USMB Coffee Shop IV

That happened to me a couple of years ago. They flew us all in to HQ in Toronto to map out their vision of the future, telling us "you guys are gonna be busier than you've ever been!"

Six months later we found out what they meant; we were indeed busier than ever ---looking for work somebody else to work for. The few that they kept on got the short end of the stick; they got worked into the ground.

First clue was when we all went to check in in Toronto and were told, "um... this room isn't paid for..."

I was going to issue that warning but you beat me to it. I've worked for three large companies that were purchased. The problem with these huge mergers is that both companies have IT departments; CEOs; Human Resource departments; etc. In every case, heads were chopped a few short months after the acquisition was complete. Just be the best at what you do and you should be safe but I've seen really good folks walk out the door with a pink slip.

@DriftingSand

I certainly know I am at risk of being downsized/consolidated/relocated/FIRED, but that's just the way things are. There is no doubt in my mind that eventually consolidation will happen, jobs will be chopped, and people will be fired.
On the flip-side of the coin, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the companies offered 'retention' bonuses to some of us if we promised to stay and work through the buyout/merger challenges. Because of my system and operational knowledge I'm a great candidate for a 'retention bonus'.

I truly wish you the very best and that this new company is better than your current one. I didn't mean to put a damper on things. Your skills and positive attitude should carry you far.

Ya.. I have it stuck in my head now.

I blame him.... R.D.

Guaranteed to unstick any other song stuck in your head.
(Warning - listening to this song may get it stuck in your head......) :eusa_whistle:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LBmUwi6mEo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LBmUwi6mEo[/ame]

I have an even better song...

:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxvlKp-76io]It's A Small World - Disney - YouTube[/ame]

How about this one? Every time you eat at a Mexican Restaurant in downtown San Antonio, the tourists from up north will ask the Mariachis to play it.....argh.........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm1anurhbeg]Guantanamera - The Sandpipers - YouTube[/ame]

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Oddball, Sunshine, and Becki.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Re, this posting:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-lounge/354712-usmb-coffee-shop-iv-232.html#post9565806

Little Miss Statalina, after 12 hours of snooze, snooze, snooze, woke up completely healthy, bright-eyed and bushy tailed this morning. She woke up singing. Anyone surprised about that one? :D

First stop: breakfast

Second stop: bowel movement! Amen!!!

Third stop: Scooby Doo

Fourth stop: a trip to a petting farm with a mini-golf course.

Damn, I don't even know if they call them "petting farms" in the USA anymore, but they are small private farms that have added a side business like a mini-golf course or a pool, where the kids can pet the animals and then play mini golf or tennis or swim, etc....

Just wanted to clarify the word "petting". I can see the jokes lining up now.... :D

So, the 4 day long Stat-Stomach-Bug-2014-Saga has now come to an end!

Afterward, I am stopping with her at a toy store where they have models. I remember a model of the Scooby Doo Mystery Van there.... :lol:

...right next to a Romulan Bird of Prey that I always wanted... :lol:

(yes, this is the little kid inside Stat, I have stolen his body for a day!)

Ltrs, gaters!

Today is Tuesday! Mrs. BBD will go down to the church and work with the other quilting ladies today to finish up a quilt they have been working on for several months. I don't know if they will finish it up this week or next week. Depends on how much they talk and how much they quilt. The grass cutting crew should come this afternoon but because of the rain last night and the pending rain today they may not come. A fellow is supposed to come fix a window in the bathroom about mid-morning. Will be interesting to see if he actually shows up. Not really much else going on. Because of all the naps yesterday, I had a hard time going to sleep last night. Up early this morning... Can't seem to get my sleep regulated. I guess I'm going to have to cut either the mid-morning nap or the after lunch nap out of my schedule. It's a shame. Taco will be pretty disappointed. Me too. Well, I suppose I shall go get a cup of coffee and usher in the day. Got to get busy and start planing the New England trip pretty soon. Mrs. BBD doesn't want a set schedule for the trip and just wants to sort of wander around up there for 2 or 3 weeks. I, on the other hand, like to know where I'm going, when I'm going, and how long I will be there. I have a sneaking suspension that she wants to search out quilt stores and such in New England. Me, I'm going in search of the lobster. Don't know if I will accomplish it but I plan on eating every lobster in Maine. Now, for that coffee... Hope everybody has a great day and remember this as you make your way through the day. Today is the day that you didn't give too much thought about 15 years ago.

All the coffee pots are full of fresh coffee. There are dozens of warm donuts that the delivery guy just dropped by. I've cleaned all the tables, refilled napkin holders, laid out all of the newspapers for the morning, have the tv turned on to the morning news, have carried out the trash and cleaned both the mens and ladies bathrooms. The coffee shop is open for business this morning. Put your bath robe on, your pink fluffy bedroom shoes, and paddle on down to face the day. I'll get busy and make some fresh squeezed orange juice and turn on all the lights. I'm ringing the dinner bell. Come and get it!

Re, this posting:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-lounge/354712-usmb-coffee-shop-iv-232.html#post9565806

Little Miss Statalina, after 12 hours of snooze, snooze, snooze, woke up completely healthy, bright-eyed and bushy tailed this morning. She woke up singing. Anyone surprised about that one? :D

First stop: breakfast

Second stop: bowel movement! Amen!!!

Third stop: Scooby Doo

Fourth stop: a trip to a petting farm with a mini-golf course.

Damn, I don't even know if they call them "petting farms" in the USA anymore, but they are small private farms that have added a side business like a mini-golf course or a pool, where the kids can pet the animals and then play mini golf or tennis or swim, etc....

Just wanted to clarify the word "petting". I can see the jokes lining up now.... :D

So, the 4 day long Stat-Stomach-Bug-2014-Saga has now come to an end!

Afterward, I am stopping with her at a toy store where they have models. I remember a model of the Scooby Doo Mystery Van there.... :lol:

...right next to a Romulan Bird of Prey that I always wanted... :lol:

(yes, this is the little kid inside Stat, I have stolen his body for a day!)

Ltrs, gaters!

Glad you both are back in the land of the happy healthy living....:D

I+LIKE+COFFEE.jpg

Yesterday was a hard-working day, so today I don't mind chilling out.....maybe take in a movie. We want to go see "Lucy," but someone posted on this Board that it wasn't that good. They mentioned that the movie is based on the erred thinking that we only use 10% of our brain....but I wonder if that is what ruined it for them. It's a movie....they can assume whatever they want...I just want to know if it is at least entertaining.

Forum List

Back