USMB Coffee Shop IV

Shoot. I just realized school starts on Tuesday. Fantastic.:(

On a side note, who thinks Marching Band is a sport? What about Professional Video Gaming? I personally say the first is, but the second isn't.

My son is in marching band, and they have to run the mile before every practice, as well as other exercises to prepare them for their drills...those kids get a real physical work out, not to mention the mental work out of learning and playing the music.

Almost all the males in the branch of my family that stayed in Philly marched in those big marching bands. You had to be fit to carry those costumes, march and perform. So, yeah, marching bands are a pretty athletic activity.

I would have went out for band when I was in high school but they didn't have a Jew's Harp section.

I have been so bored I did something I never thought I would do tonight I actually tried to watch some of sharknado 2 I got through a whole thirty seconds before I had to switch to the paint drying channel.

cats_good_night_wallpaper.jpg

I have been so bored I did something I never thought I would do tonight I actually tried to watch some of sharknado 2 I got through a whole thirty seconds before I had to switch to the paint drying channel.

I like the paint drying channel, it's more intellectually stimulating then 99% of the tripe they try to feed us........ :cool:

Attended tournament yesterday. Competed with a bunch of people. Came away with a bronze for kata, and a bronze for kumite. Now at home nursing a pulled hamstring.

It's photo shopped.
Notice the straight line- cut and past job with the black out fit she is wearing, right next to that extra hand under her. :D

I don't think it is photoshopped. That straight line looks like the brown arm of the chair....you can't see her black dress below her arm (with the watch).

The guy is sitting on someone's lap, you can see the khaki pants under his blue pants.
I think the head with the beard belongs to the khaki shorts. he is looking over the shoulder of the girl in beige and her head is behind the girl in black

Yeah, I think you're right. The beige shirt person appears to have boobs, be it ever so small.....:D

I like the paint drying channel, it's more intellectually stimulating then 99% of the tripe they try to feed us........ :cool:

On the bright side in the short time I watched it l learned a shark can be sucked out of the ocean to an altitude of 35,000 feet and survive long enough to be hurled through an airplane and bite someones head off. I'm sure that will come in handy on all future flights I might take.

Oh, I remember Band Camp, 1978 1979, 1980 and 1981 quite vividly.... it's a sport...

Sadly, the only people who realize how much work goes into Band are those who are in it, so we get so little respect from others. My mother said that checkers is more of a physical sport than Marching Band.
Your mother is wrong and that's just a shame.

Proud band mother of two here, and without you guys there are no concerts, the fabulous state/nation wide competitions don't happen, parades are dulls ville, pep rallies might as well be shelved, the games are far less exciting, graduation ceremonies lack pizazz and school fund raising suffers. Music is an intellectual past time marching band is a work out and like concert band is an exercise in sophistication talent and team work

You rock and don't forget it!

I was in band in High School. I wanted to play the trumpet but we had about 8 people that played the trumpet, and I wasn't the best one, so I was like 4th chair. The band director needed a French Horn player, but none of the guys wanted to play it, and I thought it was an awful looking instrument (compared to the trumpet) and I kept saying no. The band director told me I could have 1st chair if I switched to the French Horn....so I finally agreed. After a short while I got over my dislike for the French Horn and got to really liking it. I didn't keep up with my music after I left high school and today I wouldn't know how to play it.....tsk, tsk....

On the bright side in the short time I watched it l learned a shark can be sucked out of the ocean to an altitude of 35,000 feet and survive long enough to be hurled through an airplane and bite someones head off. I'm sure that will come in handy on all future flights I might take.

neptunic_suit_2005.jpg

Never fly without it........ :eusa_whistle:

Sadly, the only people who realize how much work goes into Band are those who are in it, so we get so little respect from others. My mother said that checkers is more of a physical sport than Marching Band.

Proud band mother of two here, and without you guys there are no concerts, the fabulous state/nation wide competitions don't happen, parades are dulls ville, pep rallies might as well be shelved, the games are far less exciting, graduation ceremonies lack pizazz and school fund raising suffers. Music is an intellectual past time marching band is a work out and like concert band is an exercise in sophistication talent and team work

I was in band in High School. I wanted to play the trumpet but we had about 8 people that played the trumpet, and I wasn't the best one, so I was like 4th chair. The band director needed a French Horn player, but none of the guys wanted to play it, and I thought it was an awful looking instrument (compared to the trumpet) and I kept saying no. The band director told me I could have 1st chair if I switched to the French Horn....so I finally agreed. After a short while I got over my dislike for the French Horn and got to really liking it. I didn't keep up with my music after I left high school and today I wouldn't know how to play it.....tsk, tsk....

Yes you would. Physical memory is amazing. Trust your fingers. :thup:

So true. Even in black and white.

Yes you would. Physical memory is amazing. Trust your fingers. :thup:

I don't know, I know the notes, still, I just don't remember the finger alignment for the notes....it's a blank.

My son is in marching band, and they have to run the mile before every practice, as well as other exercises to prepare them for their drills...those kids get a real physical work out, not to mention the mental work out of learning and playing the music.

Oh, I remember Band Camp, 1978 1979, 1980 and 1981 quite vividly.... it's a sport...

Oy, Gewalt!

Forum List

Back