USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sarah G looks to have another day without potable water. Two observations about this situation, neither of which I consider political. First, dispite the downside to the algae bloom issue in Toledo, it is really nice to see how people can come together and help each other. Second, it is easy to see and say we need to improve our streets. It is another thing to realize what we did underground 70 years ago needs help too.

Sounds like Sarah G needs the winds to blow and rain to fall for this bloom to break up a bit. Here's hoping you get crappy weather Sarah!

A little snack for the night owls.:)

LateNightSnackFood.png

swoon.gif

Ah thank you Sherry. You shouldn't have - I mean a glass of milk per cookie? I can make one glass last several cookies.

But you go ahead and get trays for the others, I'll get to work on this...
munching-1242.gif

I was in band in High School. I wanted to play the trumpet but we had about 8 people that played the trumpet, and I wasn't the best one, so I was like 4th chair. The band director needed a French Horn player, but none of the guys wanted to play it, and I thought it was an awful looking instrument (compared to the trumpet) and I kept saying no. The band director told me I could have 1st chair if I switched to the French Horn....so I finally agreed. After a short while I got over my dislike for the French Horn and got to really liking it. I didn't keep up with my music after I left high school and today I wouldn't know how to play it.....tsk, tsk....

Yes you would. Physical memory is amazing. Trust your fingers. :thup:

I don't know, I know the notes, still, I just don't remember the finger alignment for the notes....it's a blank.

I think it's supposed to be a blank, because that will come from the right brain. I've noticed I can put down my hammered dulcimer for 12 years, never touch it, then drag it out and think "I used to know some tunes, what were they?" and come up with the same blank. Then the hands just start finding the notes on their own and show me what the tune was. I hear what the hands are doing and go, "oh yeah, that's it".

The hands remember those physical patterns given the right circumstances. Pick up the instrument, I'll bet it's there. It's kind of the same thing as "remembering" how to type on a keyboard. We don't think it analytically, we just feel it.

That's how it is for me, although I'm completely right-brained about music. I know how to read the dots but it's waaay too much work.

Last edited:
It's morning. That's about all I have to say about it. Woke up several times last night with a painful left leg. Woke up this morning at 0550 because of the pain. Can't figure out what's going on with it. It just hurts. After I've been up for a while the pain will go away and it doesn't usually return until around midnight when I'm in bed. I have an appointment with my doctor for Aug 13th. I think I'm going to ask him to saw it off and learn how to hop around on one leg. At least then it wouldn't hurt. I hate it when anything is wrong with me. Makes me grumpy and a bit on the irritable side. Here lately when Taco sees me he runs. Going to have some more coffee and sulk.

Bakers cyst? Posterior cartilage/meniscus tear?

Landscaping sometimes takes weird twists and turns. Normally I weed (when I must) it is on land. Have a customer with an over growth of lily pads, so I spent four hours in a lake Sunday. Being next to shore in an area with little wave action, it was filled with about a foot of muck. No snakes fortunately, but a really big brown spider paniced and used me as a plant to escape the water. Ran up my t shirt and across my left cheek. No spider bites.

It's morning. That's about all I have to say about it. Woke up several times last night with a painful left leg. Woke up this morning at 0550 because of the pain. Can't figure out what's going on with it. It just hurts. After I've been up for a while the pain will go away and it doesn't usually return until around midnight when I'm in bed. I have an appointment with my doctor for Aug 13th. I think I'm going to ask him to saw it off and learn how to hop around on one leg. At least then it wouldn't hurt. I hate it when anything is wrong with me. Makes me grumpy and a bit on the irritable side. Here lately when Taco sees me he runs. Going to have some more coffee and sulk.

Sciatica?

The better half is up and moving around, and we will go to the gym in a bit.

We try to walk every day two to three miles at least once a day, and do a circuit alternating weights and step ups at least three times a week.

That is an excellent routine. Diet and exercise...the best routine for optimum health. :thup:

this was our drive down to the shore this weekend. what a mess. you couldn't go much more than 10 mph because yhe water was so deep you couldn't control the car.

3-040814092701.jpeg

Challenging to say the least. I always found driving in that kind of weather with a loved one, to be very exciting. Even romantic. ( I know :cuckoo: ) :lol:

There is something about it that brings two people closer. Maybe stemming from need.

Sciatica?

Usually not behind the knee. I'd be willing to bet BBD has an age related tear, i.e. it simply wore out, not uncommon with us somewhat, slightly older than many others folk. :eusa_whistle:

Now a third option just came to mind, a bone spur but BBD hasn't complained (to us) of his knee "catching" and a bone spur is typically not constantly painful but more so during locomotion.

this was our drive down to the shore this weekend. what a mess. you couldn't go much more than 10 mph because yhe water was so deep you couldn't control the car.

3-040814092701.jpeg

Challenging to say the least. I always found driving in that kind of weather with a loved one, to be very exciting. Even romantic. ( I know :cuckoo: ) :lol:

There is something about it that brings two people closer. Maybe stemming from need.

then you never drove in this weather in NY traffic lol

there were some people who actuallly thought they could still go 60. tons of cars were stalling out. once the traffic could get moving a little the accidents started.

3-040814092701.jpeg

Oh yeah, definitely. Especially if it's ...snow. :eusa_dance:

I'm ready. Got my wood piled up and my propane filled, bring it on. :badgrin:

Forum List

Back