USMB Coffee Shop IV

Tom Collins - it's something from Clifford Simak books, lol :)
Yes, girls usually like vodka with any juice - expecially tomato or orange..
Recipe for a true alcoholic - is vodka+beer (coctail Youth :)) or vodka+wine (a kiss of Aunt Clava, drink more legendar, than real.. I've drunk in only once in life ;)) Also, not long ago we created new variant of recipe - wine+cognac (a kiss of Associate Professor :)). Good drink, but really too hard for our not so young bodies, lol...
Good grief. I hadn't thought about Clifford Simak in years. Not one of America's better known authors but very prolific. Alcohol here in some sectors is quite an art form. Though some Americans mostly drink beer or take their alcohol 'neat' or 'straight', bartenders usually go to school to learn how to create a huge variety of various drinks.
1666712844036.png

Some are quite delicious. When I was still drinking, my favorites were the Tom Collins, daquiris, margaritas, pina coladas, and a simple rum and coke. I never drank hard liquor straight and preferred sweeter wines.

Sometimes I think a glass of wine with dinner would be nice or it would be fun to have an exotic cocktail, but I don't really miss it.

Last edited:
Good grief. I hadn't thought about Clifford Simak in years. Not one of America's better known authors but very prolific. Alcohol here in some sectors is quite an art form. Though some Americans mostly drink beer or take their alcohol 'neat' or 'straight', bartenders usually go to school to learn how to create a huge variety of various drinks.
View attachment 715312

Some are quite delicious. When I was still drinking, my favorites were the Tom Collins, daquiris, margaritas, pina coladas, and a simple rum and coke. I never drank hard liquor straight and preferred sweeter wines.

Sometimes I think a glass of wine with dinner would be nice or it would be fun to have an exotic cocktail, but I don't really miss it.
When I lived in Voronezh, there was an excellent bar, we visited it only for drinking coctails. From traditional (pina colada, screwdriver or somethins else) to specific, like "dead horse" or "screaming lizard"... Or "russian flag" with vodka, grenadine and blu curacao.. And, offcourse, B-52 :))
Now I really prefer red dry too... At weekend, with a barbeque in my own garden :) I was a strong lover of beer... but one day I've understood, it's enought of beer for me... It seems, covid changed my taste (also taking a third of my lung :))

When I lived in Voronezh, there was an excellent bar, we visited it only for drinking coctails. From traditional (pina colada, screwdriver or somethins else) to specific, like "dead horse" or "screaming lizard"... Or "russian flag" with vodka, grenadine and blu curacao.. And, offcourse, B-52 :))
Now I really prefer red dry too... At weekend, with a barbeque in my own garden :) I was a strong lover of beer... but one day I've understood, it's enought of beer for me... It seems, covid changed my taste (also taking a third of my lung :))
Residual unhappy effects from COVID are a fact for far too many. Sorry about that. Hope you are doing well otherwise.

We have a local organic restaurant which makes the most delicious vegan scones ever. I can't believe that they're not made with butter or eggs. These are the best scones I've ever eaten.

As for drinks, I love vodka martinis: sour apple martinis, Cosmopolitans (cranberry juice and Triple Sec), and Moscow Mules (vodka, ginger beer and a kiss of lime juice). But my friend says I'm a lousy drinking companion because I only have one drink, or two at most.

We have a local organic restaurant which makes the most delicious vegan scones ever. I can't believe that they're not made with butter or eggs. These are the best scones I've ever eaten.

As for drinks, I love vodka martinis: sour apple martinis, Cosmopolitans (cranberry juice and Triple Sec), and Moscow Mules (vodka, ginger beer and a kiss of lime juice). But my friend says I'm a lousy drinking companion because I only have one drink, or two at most.
People are very contradictory.. they trying to drink to be drunk, but also trying drink as much as they can do... Drink one of two shot till well condition is very economically! :)

I used these ingredients and have since switched to nestle from folgers. Folgers $6 Nestle $10 price equals quality. Still like folgers though lotsa good memories.
Screenshot_20221027-170941~01.pngScreenshot_20221027-170915~01.pngScreenshot_20221027-170851~01.png
All calories are contained in the milk.

Posting from the rink at the Hershey Centre, or whatever they’re calling it this week.

Womens SP are finished and we’re on to dance. I went to St Lawrence Market to get my favourite coffee. This is the flavoured coffee display.

Attachments

• 0C3DF05E-A0B5-45EA-BC26-727504A7D18C.jpeg
    0C3DF05E-A0B5-45EA-BC26-727504A7D18C.jpeg
    487.1 KB · Views: 14
Posting from the rink at the Hershey Centre, or whatever they’re calling it this week.

Womens SP are finished and we’re on to dance. I went to St Lawrence Market to get my favourite coffee. This is the flavoured coffee display.
Wow. I think maybe Starbucks is the only brand selling bottled flavored coffee--usually intended to be drunk cold--here. My aunt is the only one I know who buys them but she does enjoy them. But they're pricey. The last I bought her (during COVID and before inflation) was like $3.29 or such. No telling what they cost now.

Wow. I think maybe Starbucks is the only brand selling bottled flavored coffee--usually intended to be drunk cold--here. My aunt is the only one I know who buys them but she does enjoy them. But they're pricey. The last I bought her (during COVID and before inflation) was like $3.29 or such. No telling what they cost now.

This is a very small store that only sells coffee and tea. Above the rack for coffee is another rack for about 20 more apothecary jars filled with various teas.

The coffee is about $18 cdn per lb which is about $13.50 US. I bought a pound of my favourite Los Hermosas. It’s not flavoured, but it is a really rich flavourful coffee that is served at high end independent cafes.

My bread maker showed up yesterday and today I washed it out as recommended, put in a recipe for peasant bread and of course I did something wrong..... It shrunk while baking, came out not quite finished, kinda moist and spongy. The birds are gonna love it....... :lol:
I have a french bread recipe in there now and it appears to be doing fine.

My bread maker showed up yesterday and today I washed it out as recommended, put in a recipe for peasant bread and of course I did something wrong..... It shrunk while baking, came out not quite finished, kinda moist and spongy. The birds are gonna love it....... :lol:
I have a french bread recipe in there now and it appears to be doing fine.
Well keep me advised. I seriously doubt I'll get one but I'm intrigued. What brand did you get?

I don’t know how it is in the US, am travelling there in 2 weeks; but the rate at which cups of coffee are rising here is enough to bankrupt one.

At my favourite French coffee house/bistro, this week they put the price of a cup of coffee up to 3 euros 50,-.

Yet people are revelling here, feasting as if there is no tomorrow.

I went to the Mexican restaurant last night. Two Americans were there, the rest came from all over the world. The organiser was Egyptian, and the waiter was from the Dominican Republic.

Last edited:
The second loaf came out pretty good, still a little dense but not too bad.
Well keep me advised. I seriously doubt I'll get one but I'm intrigued. What brand did you get?
The second loaf came out much better but still was a tad on the dense side. Even though I purchased the Amazon Basics 2 Pound Bread Maker for $70. One of the things these bread makers can do is they can mix and knead the dough which can be removed to make rolls or most any other type of bread you like. There are multiple settings, even settings for making cake and home made jams. You can set your crust for light, medium or dark, make 1 1/2 pound or 2 pound loaves.

I don’t know how it is in the US, am travelling there in 2 weeks; but the rate at which cups of coffee are rising here is enough to bankrupt one.

At my favourite French coffee house/bistro, this week they put the price of a cup of coffee up to 3 euros 50,-.

Yet people are revelling here, feasting as if there is no tomorrow.

I went to the Mexican restaurant last night. Two Americans were there, the rest came from all over the world. The organiser was Egyptian, and the waiter was from the Dominican Republic.
I haven't been to coffee shop since 2015 so I have no idea what they're asking for a cup of coffee. The coffee I purchase has gone up around $5 per unit since the pandemic shut downs.

I haven't been to coffee shop since 2015 so I have no idea what they're asking for a cup of coffee. The coffee I purchase has gone up around $5 per unit since the pandemic shut downs.
Bread at Albertsons yesterday--this is their cheapest store brand--was $1.67/loaf. Hombre bought a lot of coffee on line just before the worst of the inflation hit so I haven't priced coffee lately but I bet I have to grit my teeth to buy it when we do need it.

The second loaf came out pretty good, still a little dense but not too bad.

The second loaf came out much better but still was a tad on the dense side. Even though I purchased the Amazon Basics 2 Pound Bread Maker for $70. One of the things these bread makers can do is they can mix and knead the dough which can be removed to make rolls or most any other type of bread you like. There are multiple settings, even settings for making cake and home made jams. You can set your crust for light, medium or dark, make 1 1/2 pound or 2 pound loaves.
I suspect if the price of bread keeps rising I'll be making a lot more of our bread. And if that gets too difficult may have to look into one of those machines. As I think I previously posted though, the kneading, while sometimes tedious, is a form of exercise and can be therapeutic :)

Oh, and French bread is supposed to be dense. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back