USMB Coffee Shop IV

I cant figure this one out, its driving me crazy

right-angle-photos-dude-boobs-1.jpg
There are too many arms for the people in the picture.....he has his arm around her, but there is another hand/arm between them on her legs, and one arm sticking out (tattooed) next to him....
Eyes like a hawk!

Shoot. I just realized school starts on Tuesday. Fantastic.:(

On a side note, who thinks Marching Band is a sport? What about Professional Video Gaming? I personally say the first is, but the second isn't.
Saw on TV a couple weeks ago some college is going to make video gaming a sport and award scholarships. Might as well add Pocket Pool to the list of sports.

hD7C79D16

I can think of a few USMB pocket pool champions.....:eusa_whistle:

There are too many arms for the people in the picture.....he has his arm around her, but there is another hand/arm between them on her legs, and one arm sticking out (tattooed) next to him....

It's photo shopped.
Notice the straight line- cut and past job with the black out fit she is wearing, right next to that extra hand under her. :D

On a side note, who thinks Marching Band is a sport? What about Professional Video Gaming? I personally say the first is, but the second isn't.

My son is in marching band, and they have to run the mile before every practice, as well as other exercises to prepare them for their drills...those kids get a real physical work out, not to mention the mental work out of learning and playing the music.

Oh, I remember Band Camp, 1978 1979, 1980 and 1981 quite vividly.... it's a sport...

It's photo shopped.
Notice the straight line- cut and past job with the black out fit she is wearing, right next to that extra hand under her. :D

I don't think it is photoshopped. That straight line looks like the brown arm of the chair....you can't see her black dress below her arm (with the watch).

The guy is sitting on someone's lap, you can see the khaki pants under his blue pants.

It's photo shopped.

I don't think it is photoshopped. That straight line looks like the brown arm of the chair....you can't see her black dress below her arm (with the watch).

The guy is sitting on someone's lap, you can see the khaki pants under his blue pants.
I think the head with the beard belongs to the khaki shorts. he is looking over the shoulder of the girl in beige and her head is behind the girl in black

it looks like the girl in the beige top is sitting on some guys lap with khaki shorts

I see a black top........ I assumed it was part of a girl.... Didn't look any farther......:eusa_angel:

It's photo shopped.

I think the head with the beard belongs to the khaki shorts. he is looking over the shoulder of the girl in beige and her head is behind the girl in black

:lol: Ok, now I see it. :lol:

Thanks, that one had me for hours

it looks like the girl in the beige top is sitting on some guys lap with khaki shorts

Okay, that's not a girl in the beige top....it's got a beard.....:D

Okay, that's not a girl in the beige top....it's got a beard.....:D

he's looking over her shoulder. she's on his lap

Mornin' all.

boedicca-albums-mo-mo-mo-boedicca-s-stuff-picture6135-coffeebath-1.gif

I can't stand watermelon, so am substituting Cantaloupe for today.

Sadly, it is a very cool foggy day...which makes the prospect of going to the Art + Soul Festival a tad less appealing.

You don't like watermelon? Really? I believe you are the first person I have ever met who didn't like watermelon. But oh well. It is such little idiosyncrasies that makes us interesting people. Hombre is always amazed that I remember people's food allergies and preferences decades later--this one won't eat real butter--that one won't eat blackberries or anything blackberry flavored--this one has a nut allergy--grapes make that one's blood sugar spike, etc.

But me? I love watermelon and, though they are stupid expensive anymore, we usually have some in the fridge when they are in season. Good stuff and good for you.

Cool and foggy in California sounds like a good thing with all the drought and wild fires out there though. I am hoping that is remedied for California soon as New Mexico is enjoying one of the best monsoon seasons we have had in a very long time.

I've never liked watermelon either. I'm with Bo - substitute canteloupe. Canteloupe rules.

My son is in marching band, and they have to run the mile before every practice, as well as other exercises to prepare them for their drills...those kids get a real physical work out, not to mention the mental work out of learning and playing the music.

Oh, I remember Band Camp, 1978 1979, 1980 and 1981 quite vividly.... it's a sport...

Sadly, the only people who realize how much work goes into Band are those who are in it, so we get so little respect from others. My mother said that checkers is more of a physical sport than Marching Band.

I finally talked to Pat late last night -- she's back home after two weeks in hospital, still detoxing, having been removed from all the drug cocktails she's been set up with over several years, her voice now sounding much stronger and clearer than I've heard it in a long time. She's back to being bedridden with a useless leg, no feeling in one quadrant, a nasty infection that festered a while before it was noticed and needs regular attention, bedsores, all the stuff that drove her to seek an exit ramp from this mortal coil.

She's less angry now that her attempt failed but she seems to have come to terms with it and moved on. Though she says she's lost some recent memories she sounds very lucid and there was no brain damage apparently. So .... life goes on basically. Once the first few days of the event came and went I stopped getting updates so we had a lot to catch up on.

She speaks wistfully and hopefully in terms of 'what does it take to re-grow muscle and nerve tissue', which is very hard to listen to because I really don't think that's possible and it's a serious hurdle she has to take to accept that. That may be her most trying challenge now.

I'm thinking I might make a plan to go up there to just facilitate stuff that might make her life easier, logistically. Maybe arranging for bedside internet, that sort of thing...

Sadly, the only people who realize how much work goes into Band are those who are in it, so we get so little respect from others. My mother said that checkers is more of a physical sport than Marching Band.

I was in band from 4th grade through college and I agree. It doesn't get the respect that it deserves. Only the kids and maybe their parents understand how much practice goes into getting a high ranking seat in your instrument section or placing well at All State and what it is like learning and practicing the marching routines in all kinds of weather. My HS band (from Santa Fe NM) was chosen to do the entire halftime show at the All Star Game at Soldiers Field, Chicago. We practiced four hours a day for many weeks in advance of the August performance and in the rest of our time we were helping raise the lot of money it took for the four busses, motels, meals, etc.

And I think it is disgraceful that they don't show the great marching bands at halftime at televised games. Instead we endure tedious, boring interviews and commentary unless we do something else during that 20-30 minutes.

I was in band from 4th grade through college and I agree. It doesn't get the respect that it deserves. Only the kids and maybe their parents understand how much practice goes into getting a high ranking seat in your instrument section or placing well at All State and what it is like learning and practicing the marching routines in all kinds of weather. My HS band (from Santa Fe NM) was chosen to do the entire halftime show at the All Star Game at Soldiers Field, Chicago. We practiced four hours a day for many weeks in advance of the August performance and in the rest of our time we were helping raise the lot of money it took for the four busses, motels, meals, etc.

And I think it is disgraceful that they don't show the great marching bands at halftime at televised games. Instead we endure tedious, boring interviews and commentary unless we do something else during that 20-30 minutes.

About that halftime thing, I'm afraid a marching band is just one of those things (among many) that simply don't translate well to a TV screen. I know I get nothing but a snore watching one on a screen, which is a quite different impression from seeing it live. I think TV producers realized that early on and found other things to plug in so as not to lose the entire audience.

It's certainly a physical thing though. I've never been in a traditional marching band but I have been part of a Brazilian batucada street ensemble, marching for hours. Try doing that while playing shaker for three hours...

Your mother is wrong and that's just a shame.

Proud band mother of two here, and without you guys there are no concerts, the fabulous state/nation wide competitions don't happen, parades are dulls ville, pep rallies might as well be shelved, the games are far less exciting, graduation ceremonies lack pizazz and school fund raising suffers. Music is an intellectual past time marching band is a work out and like concert band is an exercise in sophistication talent and team work

You rock and don't forget it!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back