USMB Coffee Shop IV

A ridiculously foul-mouthed woman is the star of the most hilarious cooking show on the entire Internet.
[ame=http://youtu.be/jonnudQXrqU]The Egg Rolls - YouTube[/ame]

Morning, folks! Today is National Oyster Day.

22988008_BG1.jpg

Raw oysters are one of my favorites, with just a touch of lemon on top...:thup:

I'm out. :)

A movie villain drinking coffee.

tumblr_inline_n0ru1yge4k1r3hlbx.gif

You get to guess which villain....... and from which movie......

That's Tom Hiddleston, who played Loki in the Thor movies and the Avengers. I don't know what other villain he may have played.

The clip is from that Jaguar commercial where he, Ben Kingsley and Benedict Cumberbach talk about how Brits are better at being bad, isn't it?

That's Tom Hiddleston, who played Loki in the Thor movies and the Avengers. I don't know what other villain he may have played.

The clip is from that Jaguar commercial where he, Ben Kingsley and Benedict Cumberbach talk about how Brits are better at being bad, isn't it?

Montrovant wins the prize!! And what did he win? A wonderful You Tube video of canned applause!! Let's hear it for him audience!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0[/ame]

:D

Good morning everybody. A bit more rain overnight and today is probably our last chance for rain for at least a few days. Last day for the pleasant 80's too as temps will climb back into the more normal 90's tomorrow. Fall? Nooooo, not yet. It is only August 5!! Fall doesn't happen until mid September. :)

I'm with Sarah on the raw oysters. I don't eat anything you don't have to swallow to eat. But I do like them properly seasoned and fried or properly prepared in oyster dressing.

We are getting a new house guest tomorrow--our friend Dana is leaving her miniature dachshund with us for a few days while she goes to Oklahoma to visit her dad. I'm pretty much looking forward to that.

Hombre was just commenting that we probably missed out on a gold mine not starting up our own horoscope service a few years ago. He figures he could write them as well as the ones in the newspaper or found on the internet. :)

Okay more coffee and then brunch. Oh and in the songs stuck in your head category I woke up with this one in my head this morning so thought I would share:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv5zKd1rqcM]Los Del Rio - La Macarena ( Full Spanish Version with Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

On this day in history, on August 5, 1884, the cornerstone for the Statue of Liberty was laid on Bedloe's Island, now called Liberty Island, in New York Harbor. A gift from France to commemorate the friendship between our two nations in the Revolutionary War, the statue arrived in 350 separate pieces packed in 214 crates. After a flurry of private fund raising, the pedestal base was completed a year later in August 1885, and the statue was assembled in four months time and Lady Liberty has stood proudly at her post ever since.

300px-Liberty_Maersk.jpg

Last edited:

Montrovant wins the prize!! And what did he win? A wonderful You Tube video of canned applause!! Let's hear it for him audience!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barWV7RWkq0[/ame]

:D

I would like to thank my parents, my cat, and the laundry room gnome that steals the occasional sock. :thanks:

Morning, folks! Today is National Oyster Day.

22988008_BG1.jpg

Raw oysters are one of my favorites, with just a touch of lemon on top...:thup:

Oh, oysters on the half shell are food directly from heaven...

When they ask if I want them raw or steamed, it makes my skin crawl. Steaming the oysters? What a tragedy that would be.

On this day in history, on August 5, 1884, the cornerstone for the Statue of Liberty was laid on Bedloe's Island, now called Liberty Island, in New York Harbor. A gift from France to commemorate the friendship between our two nations in the Revolutionary War, the statue arrived in 350 separate pieces packed in 214 crates. After a flurry of private fund raising, the pedestal base was completed a year later in August 1885, and the statue was assembled in four months time and Lady Liberty has stood proudly at her post ever since.

That brings back painful memories. And embarrassing...

Sorry Man, we got into a debate about appropriate and inappropriate uses of several household items. It got a little heated...

jess-and-nick-plumb-deathrayzorcher.gif

Ah, yes...percussion engineering. Beat it to fit, paint it to match.

Let's see, something that looks like an ax handle stuffed in the garbage disposal being beat on with a fry pan....... Guess they didn't know about the reset switch on the disposal........ :lol:

Was just cruising around catching up on the daily news on the net when I ran across this.

What is the most weird song lyric ever written? A poll recently conducted in England has an answer:

At number five is Carly Rae Jepson's 'Call Me Maybe,' 'before you came into my life I missed you so bad.'

At number 4, the British have Lionel Richie saying, 'tom bo li de se de moi ya, yeah jambo jambo.'

Michael Jackson gets the 3rd spot with earth song's what about elephants?

The Beatles come in at number two with, 'I am walrus I am the eggman, they are the eggman, I am the walrus, goo goo g'job.'

Finally, the weirdest song lyric of all time goes to the killers who dared to ask 'Are we human or are we dancer?'

On a personal note, I am old enough to remember songs with much stranger lyrics than that. What about: Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?

Was just cruising around catching up on the daily news on the net when I ran across this.

What is the most weird song lyric ever written? A poll recently conducted in England has an answer:

At number five is Carly Rae Jepson's 'Call Me Maybe,' 'before you came into my life I missed you so bad.'

At number 4, the British have Lionel Richie saying, 'tom bo li de se de moi ya, yeah jambo jambo.'

Michael Jackson gets the 3rd spot with earth song's what about elephants?

The Beatles come in at number two with, 'I am walrus I am the eggman, they are the eggman, I am the walrus, goo goo g'job.'

Finally, the weirdest song lyric of all time goes to the killers who dared to ask 'Are we human or are we dancer?'

On a personal note, I am old enough to remember songs with much stranger lyrics than that. What about: Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?

Yes, I would kiddley divey too... Well, maybe once with Mrs. BBD's permission. We have XM radio in our vehicles and Mrs. BBD likes to listen to the 40's channel. That song pops up now and then.

Last edited:
The folks who installed our windows when we remodeled our houses just sent out a service man for the 5th time in the last year and a half to fix our bathroom window. It seems that someone had a couple of clip things on backwards which would not allow the window to fully close. Took them a year and a half and 5 different trips out here to fix the window to discover this. It works now and I am glad. I'm scratching my head and wondering how they can stay in business if their service is no better than this though?????????

Forum List

Back