USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well. Fuck. This is why I didn't let myself get too excited. Just heard from the high bidder. Typo. Last we saw before the shocker finale...high bid was a bit over 450 bucks. High bidder MEANT to bid 471.56 and an extra number got in there. Damn. But...at least we got a bit more than what that other guy offered with BIN.
When I saw that high bid when it ended my first thought was typo anyway. So I am not surprised. And I'm good with a 471.56 sale. :)

Today was day no. 9 of the grand 2014 Papa Stat- Princess Statalina vacation.

She told me over the weekend that she really, really wanted to go mini-golfing and she knew of a place where we could first walk about 40 minutes through a forest and would end up at the golf course place. So, I check it out per internet and with google maps and sure enough, the forest was there. So, we took a 40 minute hike through a nice forest, landed at the mini-golf place:

View attachment 30997

Above: Princess Stalalina, armed with mini-golf club!

There we played two rounds, with an ice-cream break in between.

It rained really hard the night before, and the 9th "tee" was very difficult for her (and well, for all of us); her ball landed in the grass and she went to get it and slipped and fell and was crying a little, so I took off to help her without looking, and, not noticing the mud underneath my feet, did a really wonderful wipe-out, landed on my back, in a LOT of mud. Well, that alleviated little Miss Statalina's pain right away. She was laughing her ass off. And so was the rest of the Putt-Putt crew. And soon I was laughing my ass off. Fortunately for us, I packed extra clothing for both of us, so off to the bathroom we went, washed off, changed clothes and went back to the 9th tee. :D

The little one scored not just one, but 2 holes-in-one in the first round, and one hole-in-one in the second round. Papa scored only one hole-in-one, which was cause for great joy with Princess Statalina.

The day was one of those blazingly hot days where the sun beat down on us mercilessly for the first round, and then clouds appeared at the beginning of the second round.

After round two, we then walked the 40 minutes back to our car. The way back was great, with two creeks, one on the left and one on the right of us, running parallel to each other for a good deal of the way, and we did stick races, to see whose stick would be carried farther by the currents. Oh, to be a child again for just one day.

Oh, wait, I just was, today. :D :D

All said and done, the adventure took 7 hours.

Little Princess Statalina is also learning responsibility and is now taking our dog Kllia for two of her four daily walks, usually around two large blocks. From my top window, I cann see her and the dog for virtually all of the way, but it's good to let her to some on her own, I think. Plus, the Gummi-Bear treats afterward do indeed seem to motivate her.

When we got home, after she walked the pooch, we cooked dinner together. She asked to cut the veggies for the salad and I made the pasta. Easy dinner and delicious too. [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION], you would have loved it!

Her mom and I were both in agreement that there should be less chocolate this summer, so desserts are things like fruit and some ice cream or yoghurt, which she readily eats.

Just ten minutes ago, my little one hugged me, rubbed my stomach and said "Papa, I am so happy you are feeling better". Those words just made my day.

We are now happily watching (you guessed it) Scooby Doo.

:)

Hope you all had a great day, CSers!

Now ya need to take her climbing...... Get her ready to be a Gebirgsjäger...... :eusa_whistle:

41-002_jpg.jpg

Well maybe, but definitely without the uniform.

Well, a Starfleet uniform would be ok...

:D

BTW, she really likes to climb. We do climbing walls here at two playgrounds. She is crazy for them.

Oh hell no. There is no way I would let anyone here know our ebay seller name. HELL no.

I still am in shock. I won't believe it until I see the money in our paypal from the high bidder.

You don't have to link to eBay. You could just post your own picture.

... If you want. I don't really care.

But I would like the address of where you plunked down five bucks for that thing.... :eusa_whistle:

On this day in history, on August 5, 1884, the cornerstone for the Statue of Liberty was laid on Bedloe's Island, now called Liberty Island, in New York Harbor. A gift from France to commemorate the friendship between our two nations in the Revolutionary War, the statue arrived in 350 separate pieces packed in 214 crates. After a flurry of private fund raising, the pedestal base was completed a year later in August 1885, and the statue was assembled in four months time and Lady Liberty has stood proudly at her post ever since.

That brings back painful memories. And embarrassing...

LOL. Now you've got everybody wondering. . . .:)

Today was day no. 9 of the grand 2014 Papa Stat- Princess Statalina vacation.

She told me over the weekend that she really, really wanted to go mini-golfing and she knew of a place where we could first walk about 40 minutes through a forest and would end up at the golf course place. So, I check it out per internet and with google maps and sure enough, the forest was there. So, we took a 40 minute hike through a nice forest, landed at the mini-golf place:

View attachment 30997

Above: Princess Stalalina, armed with mini-golf club!

There we played two rounds, with an ice-cream break in between.

It rained really hard the night before, and the 9th "tee" was very difficult for her (and well, for all of us); her ball landed in the grass and she went to get it and slipped and fell and was crying a little, so I took off to help her without looking, and, not noticing the mud underneath my feet, did a really wonderful wipe-out, landed on my back, in a LOT of mud. Well, that alleviated little Miss Statalina's pain right away. She was laughing her ass off. And so was the rest of the Putt-Putt crew. And soon I was laughing my ass off. Fortunately for us, I packed extra clothing for both of us, so off to the bathroom we went, washed off, changed clothes and went back to the 9th tee. :D

The little one scored not just one, but 2 holes-in-one in the first round, and one hole-in-one in the second round. Papa scored only one hole-in-one, which was cause for great joy with Princess Statalina.

The day was one of those blazingly hot days where the sun beat down on us mercilessly for the first round, and then clouds appeared at the beginning of the second round.

After round two, we then walked the 40 minutes back to our car. The way back was great, with two creeks, one on the left and one on the right of us, running parallel to each other for a good deal of the way, and we did stick races, to see whose stick would be carried farther by the currents. Oh, to be a child again for just one day.

Oh, wait, I just was, today. :D :D

All said and done, the adventure took 7 hours.

Little Princess Statalina is also learning responsibility and is now taking our dog Kllia for two of her four daily walks, usually around two large blocks. From my top window, I cann see her and the dog for virtually all of the way, but it's good to let her to some on her own, I think. Plus, the Gummi-Bear treats afterward do indeed seem to motivate her.

When we got home, after she walked the pooch, we cooked dinner together. She asked to cut the veggies for the salad and I made the pasta. Easy dinner and delicious too. [MENTION=45739]Jughead[/MENTION], you would have loved it!

Her mom and I were both in agreement that there should be less chocolate this summer, so desserts are things like fruit and some ice cream or yoghurt, which she readily eats.

Just ten minutes ago, my little one hugged me, rubbed my stomach and said "Papa, I am so happy you are feeling better". Those words just made my day.

We are now happily watching (you guessed it) Scooby Doo.

:)

Hope you all had a great day, CSers!

Now ya need to take her climbing...... Get her ready to be a Gebirgsjäger...... :eusa_whistle:

41-002_jpg.jpg

Well maybe, but definitely without the uniform.

Well, a Starfleet uniform would be ok...

BTW, she really likes to climb. We do climbing walls here at two playgrounds. She is crazy for them.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL1WqN1XKK0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL1WqN1XKK0[/ame]

Oh hell no. There is no way I would let anyone here know our ebay seller name. HELL no.

I still am in shock. I won't believe it until I see the money in our paypal from the high bidder.

You don't have to link to eBay. You could just post your own picture.

... If you want. I don't really care.

But I would like the address of where you plunked down five bucks for that thing.... :eusa_whistle:

It was a map. An old one. I had no clue what it was because I could not find a similar one on google or bing..so I just slapped it in there for a low bid and hoped it would sell.
Some lady cleaning out her mobile home, is what Mr. Gracie said. I was happy with the 20 bucks we got for the sterling jewelry, and I kept one of the bracelets. So the map money was just an extra perk. I am kinda bummed about the typo bid, but I am still happy with the final bid. Its a win win. Especially since today is Vet day for Karma to get her cyst drained and lab work done to make sure it isn't cancerous..which will cost me 127 bucks just for the lab work..and the vet visit is 53 bucks. Now that we got more for the map...I am going to have them trim her nails cuz I am afraid to do it myself.

On this day in history, on August 5, 1884, the cornerstone for the Statue of Liberty was laid on Bedloe's Island, now called Liberty Island, in New York Harbor. A gift from France to commemorate the friendship between our two nations in the Revolutionary War, the statue arrived in 350 separate pieces packed in 214 crates. After a flurry of private fund raising, the pedestal base was completed a year later in August 1885, and the statue was assembled in four months time and Lady Liberty has stood proudly at her post ever since.

That brings back painful memories. And embarrassing...

LOL. Now you've got everybody wondering. . . .:)

No secret, I'm the statue of liberty you know

Since my wife had her full hysterectomy, she's recovering quite well, there is an aspect of the after effects (instant menopause) that I'm having to deal with from time to time........ There are days I'm sorely tempted to commit murder or seppuku.......

Was just cruising around catching up on the daily news on the net when I ran across this.

What is the most weird song lyric ever written? A poll recently conducted in England has an answer:

At number five is Carly Rae Jepson's 'Call Me Maybe,' 'before you came into my life I missed you so bad.'

At number 4, the British have Lionel Richie saying, 'tom bo li de se de moi ya, yeah jambo jambo.'

Michael Jackson gets the 3rd spot with earth song's what about elephants?

The Beatles come in at number two with, 'I am walrus I am the eggman, they are the eggman, I am the walrus, goo goo g'job.'

Finally, the weirdest song lyric of all time goes to the killers who dared to ask 'Are we human or are we dancer?'

On a personal note, I am old enough to remember songs with much stranger lyrics than that. What about: Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?

The Doors, "His brain is squirming like a toad".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WruR66q9RK8]THE HITCHHIKER - Jim Morrison - YouTube[/ame]

Since my wife had her full hysterectomy, she's recovering quite well, there is an aspect of the after effects (instant menopause) that I'm having to deal with from time to time........ There are days I'm sorely tempted to commit murder or seppuku.......

That's the silver lining when we can go thru the change in a week. :)

And no more rag! W00T!

And no more rag! W00T!

I feel for the poor girl, She's highly intelligent and not normally given to irrational, emotional outbursts....... Hopefully when her OBGyn gets back this month from working in Africa she'll put her on some form of hormone replacement. :thup:
Oh and they've discovered that setting up hormone replacement based on each individual is not necessarily harmful. The study done back in the 80s or 90s that concluded all hormone replacement was bad was seriously flawed. Medical research for women has come a loooong way in the last 20 years.

So is she :D

Had a flashback today. My brother Hossfly is 12 years older than me. When I was in high school, he spent 2 tours in Viet Nam as an infantry soldier. You can imagine the feelings I had when watching the evening news and seeing the casualty count or when a chaplains car went by the house. Now I have a grandson who went to Afghanistan last month. Was watching the news this morning when they reported a soldier was killed . Here we go again.

Had a flashback today. My brother Hossfly is 12 years older than me. When I was in high school, he spent 2 tours in Viet Nam as an infantry soldier. You can imagine the feelings I had when watching the evening news and seeing the casualty count or when a chaplains car went by the house. Now I have a grandson who went to Afghanistan last month. Was watching the news this morning when they reported a soldier was killed . Here we go again.

We tend to forget the anxieties of those we leave at home.......Which is why when I retired I made sure the first recognition went to Mrs O.

Army wife, toughest job in the Army.....

And no more rag! W00T!

I feel for the poor girl, She's highly intelligent and not normally given to irrational, emotional outbursts....... Hopefully when her OBGyn gets back this month from working in Africa she'll put her on some form of hormone replacement. :thup:
Oh and they've discovered that setting up hormone replacement based on each individual is not necessarily harmful. The study done back in the 80s or 90s that concluded all hormone replacement was bad was seriously flawed. Medical research for women has come a loooong way in the last 20 years.

I was on premarin for about 8 years. I finally told myself I didn't need it and stopped. I take nothing now. Nothing wrong with me at all!! Shut up. No YOU shut up. No YOU.

Forum List

Back