USMB Coffee Shop IV

Do you like piña coladas ...?

and getting caught in the rain?

Only if they have pretty umbrellas in them.

... and preferably while I am sitting on a beach.. or a lake.

LOL. Now you made me post it. . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVdhZwK7cS8]The Pina Colada Song - YouTube[/ame]

Morning All!

That seems Fair :)

That-seems-Fair1.jpg

Last edited:
Lucky me. Dentist today at 1:30 for 2 small fillings.
Oy. I hate those big assed needles but they sure do the trick.

and getting caught in the rain?

Only if they have pretty umbrellas in them.

... and preferably while I am sitting on a beach.. or a lake.

Well, now that you've started the song....

Ya.. I have it stuck in my head now.

I blame him.... R.D.

Guaranteed to unstick any other song stuck in your head.
(Warning - listening to this song may get it stuck in your head......) :eusa_whistle:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LBmUwi6mEo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LBmUwi6mEo[/ame]

I blame him.... R.D.

(Warning - listening to this song may get it stuck in your head......) :eusa_whistle:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LBmUwi6mEo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LBmUwi6mEo[/ame]

That's my all time favorite song of all songs.
I loved it when it came out and I still love it to this day. :D

Landscaping sometimes takes weird twists and turns. Normally I weed (when I must) it is on land. Have a customer with an over growth of lily pads, so I spent four hours in a lake Sunday. Being next to shore in an area with little wave action, it was filled with about a foot of muck. No snakes fortunately, but a really big brown spider paniced and used me as a plant to escape the water. Ran up my t shirt and across my left cheek. No spider bites.
For those who hate weeding, fertilizing and mowing the lawn, there is always desert landscaping, combined with unistone tiles. Requires very little maintenance.

Landscaping sometimes takes weird twists and turns. Normally I weed (when I must) it is on land. Have a customer with an over growth of lily pads, so I spent four hours in a lake Sunday. Being next to shore in an area with little wave action, it was filled with about a foot of muck. No snakes fortunately, but a really big brown spider paniced and used me as a plant to escape the water. Ran up my t shirt and across my left cheek. No spider bites.
For those who hate weeding, fertilizing and mowing the lawn, there is always desert landscaping, combined with unistone tiles. Requires very little maintenance.

Or you can just live in a townhouse and let the association take care of it! :eusa_whistle:

Not as little maintenance as you might think. Our whole yard is ceroscaped, but it still requires weeding and clean up. Hombre went out to check this morning and found goathead plants already two feet across because of all the rain. Pulled those and sprayed the other weedlings coming up. And twice a year we have to blow the leaves and debris out of the rock, plus its a landscaping nightmare trying to get the right amount of water and only the right amount of water to desert plants.

But a warm Coffee Shop welcome to [MENTION=42588]anukulardecider[/MENTION]--we'll definitely have to call him AD :)--who joined us for the first time this afternoon. Be sure to read over the OP and get the gist of what we're all about in the CS and then drag up a chair and settle in. After a few posts you become regular family here. And here is your first timer's complimentary beverage :)

Latte_macchiato_biscuits.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

I blame him.... R.D.

Has anyone heard this original one done in 1939?
It's an ancient Zulu Hunting chant that they did before they went out to hunt lions.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a day...

Dog bites neighbor on Saturday. I told her right off the bat to get it looked at and my insurance will cover it. "Nah, it'll be fine". Animal shelter calls this morning - neighbor went to clinic, clinic reported incident to animal shelter, shelter calls us. 10 day quarantine for the dog- at the vet. Vet full- can't board. Call six more vets in a 3-county area and all full except for one 30 miles away.

Option 2- quarantine at home with vet's approval. Approval requires vet to assume all liability. Six vets turn me down. Even the vet where I've spent thousands of dollars over the past 15 years.

So I take the dog and the home-approval form to the vet 30 miles from here. He was very reluctant, but told me the last thing a 15 year old dog should be doing is spending 10 days in the hole. So he signed it and told us to be extremely careful to keep the dog in the house and on a leash in the fenced yard only so he can pee and poo.

*whew*

Hell I even called the state's Department of Agriculture. They said home quarantine is fine with them without vet approval but - state law does not trump local law in this case.

When this blows over in 10 (well, 8 now) days, the county veterinary board is going to hear from me. And that shit State's Attorney who approved this rule

So it turns out that yellowjacket stings hurt a lot more than Georgia scorpion stings. :mad:

I riled up an underground wasp's nest yesterday with the riding mower. I didn't get stung and didn't get close enough after that to say anything about the kind of wasp or bee they were, but they looked way too big to have been something else like a swarm of gnats. However, I didn't see them again, even when I got (relatively) close to the same spot again.

So today I was using the push mower to get some spots that the riding mower had trouble with, and suddenly OW! What just bit my foot? :eek: I kicked off my flip-flops, knocking my MP3 player out of my pocket in the process, and look down to see 3 or 4 yellowjackets hanging on to my pants (I'm glad I wore jeans, and jeans without any holes in them, to touch up the lawn today!). So I head back into the house, go put some cold water on my foot (which still hurts), kill another wasp which I apparently missed and which came off of me in the bathroom, and head back out. I can't find the nest, so I spray some wasp killer in a couple of spots that look like they might be it and do the rest of the lawn.

It's now an hour or so later and my foot still hurts a bit. When I got stung by one of our scorpions, it was a small sting and didn't linger. The scorpions look more dangerous, but the wasps are much worse! :evil:

I'm just glad I only got one sting. That could have seriously sucked if they'd really swarmed me.

Not as little maintenance as you might think. Our whole yard is ceroscaped, but it still requires weeding and clean up. Hombre went out to check this morning and found goathead plants already two feet across because of all the rain. Pulled those and sprayed the other weedlings coming up. And twice a year we have to blow the leaves and debris out of the rock, plus its a landscaping nightmare trying to get the right amount of water and only the right amount of water to desert plants.
A layer of plastic underneath may help with the weeds. Of course something like Weed Stopper is also good, but requires some effort. If there are weeds around the vicinity of the plants (cactus, lantana, oleander...), then the weed spray would need to be plant friendly. I've been lucky so far this year with my lawn, I haven't caught any sprinkler heads with my lawn mower, but destroyed a couple last year. I'd like to desert landscape the entire yard, but Mrs Jughead likes the grass...:)

A layer of plastic underneath may help with the weeds. Of course something like Weed Stopper is also good, but requires some effort. If there are weeds around the vicinity of the plants (cactus, lantana, oleander...), then the weed spray would need to be plant friendly. I've been lucky so far this year with my lawn, I haven't caught any sprinkler heads with my lawn mower, but destroyed a couple last year. I'd like to desert landscape the entire yard, but Mrs Jughead likes the grass...:)

Stained concrete.........:eusa_whistle:

concrete-stain-1600x1062-design-for-today-seasonal-updates-for-your-yard-or-balcony-urumix.com.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back