1903_11_28_a.jpg

norman-rockwell.jpg

15_norman_rockwell.jpg

6082529040_ed55c6ae89_z.jpg

I adore Norman Rockwell's works. So much true, so beautifully rendered, each a tiny snapshot of an iconic past.

Landscaping sometimes takes weird twists and turns. Normally I weed (when I must) it is on land. Have a customer with an over growth of lily pads, so I spent four hours in a lake Sunday. Being next to shore in an area with little wave action, it was filled with about a foot of muck. No snakes fortunately, but a really big brown spider paniced and used me as a plant to escape the water. Ran up my t shirt and across my left cheek. No spider bites.
For those who hate weeding, fertilizing and mowing the lawn, there is always desert landscaping, combined with unistone tiles. Requires very little maintenance.

Or you can just live in a townhouse and let the association take care of it! :eusa_whistle:

Or you can go for the natural look and only cut something when you need more firewood.

Was just cruising around catching up on the daily news on the net when I ran across this.

What is the most weird song lyric ever written? A poll recently conducted in England has an answer:

At number five is Carly Rae Jepson's 'Call Me Maybe,' 'before you came into my life I missed you so bad.'

At number 4, the British have Lionel Richie saying, 'tom bo li de se de moi ya, yeah jambo jambo.'

Michael Jackson gets the 3rd spot with earth song's what about elephants?

The Beatles come in at number two with, 'I am walrus I am the eggman, they are the eggman, I am the walrus, goo goo g'job.'

Finally, the weirdest song lyric of all time goes to the killers who dared to ask 'Are we human or are we dancer?'

On a personal note, I am old enough to remember songs with much stranger lyrics than that. What about: Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?

Well, not in its original form --

Mares eat oats
And does eat oats
And little lambs eat ivy;
A kid'll eat ivy too,
Wouldn't you?

Was just cruising around catching up on the daily news on the net when I ran across this.

What is the most weird song lyric ever written? A poll recently conducted in England has an answer:

At number five is Carly Rae Jepson's 'Call Me Maybe,' 'before you came into my life I missed you so bad.'

At number 4, the British have Lionel Richie saying, 'tom bo li de se de moi ya, yeah jambo jambo.'

The Beatles come in at number two with, 'I am walrus I am the eggman, they are the eggman, I am the walrus, goo goo g'job.'

Finally, the weirdest song lyric of all time goes to the killers who dared to ask 'Are we human or are we dancer?'

On a personal note, I am old enough to remember songs with much stranger lyrics than that. What about: Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey

My answer is the entire lyrics to Lola. The age old story of boy meets transvestite, it's been told a thousand times before...

THE KINKS LYRICS
"Lola"

I met her in a club down in old Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola [LP version: Coca-Cola]
See-oh-el-aye cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said Lola
El-oh-el-aye Lola la-la-la-la Lola

Well I'm not the world's most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my Lola la-la-la-la Lola
Well I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walked like a woman and talked like a man
Oh my Lola la-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola

Well we drank champagne and danced all night
Under electric candlelight
She picked me up and sat me on her knee
And said dear boy won't you come home with me
Well I'm not the world's most passionate guy
But when I looked in her eyes well I almost fell for my Lola
La-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola
Lola la-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola
I pushed her away
I walked to the door
I fell to the floor
I got down on my knees
Then I looked at her and she at me

Well that's the way that I want it to stay
And I always want it to be that way for my Lola
La-la-la-la Lola
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola
La-la-la-la Lola

Well I left home just a week before
And I'd never ever kissed a woman before
But Lola smiled and took me by the hand
And said dear boy I'm gonna make you a man

Well I'm not the world's most masculine man
But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man
And so is Lola
La-la-la-la Lola la-la-la-la Lola

Ya.. I have it stuck in my head now.

I blame him.... R.D.

Guaranteed to unstick any other song stuck in your head.
(Warning - listening to this song may get it stuck in your head......) :eusa_whistle:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LBmUwi6mEo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LBmUwi6mEo[/ame]

I have an even better song...

:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxvlKp-76io]It's A Small World - Disney - YouTube[/ame]

Try this one:
sherry lewis song that never ends - Bing Videos

Today was day no. 9 of the grand 2014 Papa Stat- Princess Statalina vacation.

She told me over the weekend that she really, really wanted to go mini-golfing and she knew of a place where we could first walk about 40 minutes through a forest and would end up at the golf course place. I checked it out per internet and with google maps and sure enough, the forest was there. So, we took a 40 minute hike through a nice forest, landed at the mini-golf place:

$IMG_20140805_150418.jpg

Above: Princess Stalalina, armed with mini-golf club!

There we played two rounds, with an ice-cream break in between.

It rained really hard the night before, and the 9th "tee" was very difficult for her (and well, for all of us); her ball landed in the grass and she went to get it and slipped and fell and was crying a little, so I took off to help her without looking, and, not noticing the mud underneath my feet, did a really wonderful wipe-out, landed on my back, in a LOT of mud. Well, that alleviated little Miss Statalina's pain right away. She was laughing her ass off. And so was the rest of the Putt-Putt crew. And soon I was laughing my ass off. Fortunately for us, I packed extra clothing for both of us, so off to the bathroom we went, washed off, changed clothes and went back to the 9th tee. :D

The little one scored not just one, but 2 holes-in-one in the first round, and one hole-in-one in the second round. Papa scored only one hole-in-one, which was cause for great joy with Princess Statalina.

The day was one of those blazingly hot days where the sun beat down on us mercilessly for the first round, and then clouds appeared at the beginning of the second round.

After round two, we then walked the 40 minutes back to our car. The way back was great, with two creeks, one on the left and one on the right of us, running parallel to each other for a good deal of the way, and we did stick races, to see whose stick would be carried farther by the currents. Oh, to be a child again for just one day.

Oh, wait, I just was, today. :D :D

All said and done, the adventure took 7 hours.

Little Princess Statalina is also learning responsibility and is now taking our dog Kllia for two of her four daily walks, usually around two large blocks. From my top window, I cann see her and the dog for virtually all of the way, but it's good to let her to some on her own, I think. Plus, the Gummi-Bear treats afterward do indeed seem to motivate her.

When we got home, after she walked the pooch, we cooked dinner together. She asked to cut the veggies for the salad and I made the pasta. Easy dinner and delicious too. [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION], you would have loved it!

Her mom and I were both in agreement that there should be less chocolate this summer, so desserts are things like fruit and some ice cream or yoghurt, which she readily eats.

Just ten minutes ago, my little one hugged me, rubbed my stomach and said "Papa, I am so happy you are feeling better". Those words just made my day.

We are now happily watching (you guessed it) Scooby Doo.

:)

Hope you all had a great day, CSers!

Last edited:
The folks who installed our windows when we remodeled our houses just sent out a service man for the 5th time in the last year and a half to fix our bathroom window. It seems that someone had a couple of clip things on backwards which would not allow the window to fully close. Took them a year and a half and 5 different trips out here to fix the window to discover this. It works now and I am glad. I'm scratching my head and wondering how they can stay in business if their service is no better than this though?????????

When I was in the business I only got called out one time for our installer, I made the call myself and it was one screw that wasn't tightened all the way....

But we quit doing windows when Window World came around...Couldn't compete with them....

omg ...omg...omg...that item I said hubby got at the yard sale last saturday that I listed on ebay? omg...omg...he paid like 5 bucks for some sterling silver jewelry...and the item was in with the pile....so in essence we got it free since we already sold the sterling to a friend.....anyway....omg....DAYUM....it sold for FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS!

I am in shock.

She told me over the weekend that she really, really wanted to go mini-golfing and she knew of a place where we could first walk about 40 minutes through a forest and would end up at the golf course place. So, I check it out per internet and with google maps and sure enough, the forest was there. So, we took a 40 minute hike through a nice forest, landed at the mini-golf place:

View attachment 30997

It rained really hard the night before, and the 9th "tee" was very difficult for her (and well, for all of us); her ball landed in the grass and she went to get it and slipped and fell and was crying a little, so I took off to help her without looking, and, not noticing the mud underneath my feet, did a really wonderful wipe-out, landed on my back, in a LOT of mud. Well, that alleviated little Miss Statalina's pain right away. She was laughing her ass off. And so was the rest of the Putt-Putt crew. And soon I was laughing my ass off. Fortunately for us, I packed extra clothing for both of us, so off to the bathroom we went, washed off, changed clothes and went back to the 9th tee. :D

The little one scored not just one, but 2 holes-in-one in the first round, and one hole-in-one in the second round. Papa scored only one hole-in-one, which was cause for great joy with Princess Statalina.

The day was one of those blazingly hot days where the sun beat down on us mercilessly for the first round, and then clouds appeared at the beginning of the second round.

After round two, we then walked the 40 minutes back to our car. The way back was great, with two creeks, one on the left and one on the right of us, running parallel to each other for a good deal of the way, and we did stick races, to see whose stick would be carried farther by the currents. Oh, to be a child again for just one day.

Little Princess Statalina is also learning responsibility and is now taking our dog Kllia for two of her four daily walks, usually around two large blocks. From my top window, I cann see her and the dog for virtually all of the way, but it's good to let her to some on her own, I think. Plus, the Gummi-Bear treats afterward do indeed seem to motivate her.

When we got home, after she walked the pooch, we cooked dinner together. She asked to cut the veggies for the salad and I made the pasta. Easy dinner and delicious too. [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION], you would have loved it!

Her mom and I were both in agreement that there should be less chocolate this summer, so desserts are things like fruit and some ice cream or yoghurt, which she readily eats.

Just ten minutes ago, my little one hugged me, rubbed my stomach and said "Papa, I am so happy you are feeling better". Those words just made my day.

Sounds like the perfect day, Stat...:thup:...well except for the slipping part...luckily it was a soft landing...:lol:

Good idea with the chocolate, having it often will do damage to the teeth no matter how often you brush.

As for watching Scooby, he's a dog after my own heart. He's got a healthy appetite almost like mine...:D

Here's a group pic...

12156-3

omg ...omg...omg...that item I said hubby got at the yard sale last saturday that I listed on ebay? omg...omg...he paid like 5 bucks for some sterling silver jewelry...and the item was in with the pile....so in essence we got it free since we already sold the sterling to a friend.....anyway....omg....DAYUM....it sold for FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS!

I am in shock.

Ding ding ding! :eusa_dance:

Toldja you'd get that 450 offer. That was an omen.

Good on ya Gracie.

This has to be the strangest set of lyrics I know. Beat this --

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8iIwDCWAJg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8iIwDCWAJg[/ame]

Slim Galliard was fluent in several languages and here invents his own.

I am in shock.

I'd like to see that item.

Oh hell no. There is no way I would let anyone here know our ebay seller name. HELL no.

I still am in shock. I won't believe it until I see the money in our paypal from the high bidder.

I am in shock.

Congratulations!

She told me over the weekend that she really, really wanted to go mini-golfing and she knew of a place where we could first walk about 40 minutes through a forest and would end up at the golf course place. So, I check it out per internet and with google maps and sure enough, the forest was there. So, we took a 40 minute hike through a nice forest, landed at the mini-golf place:

View attachment 30997

Sounds like the perfect day, Stat...:thup:...well except for the slipping part...luckily it was a soft landing...:lol:

Good idea with the chocolate, having it often will do damage to the teeth no matter how often you brush.

As for watching Scooby, he's a dog after my own heart. He's got a healthy appetite almost like mine...:D

Here's a group pic...

12156-3

Roobie-Doobie-Roo!!!!

View attachment 30997

Now ya need to take her climbing...... Get her ready to be a Gebirgsjäger...... :eusa_whistle:

41-002_jpg.jpg

I am in shock.

money-pile-smiley-emoticon.gif

Forum List

Back